NHL 2022-2023

Bushay

NHL Expert
Blackhawks are positioning themselves nicely for a top 2-3 pick.

montreal alternative jerseys are awful.
2 prospects rated currently far ahead of the rest. Bedard and a kid from U of Michigan Adam Fantilli. But Bedard is the real prize. He's currently getting Eric Lindros pre-NHL treatment. Michtov, is a Russian prospect also in the mix as well. The race to the bottom always gets interesting after about February. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Tough beat. 3rd Wild game in 4 nights and turning to their backup who posts the 1st shutout of his career. It seemed like a very winnable bet especially after scoring 13g L2 game and 16 L3. Even the HNIC crew's post-game talk seemed without answers. Tomorrow's another day.
That sucked with a goose egg, have a good New Year!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Didnt post because of juice but I guess there's other ways to post it ... figured TBAY would be mad tonight because of recent circumstances

Bushay

NHL Expert
Just played the Rangers +190 down 2-1 on Live line with about 10 min to go in the 2nd as well as Calgary +108 down 1-0 with about 10 to go in the first.

Bushay

NHL Expert
2 smart ingame plays Bushay, Blues appear to have a few injuries issues.
Got a push with plus money on my winner, but Markstrom has been sucking ass all season. I have him on a fantasy team and he's been a disappointment all season after a remarkable one last year. I figured trading their 2 guns would make the team more defensive-minded. Especially with Sutter back behind the bench again. Up 3-1 entering the 3rd should have been money. Blues with a minus-15 goal differential so far on the year seemed like a near-sure thing. One thing is for sure, in-game betting for me has been money and the only way I've been making any. I love betting on a favorite in-game after giving up the first or even 2nd goal. Especially vs a far weaker team. Flames closed -170 otr, gave up the first goal, and went to +108. That's when I like to jump on these teams. Results have admittedly been better playing home teams in this spot for me. But I'm selective with teams in this spot. We'll try again tomorrow. You're also correct about the Blues' injury situation. No Tarasenko, OReilly, Leddy or Krug. I'm still shaking my head at that loss. That one was disappointing.

Rangers 12-4 L16. 3/4 losses were on the road against good teams. This team should only get better as we get closer to the playoffs.

Calgary, Unless their GM gets creative at the trade deadline....not so much.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I have the 3rd taped Calg-STL, will have to see what happened cause I was really surprised they lost up 3-1 also, agree with Rangers thoughts. I agree Markstrom is not having a great year but perhaps the defense is not reliable as first thought cause I remember early wondering if this defense is reliable enough to go places. Thankfully I have more time for awhile to follow things so hopefully that transfers into better understanding and plays.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Best way to watch missed games. Sportsnet posts the condensed version after every game on their YouTube channel.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Sign in to the SmartYouTube app on your firestick, Subscribe to Sportsnet and TSN and they show up on your subscription feed less than 30 after the game ends. Every goal, good hit, and great save in every game all in under 10 minutes for each game. And. They are all ad-free in the SmartYouTube app. Best app on the Firestick or Firetv device. Also, what I'm seeing more and more these days are YouTubers handicapping every game on the night. Better than watching those Yahoos on VSIN. This is a good one I recently found but there are many.

puckhandler

EOG Dedicated
Nice season you got going Sharky. What you guys make of this Seattle team? Looks like they will take a playoff spot away from the Oilers or Flames. They keep cashing as road dogs on this long trip, wouldn’t be surprised if they snapped Bostons undefeated in regulation streak tonight.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Nice season you got going Sharky. What you guys make of this Seattle team? Looks like they will take a playoff spot away from the Oilers or Flames. They keep cashing as road dogs on this long trip, wouldn’t be surprised if they snapped Bostons undefeated in regulation streak tonight.
Almost remind you of Vegas’ initial season when they ran over everyone.

Bushay

NHL Expert
I haven't really eyeballed the wild card race in the West in a bit. Surprisingly the Avs sit 4 points out of a playoff spot with the season half over. Flames and Oil currently hold the 7th and 8th spots. I think the Avs will be one team that moves ahead of both teams. Well, Calgary anyways. They really fucked themselves with those off-season moves. Treliving always gets high praise for his moves in the past. I've always liked the Flames but have not been in his corner. They lost leadership in Tkachuk and Gaudreau too you could say and got none back in return. Doesn't help Markstrom has done nothing but suck ass this year. The Blues have injuries and should have a good 2nd half push for one of those 8 spots and Nashville was playing great winning 5 of 6 before dropping the last two in road losses in Toronto and Montreal tonight. Treliving needs to make a significant move at the deadline or this team could be on the outside looking in before they know it.

