Olympics Cancellation

At this time, that would be crazy but sounds like it will happen. Still notice they have about 1,000 new cases per day confirmed in Tokyo, a region with about 30 million people. The US is far above that rate in new cases and has been pretty much since last April.

Heim

EOG Master
Ask yourself how much does the IOC love money?........and then give me +140 for the limit.

You're right. But it doesn't mean cancellation prior to the opening ceremonies. Just a few
cases in the Olympic village can have a rippling effect. They might not have a choice
if teams can't practice and/or athletes are sent home home.

MrTop

EOG Master
the bigger Oly games are the ones after japans. The US has not said they will go or boycott the china Oly.

Last edited:
Yup, will not sponsor anything Olympics related.
Its worse than that. Toyota is still paying to sponsor the Olympics, but fear of public reprisals from the Japanese people has led them to just abandon their TV ads and other marketing efforts. So they are paying for what will be blanks if this goes off. The Mexican media is all over the Olympics and what's going to happen since they don't care about the NBA or the golf that just passed, they have been watching this situation so closely and its really interesting to hear all this stuff I didn't hear in the US where if it isn't impacting the US, it doesn't get reported.

And as they pointed out, its not about what the IOC chooses to do first. The issue is the local political and health authorities could basically say its illegal to hold any events such as the Olympics and pull any licenses they have and the IOC is stuck. Due to the time difference and weather there, most athletes were planning to be there by now so they will all be stuck with the costs and logistics and then told sorry go home now. That would be the ultimate piss off moment by the Japanese to the world.

railbird

EOG Master
Its worse than that. Toyota is still paying to sponsor the Olympics, but fear of public reprisals from the Japanese people has led them to just abandon their TV ads and other marketing efforts. So they are paying for what will be blanks if this goes off. The Mexican media is all over the Olympics and what's going to happen since they don't care about the NBA or the golf that just passed, they have been watching this situation so closely and its really interesting to hear all this stuff I didn't hear in the US where if it isn't impacting the US, it doesn't get reported.

And as they pointed out, its not about what the IOC chooses to do first. The issue is the local political and health authorities could basically say its illegal to hold any events such as the Olympics and pull any licenses they have and the IOC is stuck. Due to the time difference and weather there, most athletes were planning to be there by now so they will all be stuck with the costs and logistics and then told sorry go home now. That would be the ultimate piss off moment by the Japanese to the world.
satan knows its 11 59 and change, he is no rookie he has been around a long time, he picked a very divisive disease.

MrTop

EOG Master
satan knows its 11 59 and change, he is no rookie he has been around a long time, he picked a very divisive disease.

anything he likes with the early games tomorrow ? I know he does not like the Angels tomorrow, they have the day off.

the dodgers are killing me tonight

railbird

EOG Master
anything he likes with the early games tomorrow ? I know he does not like the Angels tomorrow, they have the day off.

the dodgers are killing me tonight
your a dipshit for betting communist roberts, he is batting 47 yr old useless roidhead Puljos 4th, gidp, and then whif with scoring posisition, most useless player in baseball

MrTop

EOG Master
your a dipshit for betting communist roberts, he is batting 47 yr old useless roidhead Puljos 4th, gidp, and then whif with scoring posisition, most useless player in baseball

ok but the dodgers came back and won with 3 in the 6th & 9th LOL

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Well, the Olympic competition is underway. That awesome US women's soccer team starts with a resounding defeat at the hands of Sweden, 0-3.

Its just a guess, but I'd bet Railbird will have a gleeful morning.

Well, the Olympic competition is underway. That awesome US women's soccer team starts with a resounding defeat at the hands of Sweden, 0-3.

Its just a guess, but I'd bet Railbird will have a gleeful morning.
Rail is like the lone Dont player at the craps table. Only enjoys misery but he can't enjoy it for long because there is always someone enjoying life coming along to piss him off.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Soft cancel. Individual competitions will be canceled as well as mass positive tested athletes DQ'd. Will not only go down as the worse and worse Olympics, gold medals will have no legitimacy, prestige.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And a prediction from the Futures Cat. To seal the infamy legacy. The fuck you variant will be seeded at the Tokyo Olympics. That will put it an historic epic fail level.

Heim

EOG Master
Soft cancel. Individual competitions will be canceled as well as mass positive tested athletes DQ'd. Will not only go down as the worse and worse Olympics, gold medals will have no legitimacy, prestige.

I wonder how the books are going to handle the O/U medal counts for posted countries?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I feel like everybody uses mental health as a scapegoat when things aren't going well but when things are going your way, you never hear squat about how great their mental health was heading into or during a competitive match/feature.

But I agree no crowds, no mojo. It doesn't feel like its that important. Overall dud.

Last edited: