Arlington Park for Sale

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm back in ILLINOIS.... I FKN HATE THIS STATE. My property tax went up 9.4% this year...for no reason. I was paying 895/year on my $250k house in Alabama to now well over 7k on a 260k house in this shift state. The state lost a seat in Congress and our fatass governor says the kids are leaving illinois for out of state college. People leaving illinois due to higher taxes.
But it works for Bigrunner.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
lol Illinois is the only state that could lose money selling lottery tickets and collecting tollway. How does that even happen?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I lived many years in Illinois. I would take Kentucky any day as a residence over the shithole that is Illinois.

Look at Valuist talking like the worst and most criminal president ever. Benedict Donald who Valuist voted for twice calls African countries shitholes just like you call Illinois a shithole. Fuckoff ignorant racist Republicon!

Valuist

EOG Master
Look at Valuist talking like the worst and most criminal president ever. Benedict Donald who Valuist voted for twice calls African countries shitholes just like you call Illinois a shithole. Fuckoff ignorant racist Republicon!

Forget your meds? I see you are unhinged again.

Is Big Runner even a real person? Is it possible EOG management hired someone to be a pathetic troll and post a lot? We need JK to weigh in on this.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Is Big Runner even a real person? Is it possible EOG management hired someone to be a pathetic troll and post a lot? We need JK to weigh in on this.

I'm very real, very original. You follow. You parrot racist Benedict Donald. You Value him as a mentor, you see him as a role model.

You call Illinois a shithole like the parroting Snowflake you are. "It's the taxes, it's the crime, it's the weather". Lol

Bigrunner

EOG Master
They better institute the bottle/can deposit law, then they can clean their streets 10 cents at a time.

That was pretty cool. Joe Biden is such a threat to Republicon Fair Warning, that Fair Warning must resort to trafficking the lie that Joe Biden is senile. And that's what Republicons do! They traffic lies, racism and conspiracies. "White supremacy is terrorism". What a great presidential address by Joe Biden.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Churchill gets away with acting like total gangsters. Paying off the state too, blatant bribery going on. But it's Illinois, what else would you expect to happen in such a shithole.

The hypocrisy of WildBill is blaring. Not only a political post but he also parroted Benedict Donald. I love it!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That was pretty cool. Joe Biden is such a threat to Republicon Fair Warning, that Fair Warning must resort to trafficking the lie that Joe Biden is senile. And that's what Republicons do! They traffic lies, racism and conspiracies. "White supremacy is terrorism". What a great presidential address by Joe Biden.

Did he unite everyone? Did Biden wear two masks?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No Surrender. We can't or else the Republicons will continue to illegally gerrymander the hell out of the nation. Republicons are excellent at scaling tall walls and beating police officers.

"Stop the steal". "No Colllusion"
You have just passed my mother for the person most in need of drugs to control delusions.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
You have just passed my mother for the person most in need of drugs to control delusions.

Speaking of needing drugs to control delusions. Didn't you say Joe Biden is senile? Are you not a lying Republicon? Sorry about the redundancy. Last night he looked comfortable and confident. As usual and very far from senile. You really don't have any credibility.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Speaking of needing drugs to control delusions. Didn't you say Joe Biden is senile? Are you not a lying Republicon? Sorry about the redundancy. Last night he looked comfortable and confident. As usual and very far from senile. You really don't have any credibility.
Yeah

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Who's pitching for the Kentucky Hillbillies today? Most certainly a lying Republicon.

Valuist says, "Crime, taxes, weather. Kentucky Hillbillies way better than the Land of Lincoln". And Republicon Rockfish 2nd's that. Both Republicons parroting Benedict Donald when calling the Land of Lincoln a shithole.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Why do you post the same shit over and over? Are you a dumb fuck?

serious questions here.

You aren't serious. I've caused your panties to get bunched.

Fair Warning game is to defend Benedict Donald or any Republicon except Justin A and call Joe Biden senile and smear and lie about every other democrat.

What do you think of Illinois very own Adam Kinzinger?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Yet another thread about a good topic shit on by Bigrunner.

Shocker.
Churchill gets away with acting like total gangsters. Paying off the state too, blatant bribery going on. But it's Illinois, what else would you expect to happen in such a shithole.
i live in illinois. i disagree with you about it being a shithole. it is a shithole times 10 with sky high taxes and a city, county, and state deep in debt.

Ignorant one, referring to EJD.. Here are the 2nd and 3rd post. But you choose me as the one that shit on the thread. Ignorant Ejd is blind too back to back posts of posters using the Land of Lincoln to parrot Benedict Donald. Can you Republicons get any more hypocritical and projective.

