Colt Brennan passes at 37

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Cheapseats mentioned it in another thread but I thought it worthy of its own.

Passed early this morning in Newport Beach. OD'ed on something laced with fentanyl.

Dude pretty much single-handedly put Hawaii football on the map in the mid-aughts.

He was injured badly in a 2010 car accident and never really fully recovered. A traumatic brain injury was involved, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that had a lot to do with his addiction struggles.

Apparently he tried to check himself in to an inpatient rehab center just yesterday, but was turned away due to a lack of space.

Cheap said it best: "Addiction is a cruel associate."

RIP....

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hawaii-record-setting-qb-colt-brennan-dead-37

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
remember the accident, talk about life changing event, sure was entertaining to watch play, continue to lose a lot of people to ODs unfortunately

railbird

EOG Master
best hawaii qb ever, best 3 striper qb ever. TBI from car accident showed more damage than most CTE

railbird

EOG Master
Leinarts backup. Took a class with him in college. Was a fun dude to talk to. Once he blew up I never saw him in class ever again haha.

Car accident in 2010 really scrambled his brain. Never been the same since
he was better than leinart. which college and class?

railbird

EOG Master
rollo started lineart who only had 1/2 the talent as brennan. brennan was better than lineart at every level