Devin Booker

kane

EOG master
Re: Devin Booker

I know the Heat liked him a lot, they though he was the best shooter in the draft. Miami had the tenth pick and would have taken Booker, but they didn't expect Justise Winslow to still be on the board, had Winslow been taken earlier, Booker would have probably ended up in Miami

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

another great player from the University of Kentucky...coach cal...the roman empire of college hoops

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I know the Heat liked him a lot, they though he was the best shooter in the draft. Miami had the tenth pick and would have taken Booker, but they didn't expect Justise Winslow to still be on the board, had Winslow been taken earlier, Booker would have probably ended up in Miami

Those were two of my three favorite players in the NBA draft.

I liked Winslow's motor, Devin's shooting and of course Towns' size.

I downgraded Jahlil Okafor.

Out here in Phoenix he's pretty much all Suns fans have to cheer for. Last year he befriended a young girl with Down's syndrome who shows up early for shoot arounds at every Suns game. Booker ended up taking the young girl with him as his guest to New York last year for the draft lottery. He's an excellent role model.

Heim

EOG Master

If Bledsoe doesn't get hurt Suns may never had known what they have....

kane

EOG master

Actually, the true steal of the draft might end up being Josh Richardson. The Heat picked him in the second round with the 40th pick, last year he led all rookies in three point percentage, and this year he should get a lot more playing time. Richardson shot .461 from three last year, Booker shot .343, if Richardson had enough attempts to qualify, he would have finished third in the league in three point percentage

grana

EOG Senior Member

He still is not a top 25 guard in the NBA. Garbage time buckets. I really don't like his game, because he doesn't make others better and is a gunner.

In fairness, he's a SG and still averages over 3 assists. And that number should gradually increase in time. Plus he's only 20. Too early to judge his value to the downside. Not in love with his game either, but should he decide to play some defense one day, he could be pretty decent overall.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Devin's father, Melvin Booker, was Big Eight Player of the Year at Missouri in 1994.

railbird

EOG Master
patrick beverly owned him, made him disappear, the refs had to bail him out. booker is a soft mexican.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith is now comparing Devin Booker to Kobe Bryant.

Calls Booker the next Kobe.

Hmmm...

Booker reminds me of Kobe when he dribbles hard into the lane and then releases his shot at the apex of his jump.

Both Devin and Kobe were sons of former NBA players and both were drafted in the 13th slot of their respective NBA Drafts.

Similar height and weight, too.

Of course, Booker is 24 now.

By the time Kobe was 24, he had already won three NBA titles.

ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith is now comparing Devin Booker to Kobe Bryant.

Calls Booker the next Kobe.

Hmmm...

Booker reminds me of Kobe when he dribbles hard into the lane and then releases his shot at the apex of his jump.

Both Devin and Kobe were sons of former NBA players and both were drafted in the 13th slot of their respective NBA Drafts.

Similar height and weight, too.

Of course, Booker is 24 now.

By the time Kobe was 24, he had already won three NBA titles.
What Kobe brought later in his career was an insane level of competitiveness and a total hatred for losing. I don't see that in Book, or really anyone else in the game today. That was truly rare, Kobe and MJ were on another level for that and it made what were elite basketball skills go to another level. Let's not get into the titles comparison though, Kobe had Shaq and that won them the titles.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
patrick beverly owned him, made him disappear, the refs had to bail him out. booker is a soft mexican.

Booker is eligible to play for the national basketball teams of Mexico and Puerto Rico.

But Team USA recruited him.

Heim

EOG Master
He became a top 10 player when he developed his dribble drive penetration to the hoop.

Now they have to respect that which opens his outside game more.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He became a top 10 player when he developed his dribble drive penetration to the hoop.

Now they have to respect that which opens his outside game more.

Loved Devin Booker's hard drive to the hole and left-handed flush in Game 4 (?) of the Western Conference Finals.

WILDBILL made a good point about Booker's competitive fire.

Hard to get to MJ or Kobe's level.

But I get the feeling he'll be a quiet assassin.

I like his on-court demeanor.

Funny that Chris Paul called him his "light-skinned brother."

Skin color is front and center in today's world.

I wish skin color was treated like eye color.

No one mentions eye color.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I don't like guys that have these extreme hot and cold nature in big games.

too high a variance shot.

makes for great player props betting.

but as a coach this would drive me insane.

middleton is in the same boat.

don't show me 40 and then follow that up with 17 the next night.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Yeah terrible call but even more concerning is how can Booker not be aware of his foul situation. He cannot foul out of the game. He might be dumb.

Heim

EOG Master
I can't remember anyone that gets such spring on his shots including Jordan and Bryant.

Booker goes to the next floor at the apex.

Lloyd Free was close if you look at some old photos but Booker is in a league of his own.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Yeah terrible call but even more concerning is how can Booker not be aware of his foul situation. He cannot foul out of the game. He might be dumb.

Booker dumb?

I don't think so, TT.

I read a few stories how father Melvin would teach son Devin how to "think the game."