"Jk, its Bigrunner's fault" .
- Ejd the Ignorant Republicon.

Damn the redundancy. I gotta stop.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Yet another thread about a good topic shit on by Bigrunner.

Shocker.

I'm EJD. "I see a thread where posts 2 & 3 are political in nature where Benedict Donald gets parroted by 2 Republicons referring to the Land of Lincoln as a shithole. Then Bigrunner enters to defend the Land of Lincoln and pushback at the parroting Republicons. Naturally it's Bigrunner's fault".

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm EJD. "I see a thread where posts 2 & 3 are political in nature where Benedict Donald gets parroted by 2 Republicons referring to the Land of Lincoln as a shithole. Then Bigrunner enters to defend the Land of Lincoln and pushback at the parroting Republicons. Naturally it's Bigrunner's fault".
It is, that's why they run to Wisconsin and Michigan every weekend - they hate themselves.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
It is, that's why they run to Wisconsin and Michigan every weekend - they hate themselves.

They sure do. Remember when the Republicons were all moving to Canada if Obama got reelected. I think Valuist and Rockfish called America a shithole when Obama was president.

Who's pitching today for the Kentucky Hillbillies? Did the Hillbillies do any good in yesterday's NFL draft. The weather in Kentucky is great. Not many Black people.
- Valuist

Valuist

EOG Master
Fair Warning might be the most likeable poster on the site. And Big Runner trashes him at every opportunity. "You racist!!!". Yes, he is such a racist. As am I. At least according to Big Nobody.

But there isn't much better than to watch FW passive aggressively needle Big Runner. It pisses him off so much. Well done, Fair Warning. Well done.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Fair Warning might be the most likeable poster on the site. And Big Runner trashes him at every opportunity. "You racist!!!". Yes, he is such a racist. As am I. At least according to Big Nobody.

But there isn't much better than to watch FW passive aggressively needle Big Runner. It pisses him off so much. Well done, Fair Warning. Well done.

Most likable? Lol, lol, lol.

Fair Warning claims Joe Biden is senile. Fair Warning posted Joe Biden sexually assaulted a crazy woman. He has zero basis other than right wing talking points and propaganda to post such misinformation. I won't even review all his racist posts. Yes to racist Republicons he is likeable. Did it again. The redundancy.

Btw, whose on the hill for the Hillbillies today? I bet the weather is great in Kentucky, maybe they play 2 and maybe finally some turf racing and a fast track.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I agree. Fair warning is likeable and very fair. He's criticized me in the past but has always done it in a smart and classy way and ALWAYS made valid points in his arguments.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I agree. Fair warning is likeable and very fair. He's criticized me in the past but has always done it in a smart and classy way and ALWAYS made valid points in his arguments.

Very fair? Lol

He immediately attacked George Floyd after he was murdered. He attacked Breanna Taylor after she was murdered. Subsequent to those murders he's called unarmed black victims that were shot in the back by cops criminals. Making comments such as innocent people don't run away. Or comments about a victims past. Plus he calls Joe Biden senile. Lol

Not racist and very fair. That's a good laugh.

Agree with this 100%. I don't know why you guys don't put BigRunner and Railbird, among a few others, on ignore.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Agree with this 100%. I don't know why you guys don't put BigRunner and Railbird, among a few others, on ignore.

Thanks for the compliment. Anytime an EOG poster puts me in the same bucket as Railturd it's an immediate tell the poster is wacked. And the majority here are being exposed. A common theme around here is it's Bigrunner's fault. LOL

"Carry on, Very Dumb Dude".

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
What are the chances of the Bears moving out there?

Pretty close to zero. they have many years left on their lease at soldier field. The lease is very favorable to the Bears financially. The land that Arlington sits on is very valuable.
Not likely to happen. i don't think the state of Illinois in its current financial mess would be looking to give the McCaskeys big tax breaks for a stadium.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Once again Breonna was sleeping with the dope man. The cops had a valid search warrant based on surveillance & other facts related to drugs being tracked. When the police served the warrant the dope man fired at the police FIRST! The police returned fire & unfortunately Breonna was killed. I feel bad her life was lost but she made the choice to hang out with the dope man.

blueline

EOG Master
I bet ,my final Arlington race.....went out a winner...farewell Arlington so many memories
A sullen John Dooley after today's final race "...Saturday...it's the final day............"