Bushay

NHL Expert
All my live plays are selective, but I'll be looking at Pittsburgh, NJ, and Edmonton tonight should they give up the first goal improving their odds tremendously.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I haven't really eyeballed the wild card race in the West in a bit. Surprisingly the Avs sit 4 points out of a playoff spot with the season half over. Flames and Oil currently hold the 7th and 8th spots. I think the Avs will be one team that moves ahead of both teams. Well, Calgary anyways. They really fucked themselves with those off-season moves. Treliving always gets high praise for his moves in the past. I've always liked the Flames but have not been in his corner. They lost leadership in Tkachuk and Gaudreau too you could say and got none back in return. Doesn't help Markstrom has done nothing but suck ass this year. The Blues have injuries and should have a good 2nd half push for one of those 8 spots and Nashville was playing great winning 5 of 6 before dropping the last two in road losses in Toronto and Montreal tonight. Treliving needs to make a significant move at the deadline or this team could be on the outside looking in before they know it.

The Avs must be struggling, they lost to Chicago last night.

Bushay

NHL Expert
The Avs must be struggling, they lost to Chicago last night.
Avs have been in a funk. It's likely Stanley Cup hangover a lot of it. Some injuries didn't help. Their captain Landeskog has been out all year and McKinnon just missed a stretch. Makar the best Dman in the entire league by far and he's just had a so-so 1st half. Landeskog is due back in a month. He'll slot in between MacKinnon and Rantanen and it will be business as usual. Like Dink used to always stress, when an NHL team loses a key player to injury. Often it affects every single line. They all will have new linemates to build new chemistry with.
https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNHL

Excluding players stuck on season-opening injured reserve NHL top 5, points in standings lost due to injured players and health protocols (Lost-ps metric, lost point shares due to injured players)
1 PHI 17.2 points lost
2 VEG 16.8
3 COL 14.5
4 TOR 14.4
5 WSH 12.0

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How many times has a team been 4 points out of the playoffs at the halfway point and still have the 2nd best odds to win the cup?
No doubt. Avs basically have owned the Hawks for a few years. I’m sure they will make a move or two and right the ship.

Pretty big matchup tonight between Toronto and Boston, hope its the HNIC game.

kane

EOG master
When was the last time a team won the president's cup and missed the playoffs the next year? Admittedly I'm not a big hockey guy, so maybe this happens more than I think, but the Panthers aren't anything close to the team they were last year

blueline

EOG Master
When was the last time a team won the president's cup and missed the playoffs the next year? Admittedly I'm not a big hockey guy, so maybe this happens more than I think, but the Panthers aren't anything close to the team they were last year

wikipedia :

three times in the history of the Presidents' Trophy has a team missed the playoffs the season after winning the award: the New York Rangers who won the Trophy in the 1991–92 season and missed the playoffs in 1992–93 (and then rebounded to win both the Presidents' Trophy and Stanley Cup in 1993–94); the Buffalo Sabres, who won the Trophy in the 2006–07 season and missed the playoffs in 2007–08 (in part because of a debacle in which the team lost both of its top stars to free agency); and the Boston Bruins, who won the Trophy in the 2013–14 season and missed the playoffs in 2014–15 despite having a winning record.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the history breakdown Blueline

I don't remember seeing a team have 6 goals on 7 shots lol, Kraken on roll for awhile now, taking a small play late

NJ-LA Over 6 -136 betregal 0.5 unit

25-14-2= +12.07 units

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Sign in to the SmartYouTube app on your firestick, Subscribe to Sportsnet and TSN and they show up on your subscription feed less than 30 after the game ends. Every goal, good hit, and great save in every game all in under 10 minutes for each game. And. They are all ad-free in the SmartYouTube app. Best app on the Firestick or Firetv device. Also, what I'm seeing more and more these days are YouTubers handicapping every game on the night. Better than watching those Yahoos on VSIN. This is a good one I recently found but there are many.

Very helpful thanks Bushay

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Funny Joseph brothers played each other recently in the Sens-Pens game and they each take a high sticking penalty for high sticking one another much to the delight of their parents in the stands and others close to the situation who were chuckling

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Tip of the hat to the Canucks 3 games in 4 days on the road, coming back from 2 and 3 goal deficits in different games I took above. Lost last 3 games taking a chunk out of the units.

25-17-2= +6.30