2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

"Arizona is the best cure for what ails teams but the Cardinals should not be better than a 2-1 favorite even if the game was final."

LOL.

"This is a team with a combined batting average of .218 and a combined OBP of .295 since May 12, both of which rank dead last in the majors."

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No play on it, but this feels like a must-win for the cubs today. A loss puts them 6 out, that would be a good time to re-evaluate their roster. I don’t think any team has much of a chance with playing Eric Sogart every day.

No play on it, but this feels like a must-win for the cubs today. A loss puts them 6 out, that would be a good time to re-evaluate their roster. I don’t think any team has much of a chance with playing Eric Sogart every day.

In all honesty did they think this would be a contending season anyways? Sure seems like a team that was likely to trade a lot of veterans and Bryant away in-season anyways.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In all honesty did they think this would be a contending season anyways? Sure seems like a team that was likely to trade a lot of veterans and Bryant away in-season anyways.
No but the good start can give a false hope from management. They had a very easy schedule to start the season.

baseball prospectus said brewers in the central. This could be over early
Cardinals are so badly underperforming it's probably the right call. They were the only real competition, no one should have expected much from the Cubs or Pirates.

Valuist

EOG Master
The only competition to Milwaukee might be Cincinnati. St Louis is not good. One of the worst bullpens in MLB. Just pitch around Arenado and Goldschmidt. And this season, really no need to pitch around Goldschmidt with his .252/.319/.415 slash line. A WRC+ a non fear inducing 106. His walk rate at a career low shows pitchers aren't pitching around him.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I bet every lean I had today let's see how ugly it gets

Mariners / Blue Jays 1H Under 5

Texas/Oakland Over 7.5

Nats +118

Mets/Braves 1H Under 3.5

Mets/Braves draw after 3 (3 way)
+230

Diamondbacks +125

Valuist

EOG Master
With all the teams off travel and many lefty starters going, looks like a good day for the Salami to go under.

Valuist

EOG Master

Sogard had an interesting game yesterday; he had two plate appearances and made 2 outs. He committed an error in the field. Once the game got out of hand, Ross put him in to pitch the 9th inning and he gave up 3 runs, including 2 home runs.