Leading Causes of Death, US, 2015-2020

Can we get an updated list of countries that have beat Covid? A country that we always hear about is Japan and they haven't beat it.

I'm not aware of any country that has claimed to beat it, or even what that means exactly. Except there was one place that was claiming they'd overcome with holy water or some such nonsense. Until they came back to their senses.

"we are eradicating the coronavirus," [Israeli] Health Minister Yuli Edelstein tweeted on Friday."

"Israel has recorded no new daily Covid-19 deaths for the first time in 10 months, as the country pushes ahead with its speedy vaccination drive.

The country's coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 6,346 on Thursday, health ministry data showed.

The last time Israel reported zero Covid-19 deaths was at the end of June last year, after lockdown measures curbed a first wave of infections.

Israel's outbreak has eased after hitting its peak in January this year.

The Israeli government started to relax lockdown restrictions a month later as vaccinations against Covid-19 were rolled out more widely.

Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. On Thursday, the country reached the milestone of five million Covid-19 vaccinations.

The health ministry said more than 53% of the country's population of about nine million people had received two doses of vaccine.

"This is a tremendous achievement for the health system and Israeli citizens. Together we are eradicating the coronavirus," Health Minister Yuli Edelstein tweeted on Friday.

Last week Eyal Leshem, a director at Israel's largest hospital, the Sheba Medical Center, said the country may be close to reaching "herd immunity".

Herd immunity happens when enough of a population has protection against an infection, thus stopping it from spreading.

World Health Organization (WHO) experts have estimated that at least 65%-70% of a population need vaccination coverage before herd immunity is reached.

Mr Leshem said herd immunity was the "only explanation" for Israel's continued fall in cases as more restrictions were lifted.

"There is a continuous decline despite returning to near normalcy," he said.

"This tells us that even if a person is infected, most people they meet walking around won't be infected by them."

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/we-...ster-yuli-edelstein-tweeted-on-friday.744878/

"New Zealand loses top spot for best place to be during Covid to Singapore
Slow vaccine rollout cited as the difference between the two countries, both of which have virtually no community coronavirus cases

New Zealand has been dethroned for the first time as the best place to be during Covid 19, as a result of its slower vaccine rollout. The country was bumped from the top spot by Singapore, in Bloomberg’s Covid resilience ranking.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...or-best-place-to-be-during-covid-to-singapore

"Coronapas: The passport helping Denmark open up after Covid

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/coronapas-the-passport-helping-denmark-open-up-after-covid.744667/

"The Best and Worst Places to Be as Variants Outrace Vaccinations"
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

There never was impending doom,

Oh? Over 500K Americans already dead. India is a horror show right now. And Brazil, etc.

Early last year TheRx had a thread over or under 8000 dead! LOL.

Doom has already arrived. And there may yet be plenty more with new VOC that are more infectious and deadly.

There is a war on now between vaccinations and new VOC to see which will prevail.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Oh? Over 500K Americans already dead. India is a horror show right now. And Brazil, etc.

Early last year TheRx had a thread over or under 8000 dead! LOL.

Doom has already arrived. And there may yet be plenty more with new VOC that are more infectious and deadly.

There is a war on now between vaccinations and new VOC to see which will prevail.
My prediction was 770K, i dont care about the dead, i care about the living.

mr merlin

EOG Master
1) First of all, no, many countries did not do none of that.

2) Secondly extreme safety measures involve more than just shutdowns & mask wearing, but also social distancing, contact tracing, quarantines, border closures, testing, increased hand washing & cleaning of surfaces, barriers, etc.

3) Thirdly, furthermore, it's not just extreme safety measures that are factors in reducing such diseases, but as stated they are "largely" responsible for it.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Who's winning the idiotfest today?

Bald airheaded guy from St.Paul who can't wipe his own back crack but knows everything about anything was well ahead last I looked.

Called the pandemic over at < 10k tap outs, then said the tally was fake when he fukked that up, now going with the I guessed 770,000 after declaring the shit over 86 more times.

