NBA 2022-23 Season Thread

Heim

EOG Master
At this point we can take the big man talk out of the conversation, he belongs right there with Stockton, Nash and Magic.

The best part of Jokers game is you never have to worry about any stat padding. He does whatever it takes to win. If your going to try and guard him with one guy he's going to score at will, bring two and he finds the open man. Leave him open at the 3 point line and he'll hit those try and guard him out there and he'll slowmo drive right around you. I don't know exactly how many near misses of triple doubles he has but I know he leads the league by a long shot in those too over the last 3 years.

You need to remove your Nugget gear, take down your David Thompson poster and come back down to earth.

Heim

EOG Master
If you look at L10. OKC is the 5th best team in the league, yet Bulls' money today.

Shows Bulls still a public team even less MJ.

Heim

EOG Master
GSW puts out a G League lineup and beats Cleveland.

Cavs slowly dropping to negative efficiency zone.

Heim

EOG Master
Laker center Bryant a hell of a pick up for veteran minimum.

His game reminds me a lot of former Laker Andrew Bynum, but with a better shot.

With Davis back soon, and Shroder adding spark, team looks like a play in team.

kane

EOG master
Laker center Bryant a hell of a pick up for veteran minimum.
He was deciding on where to sign between LA and Boston, he felt he would get more playing time in LA so that's where he went, more playing time yes, a better chance at winning a Chip, not even close

Heim

EOG Master
Wizards were really bothered with Hachumira scoring 30 the other night. They traded him to the Lakers for basically nothing.

Lakers starting to feel playoff waters

Heim

EOG Master
Looks like Lonzo Ball is out for the season. It kills Bulls guard depth. He had become a legit 3 point threat.

White still hit and miss off the bench.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like Lonzo Ball is out for the season. It kills Bulls guard depth. He had become a legit 3 point threat.

White still hit and miss off the bench.

The Bulls are poorly-constructed.

LaVine and DeRozan rarely help one another (or other teammates) to score.

Instead, they take turns going one-on-one.

Vucevic spends too much time around the 3-point arc and Patrick Williams defers to the aforementioned trio.

The rest of the roster is replacement-level talent.

Additionally, the reserves are the only players interested in defense.

Chicago's Big Three -- LaVine, DeRozan and "Vooch" -- are finesse players looking only to score.

Head coach Billy Donovan is a player's coach.

Awful.

Interesting note: Donovan is brilliant at providing postgame commentary and dissecting what transpired, but he's miserable at correcting mistakes or changing a team's bad habits for future games.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Golden Piss won 122-120 and the game went under. 242 points and under. If I was a bookmaker, I wouldn't post totals in the regular season. Obviously they have adjusted to no defense reality.

Heim

EOG Master
Lilliard had 60 last night, that's 17 plus 50 games before the AS break. Most since 62-63.

Jon from Oakland thought he'd never make it out of Weber.

Hall of Famer.

Heim

EOG Master
Yes Nets 2-6 since Durant went out, but looking at the numbers, they miss him more on defense, than offense.

On a side note, how on earth is Embiid not a AStar ⭐ starter?

kane

EOG master
On a side note, how on earth is Embiid not a AStar ⭐ starter?
Of course he deserves to be a starter, but who do you take off between Durant, Giannis, and Tatum? You have 4 deserving players, but only 3 spots, someone was going to get shafted

Heim

EOG Master
Of course he deserves to be a starter, but who do you take off between Durant, Giannis, and Tatum? You have 4 deserving players, but only 3 spots, someone was going to get shafted

Someone on twitter made a good point yesterday. The NBA has become positionless.....just take the 5 best players from each conference, starters.

Heim

EOG Master
NBA needs to change their challenge rule.

If a team successfully wins a challenge they should be able to keep it. Cost the Lakers the game tonight. James clearly fouled on last second drive to hoop in regulation.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Announcers said it can’t be challenged because there was no foul called. But yea he was clearly fouled & it was funny to see Pat Bev take the camera out to the ref to show him he was fouled. Yes he got a T to start the OT.

Heim

EOG Master
I can see why the Clippers are 8-21versus teams above .500. It's the Leonard and George isolation show when the chips are down. Zero movement.

They need a point guard that can penetrate and create for these guys. It's not Mann and definitely not Wall.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Bucks almost pulled it out for me but some missed shots & silly turnovers cost me. Why Powell did not touch the ball the last 2-3 minutes was baffling since he was scoring at will earlier in the quarter….

Heim

EOG Master
As amazing as Lilliard is from 3 point land, he's nowhere to be found for most made on any spot around the arc, but teammate Simons is.

Heim

EOG Master
Bucks almost pulled it out for me but some missed shots & silly turnovers cost me. Why Powell did not touch the ball the last 2-3 minutes was baffling since he was scoring at will earlier in the quarter….

I shake my head that Westbrook is favored to win the 6th man award. He was 2-16 yesterday in Indy. Powell lays over him. You want a spark off the bench, not a guy looking for triple double numbers.

kane

EOG master
I can see why the Clippers are 8-21versus teams above .500. It's the Leonard and George isolation show when the chips are down. Zero movement.

They need a point guard that can penetrate and create for these guys. It's not Mann and definitely not Wall.
Rumor has it Kawhi wants them to get a PG, the names I've heard are Kyle Lowry and FVV, both of whom he played with in Toronto, I know the Heat aren't actively shopping Lowry, but they'll listen to offers, he hasn't been good this season, in fact for the past several games he hasn't played in the fourth quarter, when the backup PG is getting all the fourth quarter minutes, that has to mean something

kane

EOG master
I shake my head that Westbrook is favored to win the 6th man award. He was 2-16 yesterday in Indy. Powell lays over him. You want a spark off the bench, not a guy looking for triple double numbers.
I would put Malcolm Brogdon ahead of either of them