NFL Week 17

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Since homedog isn't moderator here, I will make one post to note the Russy sit down is an example that the season is too long and it must be the money. We have the Broncos tanking while still alive for the playoffs. howid will the Broncos fansonly feel if KC loses last 2? raiders will go to the playoffs. Broncos will go homedog.

Valuist

EOG Master
Was just listening to a podcast and the host is just railing on Desmond Ridder. "I told everyone he wasn't a first round draft choice. Why did Atlanta waste a first round pick on him?

One problem; Ridder wasn't a first round pick. Oops.

blueline

EOG Master
The NFL’s owners voted this week to play eight games a year outside the United States, starting in 2025. But one owner spoke against the measure.

Bears owner George McCaskey was the lone dissenting voice in a 31-1 vote, according to Jonathan Jones of CBS.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The Super Show will be played in London or another country if it hasn't already been scheduled. Perhaps permanently offshore.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't believe in 'must' wins, but the Rams are almost assured of a playoff spot with a win over NYG. I would think
the early money on Giants has to do with Tyrod starting rather than Jersey boy...

Valuist

EOG Master
In the Thursday nighter, we have a total now under 35 with a spread of 7 1/2. The 7 1/2 seems a bit too high, IMO. Cleveland cannot run the ball at all, and the strength of the Jets D is their pass defense.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The NFL’s owners voted this week to play eight games a year outside the United States, starting in 2025. But one owner spoke against the measure.

Bears owner George McCaskey was the lone dissenting voice in a 31-1 vote, according to Jonathan Jones of CBS.
Good for the McCaskeys.

parlayed both QBs to throw a INT tonight +130. Each QB is closing in on -200 to throw one. Also played B Hall and Cooper over on recs , each over 4.5. Simeon likes to check down a lot, and Flacco will force it to cooper since they can’t run.

ATL-CHI looks like a big under. Can’t take Atl outside in Dec, so I’ll just play the total.

Valuist

EOG Master
Good for the McCaskeys.

parlayed both QBs to throw a INT tonight +130. Each QB is closing in on -200 to throw one. Also played B Hall and Cooper over on recs , each over 4.5. Simeon likes to check down a lot, and Flacco will force it to cooper since they can’t run.

ATL-CHI looks like a big under. Can’t take Atl outside in Dec, so I’ll just play the total.

I have to keep rolling with the Bears. It's a cash or push every week, and I don't see it stopping this week. Any time a team beats an AFC or NFC South team, have to really question what they beat. Those two divisions are hot garbage.

As for tonight, I think the entire Browns team is on the injury report. Special teams could be interesting with both a new kicker and punter.

Valuist

EOG Master
So the Jets had Flacco last year. After Rodgers got hurt in week 1, Flacco was out there for anyone to take. But no “we’re good with Trash Wilson”, basically trying to justify their terrible decision drafting Wilson too high. That is firable; no way should the GM survive that.

Valuist

EOG Master
Amazon spotlighted Myles Garrett for around 6 straight plays. He was being held on every one of those 6. None were called.

Valuist

EOG Master
Due to a scheduling oddity, New Orleans will be playing their first outdoors game since October 8th. And prior to their last game, here's a recent list of QBs faced: DeVito, Bryce Young, Desmond Ridder, Josh Dobbs and Tyson Bagent,. Of those 5 QBs listed, only Bryce Young will be starting this week. Whatever their defensive stats say, they are fraudulent. If the so-called sharp money likes the Saints, they can have them. I will be with the squares and Baker.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Due to a scheduling oddity, New Orleans will be playing their first outdoors game since October 8th. And prior to their last game, here's a recent list of QBs faced: DeVito, Bryce Young, Desmond Ridder, Josh Dobbs and Tyson Bagent,. Of those 5 QBs listed, only Bryce Young will be starting this week. Whatever their defensive stats say, they are fraudulent. If the so-called sharp money likes the Saints, they can have them. I will be with the squares and Baker.
And they are still mediocre, thanks to Carr.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Since homedog isn't moderator here, I will make one post to note the Russy sit down is an example that the season is too long and it must be the money. We have the Broncos tanking while still alive for the playoffs. howid will the Broncos fansonly feel if KC loses last 2? raiders will go to the playoffs. Broncos will go homedog.
Is it worth the 5% chance now? Belichick's final act was playing the likely spoiler putting out Denvers faint chances.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That game becomes very suspicious. Broncos bigs needed the Patriots upset and they got it. This rigged silly league is exhausting.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Good on Russy refusing to be cooperative and stay Real Quiet. He's calmly telling us exactly what went low down.

Heim

EOG Master
The Rams side is almost knee jerk. Win and they're most likely in. Why little movement?

The last time in NJ they lost outright....

Valuist

EOG Master
Achane of Miami entered today averaging 8.1 yards/rush. This has to be a record, if he has enough attempts to qualify.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Pats for a shot at a walkoff. Buffalo laying 2 TDs just terrible. Most overrated team this year (head coach, QB who continues to take steps back, and defense), who only knows howbto shoot themselves in the foot.

Making this look like a Brady-led Pats

Heim

EOG Master
The Rams side is almost knee jerk. Win and they're most likely in. Why little movement?

The last time in NJ they lost outright....

To say Rams survive is a understatement.

East Coast mob must have had Ram ML

Valuist

EOG Master
O'Connell is NOT a good coach. Dobbs may have some flaws, but the team played better for him than these other two stiffs (Mullens and Hall). "They fit O'Connell's system better than Dobbs". Really, that sounds to me like a coach who's too stubborn to adapt to the players he has.

kane

EOG master
O'Connell is NOT a good coach. Dobbs may have some flaws, but the team played better for him than these other two stiffs (Mullens and Hall). "They fit O'Connell's system better than Dobbs". Really, that sounds to me like a coach who's too stubborn to adapt to the players he has.
The guy had three options without Cousins, the problem is none of the three are NFL quality QB's, after Cousins went down all three bums had a chance, and all three ultimately failed, I don't know who the Vikings QB will be next year, I know it won't be Dobbs, Mullens, or Hall. I respect your NFL opinions, but Josh Dobbs wasn't the answer. The moral of the story is, go out and sign a veteran legitimate backup QB, a guy like Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater, someone who is at least competent

blueline

EOG Master
The guy had three options without Cousins, the problem is none of the three are NFL quality QB's, after Cousins went down all three bums had a chance, and all three ultimately failed, I don't know who the Vikings QB will be next year, I know it won't be Dobbs, Mullens, or Hall. I respect your NFL opinions, but Josh Dobbs wasn't the answer. The moral of the story is, go out and sign a veteran legitimate backup QB, a guy like Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater, someone who is at least competent

from those who know what theyre looking at more than me ( just about everyone) and break down tape Dobbs was a one-read QB....that is not sustainable week after week in the nfl

kane

EOG master
The Colts had a legitimate backup in Minshew, he played well enough to save their season, if their backup was named Dobbs, Trubisky, or PJ Walker, they would be a 4 win team

kane

EOG master
Watching Flacco save the Browns, it makes you wonder how the Jets season would have turned out had they given him a call instead of pinning their hopes on the combo of Wilson/Simien, I know Flacco the statue playing behind that line might have gotten him killed, but you see how teams like Indy and Cleveland had their seasons saved by having competent backups

Valuist

EOG Master
from those who know what theyre looking at more than me ( just about everyone) and break down tape Dobbs was a one-read QB....that is not sustainable week after week in the nfl
Dobbs has one skill; he can run. Mullens and Hall don’t have any.