Comes back every day like a ass kicked ex wife looking for any kind of attention he can get.

1619749855185.png

My prediction was 770K, i dont care about the dead, i care about the living.

Do you care if you were one of those dead by covid? If not, then go licking door knobs till you get it, if you have a death wish. Or you could just off yourself with a drug overdose? What's your preferred method of self execution?

On average 16 years of life have been lost per covid death.

As for the living, with over 3 million dead there must be many surviving loved ones who've been devastated. In Brazil alone covid has murdered thousands of children.

Furthermore, many of the living who've been infected are suffering long term negative health effects from "long covid".

"Is a wise old 90 year olds' brain and life worth more than a young covidiot's life. Absolutely!"

LOL.

‘THE TRUE MEASURE OF ANY SOCIETY CAN BE FOUND IN HOW IT TREATS ITS MOST VULNERABLE MEMBERS’

Nonsense. In 2020 individuals in both Sweden and Norway & nations all over the globe put into practice, in varying degrees, & by various methods, extreme safety measures - such as social distancing, staying at home, working from home, not going out for nonessentials, not gathering in large crowds, etc - resulting in the flu being thwarted. These same interventions kept covid19 from infecting, hospitalizing & murdering multiple times more than what it did. The covid virus suppressing the flu virus obviously could not have been a factor in the vast majority of people in each nation because the vast majority have never been infected by covid19. Thanks to the aforementioned extreme safety measures.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Nonsense. In 2020 individuals in both Sweden and Norway & nations all over the globe put into practice, in varying degrees, & by various methods, extreme safety measures - such as social distancing, staying at home, working from home, not going out for nonessentials, not gathering in large crowds, etc - resulting in the flu being thwarted. These same interventions kept covid19 from infecting, hospitalizing & murdering multiple times more than what it did. The covid virus suppressing the flu virus obviously could not have been a factor in the vast majority of people in each nation because the vast majority have never been infected by covid19. Thanks to the aforementioned extreme safety measures.
I think you are misunderstanding what's happening, our bodies are not blocking the flu and catching covid. Imagine a small village that is regularly attacked by a bandits from the wilderness, now a new group of bandits arrives(you may or may not know this).

The first group of bandits is weaker and retreats , the village is now attacked by the new group who uses different methods, eventually they tire of pillaging and move on, in time the first group of bandits returns and things are back to normal. The village had nothing to do with the fact the first group of bandits were missing for a year.

mr merlin

EOG Master
If you think that i implied any such thing, it is you who is misunderstanding.
You implied that since most people haven't had covid , they should still be able to get the flu, which is true(they can get it) except there's almost no flu circulating because covid is blocking it.

I'm not sure but i would guess it's not possible to have both covid and the flu at the same time.

You implied that since most people haven't had covid , they should still be able to get the flu, which is true(they can get it) except there's almost no flu circulating because covid is blocking it.

I'm not sure but i would guess it's not possible to have both covid and the flu at the same time.

Covid wasn't circulating inside of a large enough percentage of people at any time last year to block the flu from circulating & spreading to any great extent. Extreme safety measures were mainly responsible for that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-season-2020-canada-public-health-1.5804673

https://www.google.com/search?q=pos...me&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fake news articles designed to pump up the myths that mitigation measures are effective are beneath the dignity of intelligent conversation sir. This has happened in the past with other virus's where no measures of any kind occurred.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Flu cases in 2 countries, keep in mind at the time of the complete disappearance of flu - late Mar/early april 2020, no one was wearing masks anywhere, nor were they doing much of anything else mitigation wise - those things developed 2-3 months later. Sweden never did start wearing masks, even now it's like 5%.
1619834329717.png

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Do you care if you were one of those dead by covid? If not, then go licking door knobs till you get it, if you have a death wish. Or you could just off yourself with a drug overdose? What's your preferred method of self execution?

He's tried sooooey side 15 times.

Shot self in head.

