Embarrassing....

Heim

EOG Master
Less a injury, I've never seen a full game starter replaced by a backup for a potential game winning drive.

Bellichick has really screwed up Jones' confidence. It almost seems certain Bellichick will be gone next season.

kane

EOG master
Less a injury, I've never seen a full game starter replaced by a backup for a potential game winning drive.
During Tua's rookie season Bryan Flores pulled him midway in the fourth quarter when Miami trailed by three

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores pulled rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in a close game against the Las Vegas Raiders on Saturday night, going back to Ryan Fitzpatrick with 9:47 remaining in the fourth quarter with Miami trailing, 16-13.

kane

EOG master
Dell, I'm not ignoring you, I'm choosing to not interact with you, there's a difference, you can troll all you want, I don't care

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Bellichick has really screwed up Jones' confidence. It almost seems certain Bellichick will be gone next season.
Not sure which INT was worse, Jones or Zappe’s.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Gardner Minshew, on the other hand, looked okay today.

Unlike Mac Jones, Minshew clearly is an overachiever.

I like the way he moves his feet in the pocket to buy himself more time to throw downfield.

Love quarterbacks who scramble to pass instead of scrambling to simply scramble.

And how about Indy head coach Shane Steichen?

About 15-20 years ago, I remember him well as a UNLV quarterback who struggled just about every Saturday.

Steichen improved to 5-5 today as an NFL head coach at the age of 38.

He's really an offensive coordinator disguised as a head coach.

Indianapolis today displayed one of my favorite body language angles in football: I love when offensive and defensive players root for one another from the sidelines.

That's the sign of a connected team.

Kudos to Shane Steichen.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Gardner Minshew, on the hand, looked okay today.

Unlike Mac Jones, Minshew clearly is an overachiever.

I like the way he moves his feet in the pocket to buy himself more time.

Love quarterbacks who scramble to pass instead of scrambling to simply scramble.

And how about Indy head coach Shane Steichen?

About 15-20 years ago, I remember him well as a UNLV quarterback who struggled just about every Saturday.

Steichen improved to 5-5 today as an NFL head coach at the age of 38.

He's really an offensive coordinator disguised as a head coach.

Indianapolis today displayed one of my favorite body language angles in football: I love when offensive and defensive players root for one another from the sidelines.

That's the sign of a connected team.

Kudos to Shane Steichen.

I used to think Minshew was one of the top backups. He hasn't been very good this year. 84 QB rating, 172 pass yards, 8 TD/6 INT. That 27 points vs Carolina was fraudulent as one DB had 2 pick 6s. He wasn't very good yesterday in Germany either.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I used to think Minshew was one of the top backups. He hasn't been very good this year. 84 QB rating, 172 pass yards, 8 TD/6 INT. That 27 points vs Carolina was fraudulent as one DB had 2 pick 6s. He wasn't very good yesterday in Germany either.

But he is white and short…should count for something according to Railbird

I can't name 5 backups I'd rather have.
Minshew is a career backup…always was and always will be…
He signed with the Colts to be their backup. He's doing exactly that.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Gardner Minshew was the 178th player selected in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Mac Jones was the 15th pick in 2021.

I prefer Minshew.