2023 MLB

MrTop

EOG Master
mookie betts playing SS.. a good fielder for sure.. 3 times a player in the history of MLB played all positions in the same game.

1st time was cesar tovar... honestly i did not know it happened again.... i did remember caesar tovar who played many moons ago
2nd
3rd

a little trivia for ya

kane

EOG master
Not positive, but I believe Mookie came up as a second baseman for the Sox, then converted to the outfield

Valuist

EOG Master
mookie betts playing SS.. a good fielder for sure.. 3 times a player in the history of MLB played all positions in the same game.

1st time was cesar tovar... honestly i did not know it happened again.... i did remember caesar tovar who played many moons ago
2nd
3rd

a little trivia for ya

Bert Campaneris

Valuist

EOG Master
So the Twins extended Pablo Lopez 4 years $72.5 million last Friday.

Being a non domed team in the coldest climate in MLB, one would think they would've done some due diligence on Lopez, a native of Venezuela who has pitched his entire career with Miami. Lopez had never made a start in sub 50 degree weather.....until Saturday when it was 40. While the cold usually favors the pitcher, there are some who say they don't get a good grip when its cold. Whatever the reason, Lopez first start after the contract went poorly; 4 innings, 8 hits, 5 earned runs and a game score of 30 while absorbing the loss.

MrTop

EOG Master
SF shortstop crawford has lost a step or hurt.. At 36 y/o he does not look good. Horrible in the field and at bat.

Valuist

EOG Master
The narrative before the season was:

Both the AL Central and NL Central are terrible. Play against at all costs.

Correct on the AL Central. Incorrect on the NL Central.

MrTop

EOG Master
The narrative before the season was:

Both the AL Central and NL Central are terrible. Play against at all costs.

Correct on the AL Central. Incorrect on the NL Central.

yep cubs , pirates and brewers look good so far. Pirates getting good pitching ..how is that possible

Valuist

EOG Master
yep cubs , pirates and brewers look good so far. Pirates getting good pitching ..how is that possible

Yes, the Reds are bad but how about the last 2 days? Overcome a 4 run and 6 run deficit. Likely says more about the Texas bullpen than anything. Note to self: keep Texas bets to F5.

MrTop

EOG Master
last couple of years he pitched ok... does give up some long balls.. seattle was counting on him and he was a lefty

kane

EOG master
Took a flyer on the O's to win the WS +5500, not expecting this one to hit, but you never know

Valuist

EOG Master
Zac Gallen's last 4 starts:
innings: 27
earned runs allowed: 0
hits allowed: 11
strikeouts: 41
walks: 1
record: 4-0
game scores (Fangraphs): 85, 83, 89, 82

kane

EOG master
Zac Gallen's last 4 starts:
innings: 27
earned runs allowed: 0
hits allowed: 11
strikeouts: 41
walks: 1
record: 4-0
game scores (Fangraphs): 85, 83, 89, 82
The Cardinals traded Gallen and Sandy Alcantara to the Marlins for Marcell Ozuna, the Marlins traded Gallen to Arizona for Jazz Chisholm, this is a trade the Cards would like to have back

Valuist

EOG Master
I didn't know Gallen was a part of that St Louis trade. The Cardinals also traded Arozarena to Tampa sometime around then. But it hasn't all been one sided. The Arenado trade looks like a steal.

The Mexico City game should be interesting. At BetMGM, the over on Tatis 0.5 home runs is just +115. Insane. Game total of 15 1/2 but at 7350 feet, have to think most breaking pitches are going to hang. I took Manaea under 3.5 strikeouts. A flyballer like him doesn't figure to last long in a game in that kind of elevation.

kane

EOG master
The Cubs are 15-13, they have a run differential of +47, which is second best in the NL, behind only the Pirates

The Marlins are 16-13, they have a run differential of -35, which is second worst in the NL, ahead of only the Rockies

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Cubs are 15-13, they have a run differential of +47, which is second best in the NL, behind only the Pirates

The Marlins are 16-13, they have a run differential of -35, which is second worst in the NL, ahead of only the Rockies
Cubs rarely play well in Mia,i. Lost 3-one run games and has 24 LOB in the series.

Valuist

EOG Master
Just saw this on MLB Network:

Oakland A's starting pitchers thru 29 games:

record: 0-15
ERA: 8.51

29 games to start a season without a win by a starting pitcher is a record.

Valuist

EOG Master
2-0 fading Tampa this season and going to the well a 3rd time. Bullpen day for the Rays and Cole going for the Yanks. Historically, the Rays hitters have awful numbers against Cole.

Valuist

EOG Master
For supposedly one of the top organizations in pro sports, right now they seem to be messed up. This whole Contreras thing is crazy. Give up on a guy after 30 games?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
the kid 2nd baseman horner not in lineup for cubs tonight. Tough to bet cubs without him
He tweaked his hamstring two nights ago. I played them with Steele, but it doesnt look good. Cubs don't have enough big bats in the middle of the order. Suzuki needs to bat 6-7th.