Bullet entered skull knocked over space for rent sign, laughed and went back in chamber.

Poor Dr. Mike, fukk up can't even quit with fukkin it up.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Flu cases in 2 countries, keep in mind at the time of the complete disappearance of flu - late Mar/early april 2020, no one was wearing masks anywhere, nor were they doing much of anything else mitigation wise - those things developed 2-3 months later. Sweden never did start wearing masks, even now it's like 5%.
View attachment 7464018

Sweden's response to COVID‐19 has been less invasive than in many other countries, with no general lockdown. Bars, restaurants, public spaces, kindergartens and schools for children up to the age of 16 continued to operate throughout the pandemic, but schools for older children were closed for three months. Sweden did not enforce quarantine for infected households, or for parts of the country, in the first eight months. Physical distancing was strongly recommended, but was only mandatory in bars, restaurants, at events and when visiting elderly care homes. Wearing facemasks was not recommended. People were urged to work from home, if possible, to minimise travel. Although the recommendations were mainly voluntary, an opinion poll in early April found that 98% of respondents had changed their behaviour to protect themselves from COVID‐19.9 A poll in early May found that 87% of respondents kept a greater distance from other people when shopping, visiting restaurants or using public transport.10

mr merlin

EOG Master
Covid wasn't circulating inside of a large enough percentage of people at any time last year to block the flu from circulating & spreading to any great extent. Extreme safety measures were mainly responsible for that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-season-2020-canada-public-health-1.5804673

https://www.google.com/search?q=pos...me&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
here's a good articleal about the interference phenomenon.

https://medium.com/illumination-curated/the-unexpected-case-of-the-disappearing-flu-64fd1fa5e909

Fake news articles designed to pump up the myths that mitigation measures are effective are beneath the dignity of intelligent conversation sir. This has happened in the past with other virus's where no measures of any kind occurred.

This? What's the "this" you are talking about? What happened "with other viruses where no measures of any kind occurred"? Provide examples and documentation, sources.

Last edited:
View attachment 7464018

I'll just repeat what i already told you earlier in this thread::

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'll just repeat what i already told you earlier in this thread::

https://medium.com/illumination-curated/the-unexpected-case-of-the-disappearing-flu-64fd1fa5e909

The author of that article concludes: "Since the current disappearance of various endemic influenza and coronaviruses cannot logically be attributed to NPIs (for the reasons previously discussed), biological phenomena (interactions between viruses), which are currently not well understood, present a far more plausible explanation."

1) First of all, the flu & other viruses referred to didn't disappear last year, but were been reported as being relatively minor compared to past years.

2) Secondly, it is a fact that NPI's or extreme safety measures (lockdowns, masks, distancing, quarantine's, etc) worked to thwart & or kill the C-19 virus and thereby defeat it by reducing its numbers and the number of infected bodies, and/or to keep it from infecting more bodies.

3) Thirdly, the interactions between C-19 and the other viruses cannot wholly explain the reduction of the non C-19 viruses because, as i already suggested to you earlier "Covid wasn't infecting a large enough percentage of people at any time last year to block the flu from circulating & spreading to any great extent. Extreme safety measures were mainly responsible for that."

The author argues: "If the wearing of masks was capable of almost entirely removing influenza from circulation, as has been observed, then this approach would also eliminate SARS-CoV-2."

I'd suggest it wasn't masks alone that were capable of doing so, but (A) the entire array of extreme safety measures referred to above and in combination with (B) viral interference, those infected with C-19 being able to thwart off other viruses such as the flu, as well as (C) C-19 being a far more infectious virus than the flu etc, which means its far more difficult to contain with extreme safety measures, especially when nations continually relax them after the number of C-19 infections declined as a result of them.

If C-19 existed throughout 2019 and was allowed to infect people without the employment of any extreme safety measures, then it would have been like 10 times worse in infections and carnage than it was in 2020 when extreme safety measures were employed.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
From what I've read covid is only slightly more infectious than the flu(perhaps not at all), it's the novel nature of it that made the pandemic so severe.

