Broadcasting ratings 1 thru 100

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
I'm too young to remember Glickman, but I know enough that he was a legend in his day
When you get a chance The HBO documentary "Glickman" is a must see.
Also his autobiography "The Fastest Kid on the Block " is tremendous.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Doug gottlieb 78

Being sued by Freeman's agent for libel.

Says main reason he was fired was due to Gottlieb's tweet
about not relaying Braves last offer.

This should be interesting.

As much as I like Gottlieb's show, he does a lot of hearsay talking.

railbird

EOG Master
Being sued by Freeman's agent for libel.

Says main reason he was fired was due to Gottlieb's tweet
about not relaying Braves last offer.

This should be interesting.

As much as I like Gottlieb's show, he does a lot of hearsay talking.
i hate his non sports opinions

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Listening to Brock Osweiler's ESPN debut covering NCST @ ECU.

A bit of a bore thus far, but he does speak English well.

The ability is there. Just needs some polishing. At one point he said "Cannot." There is a big difference between the "written and spoken" word. Written word - cannot is acceptable. Spoken word: Can't.

He also looked at his PbP guy during the pre-game stuff. Needs to look at us. The ability is there and after doing this some he will get better. You were very generous with your grade. I woulda given him about a 60

Heim

EOG Master
Gottlieb is from out here. One of the best pg Orange County has ever produced. His game and his broadcast persona is very matter of fact, cocky if you will.

With that being said, he seldom backs down on anything he says.

I can only conclude his job was on the line.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Gottlieb is from out here. One of the best pg Orange County has ever produced. His game and his broadcast persona is very matter of fact, cocky if you will.

Went to Tustin HS. Used to watch him play a lot up the street at Mile Square Park. And he could play.

railbird

EOG Master
Gottlieb is from out here. One of the best pg Orange County has ever produced. His game
and his broadcast persona is very matter of fact, cocky if you will.

I played tennis with his dad, his dad died of melanoma. I pitched va Tustin, lost1-0 to steve surico, they had dave Staton who played with Padres, I struck dave out on a 3-2 cement mixer

railbird

EOG Master
I played tennis with his dad, his dad died of melanoma. I pitched va Tustin, lost1-0 to steve surico, they had dave Staton who played with Padres, I struck dave out on a 3-2 cement mixer
Of course we scored 8 runs in 2nd game of dh, I never got run support

kane

EOG master
Went to Tustin HS. Used to watch him play a lot up the street at Mile Square Park. And he could play.
I remember Gottlieb plating for NDU and Ok St, if memory serves he was a good college point guard, good handles and a good passer, but couldn't shoot, and I seem to recall he was a terrible free throw shooter

Heim

EOG Master
I remember Gottlieb plating for NDU and Ok St, if memory serves he was a good college point guard, good handles and a good passer, but couldn't shoot, and I seem to recall he was a terrible free throw shooter

He got booted from ND for using his roommates credit card without his knowledge.

He's been trying to get a coaching gig but has been rejected a few times, I know he wanted
the OK State job.

He's a great listen on radio. knows college hoops well and it shows when he does color for
Fox tv games. Naturally he's a little bombastic and controversial, he knows how to play the
ratings game.