NFL QB Market About To Explode....

We still don't know who the QB's will be for Carolina and Tampa, the division is wide open since there's no dominant team. Carr is good, but it's not like the guy's a savior, he was bad last year and he's always among the league leaders in turnovers, way too early to think any team is running away with the division, let's see what the rosters look like after the draft and free agency
It's too early for you but crystal clear to me. Carr will be a big upgrade over Dalton.

Heim

EOG Master
Geno Smith 3/105 is no surprise. He had a better year than Jones. With the numbers being thrown around for Jones, Seattle figured he was a bargain.

kane

EOG master
It's too early for you but crystal clear to me. Carr will be a big upgrade over Dalton.
Of course Carr is an upgrade, but that doesn't mean the Saints are running away with the division, we still don't know who the Panthers and Bucs QB's will be, there's free agency and the draft, I have no idea how you can form your opinion on the division based off the Saints signing Carr, who like I said before, is hardly a savior, the guy is pretty good, nothing more than that, and he's been a turnover machine his entire career

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Of course Carr is an upgrade, but that doesn't mean the Saints are running away with the division, we still don't know who the Panthers and Bucs QB's will be, there's free agency and the draft, I have no idea how you can form your opinion on the division based off the Saints signing Carr, who like I said before, is hardly a savior, the guy is pretty good, nothing more than that, and he's been a turnover machine his entire career
Good chance Michael Thomas is gone also, so they will need a WR to go along with a RB.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
With all the Saints love you'd think they just traded for Patrick Mahomes, I don't know how anyone looks at Derek Carr as a difference maker
Basically the tallest midget. He’s had some good weapons with not much to show. The Jay Cutler comparison is a good one.

Heim

EOG Master
DeShaun Watson and the Browns raised the bar, now everyone wants that type of guaranteed money. Main reason Ravens are going to have to franchise Jackson.

blueline

EOG Master
According to Lombardi it would drive gruden crazy when a play would break down ,carr was unable to create something from the chaos like other QBs can.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Think Lamar Jackson Will Get Tagged.

Only Question Is, Will It Be The EXCLUSIVE or The NON EXCLUSIVE.

I Would Give Him The NON EXCLUSIVE.

Let Him Negotiate With Other Teams.

If He Gets An Offer, And You Do Not Want To Match, You'll Get That Team's Next 2 # 1's Over The Next 2 Years.

Don't Let Him Eat Up A Majority Of Your Cap Space.

Then Go Find A QB In Free Agency, In The Draft, Or Thru A Trade.

The Cleveland Browns Created This Problem For Baltimore.

Giving De Shaun Watson 100% Guaranteed Money.

That's Exactly What They Did.

kane

EOG master
Your crystal clear upgrade has the second most turnovers in the league since 2014, think about how many QB's there have been the past nine years, only one of them has more turnovers than Carr

Last edited by a moderator:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Half the teams in the league need quarterbacks....Niners have a ton of cap space.....don't tell me they're going to rely on Mr. Irrelevant for a full season.
It would be Lance, Purdy won’t be ready. How many teams need a $50 Mil qb, especially if you’re gutting the future? I’m surprised TB isn’t mentioned more with Rodgers. They were a qb away from a real SB chance last year.

An interesting rumor I heard yesterday is that Stafford May retire if the arm doesn’t heal faster.

Heim

EOG Master
It would be Lance, Purdy won’t be ready. How many teams need a $50 Mil qb, especially if you’re gutting the future? I’m surprised TB isn’t mentioned more with Rodgers. They were a qb away from a real SB chance last year.

An interesting rumor I heard yesterday is that Stafford May retire if the arm doesn’t heal faster.

Re Jackson, it's water under the bridge now. Owners are taking a stand against guaranteed contracts. Call it collusion but doubt anything comes Jackson's way. Probably why they didn't mind risking losing him.

Valuist

EOG Master
I like what the Bears got.

Carolina's first rounder this year (pick 9), their second rounder this year, Carolina's number 1 next year. and their 2nd rounder in 2025. And DJ Moore, a needed upgrade at WR.

The downside? Bryce Young becomes a top 5 QB year in year out for the next decade.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Jones 4/160 is really rewarding him for what they think he can do. Not past performance.

Geez, if washed up Carr is worth 37.5 who's to say NYG thinking is wrong.

I like what the Bears got.

Carolina's first rounder this year (pick 9), their second rounder this year, Carolina's number 1 next year. and their 2nd rounder in 2025. And DJ Moore, a needed upgrade at WR.

The downside? Bryce Young becomes a top 5 QB year in year out for the next decade.
Bears made out like bandits.

Heim

EOG Master
I saw a stat that collectively, Saints quarterbacks had better numbers than Carr last season. Granted Carr didn't play last 2. However, big upgrade might be a illusion.

Heim

EOG Master
Hurts reportedly ready to sign 255 mil deal. 179m guaranteed.

For a guy who had to transfer in college because he would be a backup.... he's come a long way 👏