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
My only trip to Arlington was at the EOG get together…what a great time with all of the Posters from the Chicago area….what a day!

blueline

EOG Master
Many clad in blue and orange, hundreds of residents from Arlington Heights and other Northwest suburbs came to the John Hersey High School gymnasium Thursday to get their first look at plans for the Chicago Bears' redevelopment at Arlington Park.

They came to meet their potential new neighbors in town: top brass from the NFL's charter franchise, led by team Chairman George McCaskey and President/CEO Ted Phillips

It was just 47 years ago when McCaskey's grandfather, team founder George S. Halas, came to an Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce luncheon to tout his team's possible relocation from Soldier Field to Arlington Park.

On Thursday night, McCaskey made a similar pitch.

"I want to stress from the outset that we want to be good neighbors," said McCaskey, noting his father, Ed, and mother, Virginia, moved to Des Plaines in 1949, and family members have called Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine and Mount Prospect home. "We know the community well, and like you, we want what's best for the community."

"We are in very beginning of a process to explore what might be possible at the Arlington Park site," he continued. "There are still many unknowns, including whether we will be able to close on the property, and if we do, whether we will develop it, and if we do, whether that development will include a stadium. We have a long way to go. There will be ebbs and flows with progress and setbacks."

But, McCaskey declared, "we think development of the site including a stadium is a win for Bears fans, the village of Arlington Heights, the surrounding communities and the state of Illinois."

McCaskey, accompanied by other team leadership and their hired consulting architects and engineers, presented conceptual plans for a transit-oriented, mixed-use and entertainment district anchored by a domed stadium on the 326-acre site of the former thoroughbred racetrack. At an estimated $5 billion cost, it would be one of the largest development projects in Illinois history.

Attendees, sitting on foldable chairs on the gym floor, watched a slide presentation on two large screens as team officials and their consultants presented their vision for the old racetrack property. The two-hour meeting concluded with a question-and-answer session; the general public wrote questions on cards that were read aloud by Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak.

The community meeting organized by the Bears came two days after the club's initial release of two conceptual renderings and a site plan of the proposed redevelopment. Those renderings came with an open letter vowing not to ask for tax dollars, at least for the stadium portion of the project.

McCaskey and Phillips on Thursday repeated that pledge but again left open the door to seeking public funding for the rest of the project.

"We will need help," McCaskey said. "There are broad, long-term public benefits of this project, and we look forward to partnering with various governmental bodies to secure additional funding and assistance needed to support development of the remainder of the site. How much or what form this will take we do not know at this time. But we do know that without infrastructure support and property tax certainty, the project as described to you tonight will not be able to move forward."

Three hours before the meeting, Brian Costin, deputy state director of Americans for Prosperity Illinois, released a statement opposing the use of tax dollars for any part of the project.

"We are elated to hear the Chicago Bears can build a 'best-in-class enclosed stadium' at Arlington Park without taxpayer subsidies. We should take that statement as a promise to the residents and taxpayers of Arlington Heights and Illinois," Costin wrote. "However, if the Bears are telling the truth about not being able to develop the rest of the park without massive taxpayer subsidies, then it's a clear sign they shouldn't."

Costin's conservative political advocacy group -- its state chapter offices are in the shadow of Arlington Park in Rolling Meadows -- submitted a petition of some 650 signatures to the Arlington Heights village clerk on Tuesday that seeks village board approval of a so-called anti-corporate welfare ordinance. The measure, which would bar the municipality from "offering or extending any financial incentive to any business or corporation to operate in the village," could be formally considered by trustees on Sept. 19.

Besides a multipurpose entertainment district anchored by an enclosed stadium on the 120-acre northwest portion of the Arlington Park property, the Bears' plans call for an adjoining commercial/retail and housing district on the 206 acres to the southeast that could include restaurants, offices, a hotel, performance venue, fitness center, townhouses and multifamily housing, parks and open spaces.

Team officials Thursday didn't detail specifics of the stadium plan, like the seating capacity or number of parking spaces, but they said it would be more than what is at Soldier Field. At 61,500 seats, the lakefront stadium is the smallest in the NFL.

Phillips did say the field would have a dome -- not a retractable roof.

The team's pending $197.2 million purchase of the racetrack from Churchill Downs Inc. is scheduled to close later this year or early next.

While Thursday's meeting was conducted by the Bears, Arlington Heights officials announced their regularly scheduled village board committee of the whole meeting on Monday would include a discussion of the Bears' preliminary plans but that no decisions would be made. The public meeting is set for 7 p.m. at the Forest View Educational Center theater, 2121 S. Goebbert Road.