Deshaun Watson

kane

EOG master
Traded to the Browns, Cleveland gives up 3 first rounders and additional assets, he gets a 5 year deal worth 230 Million, all of it guaranteed

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Does Baker have any "no trade" in is contract? Or guaranteed money? That could get interesting in the cap calculations. Just sit tight and stick it to the Browns???

Does Baker have any "no trade" in is contract? Or guaranteed money? That could get interesting in the cap calculations. Just sit tight and stick it to the Browns???
Its a rookie contract. They picked up the 5th year so he's guaranteed 18 mil.

I assume Cle will pay someone to take him. Meaning they'll pay the majority of his contract and hope get a mid-late rounder in return.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Twenty-four hours ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter was reporting the Saints and the Falcons as the only two teams left in the Deshaun Watson Sweepstakes.

What happened?

kane

EOG master
Watson changed his mind about playing for Cleveland, he had a no trade clause, so he got to choose where he wanted to go

kane

EOG master
In other news, JuJu signs with the Chiefs, another weapon for Mahomes

Last edited by a moderator:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Cleveland Browns said they want an "adult" quarterback to mayfield so what do they do? They sign a guy with 22 sexual misconduct allegations against him (i guess that's what they meant by an adult) for 5 years 230million guaranteed and also gave up 3 #1s and who knows what else. Leave it to the Browns and the Raiders to constantly make moves that cost their franchise multiple years to recover from. I would have been disgusted if the saints paid watson this much and the saints need a qb worse than anyone in the nfl meanwhile the Browns already had at least a middle of the road starter. Things that make you shake your head.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What the Lambs did was technically bad. Trade away the futures cat to win now. It worked for them. It didn't work for the 1987 Detroit Tigers even though Doyle Alexander went 10-0 and won them the division. Twins stopped them short and John Smoltzy is in the Hall of Shame. I suspect the Clowns will have a 1987 result.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If I was GM, I'm building the rest of my rooster before concentrating on QB. Sure, try to draft a Joe Montana but no Risky Business trades for a QB.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I'd try Baker in New Orleans. He will be the hungriest player in the nfl after this. may not work out but I'd take a spin.

kane

EOG master
I'd try Baker in New Orleans. He will be the hungriest player in the nfl after this. may not work out but I'd take a spin.
If I'm the Saints, I'd rather re-sign Jameis, he was pretty good for them last year before getting hurt, I'm not a Baker fan at all

kane

EOG master
Baker fits better with the Colts
I think Jimmy G would be a perfect fit for them, a really good offensive line, a great running back, Jimmy would just need to do what he's best at, be a game manager. Also, from everything I've heard, he's a great teammate and well liked in the locker room

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
If I'm the Saints, I'd rather re-sign Jameis, he was pretty good for them last year before getting hurt, I'm not a Baker fan at all
Ehh, He never did much, coach kept a tight leach on him as a whole and layed on the defense. I mean he's obviously better than taysom fukin hill but I'm ready to try with the guy with some upside and a ton of hungry after the shit the Browns pulled.

kane

EOG master
Ehh, He never did much, coach kept a tight leach on him as a whole and layed on the defense. I mean he's obviously better than taysom fukin hill but I'm ready to try with the guy with some upside and a ton of hungry after the shit the Browns pulled.
That's where we disagree, I don't think Baker has any upside, I think he's a middle of the road average QB, and that's all he'll ever be, like the Browns said, they don't think he's mature enough to be the face of the franchise and lead them to where they want to go, I'm sure there are things that took place in the locker room and off the field that they know about that we don't, but some team will take a chance on him, I'm just glad it isn't my team. I do like those Progressive commercials though, I'll give him that

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
That's where we disagree, I don't think Baker has any upside, I think he's a middle of the road average QB, and that's all he'll ever be, like the Browns said, they don't think he's mature enough to be the face of the franchise and lead them to where they want to go, I'm sure there are things that took place in the locker room and off the field that they know about that we don't, but some team will take a chance on him, I'm just glad it isn't my team. I do like those Progressive commercials though, I'll give him that
And some how they think deshaun watson is mature enough to send 230 milli to? I mean I get he's a better qb but man.

kane

EOG master
They'll have to find another venue for those commercials, no more filming in Cleveland's stadium

kane

EOG master
And some how they think deshaun watson is mature enough to send 230 milli to? I mean I get he's a better qb but man.
And that's all that matters really, talent always wins out, if Baker was the QB Watson is, I'm sure the Browns wouldn't have had any problem with him, but the gap between them is huge, we'll have to see where Baker ends up and how it all plays out

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
And that's all that matters really, talent always wins out, if Baker was the QB Watson is, I'm sure the Browns wouldn't have had any problem with him, but the gap between them is huge, we'll have to see where Baker ends up and how it all plays out
That's where we disagree I guess. I don't think the gap is so huge. We'll see in time I guess. Obviously don't think Baker is a can't miss but in the saints current situation I think he's certainly worth a shot.

Valuist

EOG Master
Seems like a Progressive move. And a happy ending for all.

Meanwhile, with a new $230 million contract, 1 hour rates at Cleveland area massage parlors expected to rise sharply; one form of inflation not traceable to Joey Brandon.