The mistake you and really every governor and health expert has made is assuming that human intervention can succeed(barring total isolation such as on islands), there is no evidence of that anywhere in the world outside of china, and we really dont know what's happened there..

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I take great happiness in knowing that the pseudo experts and blind faith deniers will eventually cull themselves from the herd.

Stupidity is by far the most infectious disease in America and there is no antidote for stupid. Stupid wears its host down little by little until that host falls prey to strength and wisdom. No different than Wild Kingdom. No such thing as a stupid old animal. Stupid doesn't age well in that venue either.

"Why Is COVID-19 More Contagious Than The Flu?"

"...Small COVID-19 particles may linger in the air longer than the flu.

"...The incubation period for COVID-19 is longer than the flu.

"...Flu antibodies may last longer than COVID-19 antibodies.

"...There isn’t a COVID-19 vaccine, but there is a flu vaccine.

https://www.henryford.com/blog/2020/11/why-is-covid-more-contagious-than-flu

"COVID-19 is more contagious among certain populations and age groups than flu. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm#:~:text=While COVID-19 and flu,more superspreading events than flu.

BTW new covid VOC are even more contagious than the covid of the early covid pandemic, so they're even more contagious than the flu.

"Why Is COVID-19 More Contagious Than The Flu?"

"...Small COVID-19 particles may linger in the air longer than the flu.

"...The incubation period for COVID-19 is longer than the flu.

"...Flu antibodies may last longer than COVID-19 antibodies.

"...There isn’t a COVID-19 vaccine, but there is a flu vaccine.

https://www.henryford.com/blog/2020/11/why-is-covid-more-contagious-than-flu

"COVID-19 is more contagious among certain populations and age groups than flu. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm#:~:text=While COVID-19 and flu,more superspreading events than flu.

BTW new covid VOC are even more contagious than the covid of the early covid pandemic, so they're even more contagious than the flu.

The mistake you and really every governor and health expert has made is assuming that human intervention can succeed(barring total isolation such as on islands), there is no evidence of that anywhere in the world outside of china, and we really dont know what's happened there..

Israel reaching herd immunity:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56722186

"we are eradicating the coronavirus," [Israeli] Health Minister Yuli Edelstein tweeted on Friday."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56868383

"Israel’s coronavirus vaccine success can happen in Massachusetts too, Israeli officials say"

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/0...an-happen-in-massachusetts-too-officials-say/

Coronapas: The passport helping Denmark open up after Covid

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56812293

In Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, a COVID-19 hot spot achieves herd immunity

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...helped-vancouvers-downtown-eastside-hit-herd/

The Best and Worst Places to Be as Variants Outrace Vaccinations

"Although Mongolia stayed free from this deadly virus for almost 10 months, thanks to drastic measures such as closing its borders, canceling international flights, closing all educational facilities, and even banning the national holiday of Tsagaan Sar (Lunar New Year) and Naadam Festival..."
https://thediplomat.com/2021/04/mismanagement-fuels-mongolias-covid-19-spike/

"The [Laos] outbreak comes after a year in which the Southeast Asian nation mostly evaded the coronavirus."
https://thediplomat.com/2021/04/laos-introduces-two-week-lockdown-to-contain-rare-covid-19-outbreak/

Vietnam: 35 covid deaths.
USA: 576,000 covid deaths.
Laos: 0 dead.

Australia: 910 dead
Hong Kong: 210 dead
Singapore: 31 dead
New Zealand: 26 dead
Taiwan: 12 dead

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Here's a chart comparing the severity of the pandemic in the Uk and India. once again the media is trying their best to create fear.

1619985012600.png

mr merlin

EOG Master
Israel reaching herd immunity:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56722186

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56868383

"Israel’s coronavirus vaccine success can happen in Massachusetts too, Israeli officials say"

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/0...an-happen-in-massachusetts-too-officials-say/

Coronapas: The passport helping Denmark open up after Covid

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56812293

In Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, a COVID-19 hot spot achieves herd immunity

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...helped-vancouvers-downtown-eastside-hit-herd/

The Best and Worst Places to Be as Variants Outrace Vaccinations

"Although Mongolia stayed free from this deadly virus for almost 10 months, thanks to drastic measures such as closing its borders, canceling international flights, closing all educational facilities, and even banning the national holiday of Tsagaan Sar (Lunar New Year) and Naadam Festival..."
https://thediplomat.com/2021/04/mismanagement-fuels-mongolias-covid-19-spike/

"The [Laos] outbreak comes after a year in which the Southeast Asian nation mostly evaded the coronavirus."
https://thediplomat.com/2021/04/laos-introduces-two-week-lockdown-to-contain-rare-covid-19-outbreak/

Vietnam: 35 covid deaths.
USA: 576,000 covid deaths.
Laos: 0 dead.

Australia: 910 dead
Hong Kong: 210 dead
Singapore: 31 dead
New Zealand: 26 dead
Taiwan: 12 dead
Why are we not seeing major drops in cases. etc in some of these states that are well along with vaccinations? Quite a few are in the mid 60% range for at least one dose, almost 50% completed, we should be seeing something by now. If anything the states with lower levels are seeing larger drops.

1619985304016.png

Why are we not seeing major drops in cases. etc in some of these states that are well along with vaccinations? Quite a few are in the mid 60% range for at least one dose, almost 50% completed, we should be seeing something by now. If anything the states with lower levels are seeing larger drops.

View attachment 7464028

Too many covidiots running loose?

Multiple factors determine infection counts, such as numbers tested, people acting less safely, etc.

Hospitalizations, long term illness termed "long covid" & deaths are more significant than mere infections.

Vaccinations reduce risk of getting infected & serious illness, including death & can lead to herd immunity in a community.

Why have some heavily vaccinated places seen infections, hospitalizations & deaths plummet to practically nothing.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Too many covidiots running loose?

Multiple factors determine infection counts, such as numbers tested, people acting less safely, etc.

Hospitalizations, long term illness termed "long covid" & deaths are more significant than mere infections.

Vaccinations reduce risk of getting infected & serious illness, including death & can lead to herd immunity in a community.

Why have some heavily vaccinated places seen infections, hospitalizations & deaths plummet to practically nothing.
I dont know the reason we're not seeing better results yet, right now things are certainly going in the right direction but if you had told people in jan that we'd have 90% + of seniors vaccinated and 65-70% of all adults by may, we would have said there'd be very little virus circulating

Perhaps vaccinating all those seniors first accomplished little since they weren't the ones spreading the virus anyway? Now that younger working people are getting it the numbers may drop off fast. We'll see.

MrTop

EOG Master
I dont know the reason we're not seeing better results yet, right now things are certainly going in the right direction but if you had told people in jan that we'd have 90% + of seniors vaccinated and 65-70% of all adults by may, we would have said there'd be very little virus circulating

Perhaps vaccinating all those seniors first accomplished little since they weren't the ones spreading the virus anyway? Now that younger working people are getting it the numbers may drop off fast. We'll see.

the people don't want to go back to work yet. The lower end businesses want help... they will have to raise their wages first. So people are taking their time getting shots.. along with the locations are just now making it real easy to get shots.... moderna takes about 28 days in between

mr merlin

EOG Master
the people don't want to go back to work yet. The lower end businesses want help... they will have to raise their wages first. So people are taking their time getting shots.. along with the locations are just now making it real easy to get shots.... moderna takes about 28 days in between
In the south and midwest vaccine demand has completely collapsed - they're still doing a fair number of second doses but new people are just not coming, in the dakotas they're adding less than 1%/week(more like 1/2 percent), so they are only going low single digits higher than now.

Your're right that no one can hire now, around here help wanted signs are everywhere because of all the people soaking up enhanced unemployment. There are restaurants that are closing on some days because they cant find cooks.