Which NFL Team Landed The Biggest Free Agent This 2006 Offseason?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
jakethompson said:
Steve Hutchinson to Minnesota is the biggest signing. It's not as flashy as TO or Culpepper but will produce better results. TO and Culpepper behind a horrible offensive line would not be any good.

Hutchinson alongside Birk and McKinnie.....with Richardson blocking for Taylor.....

Makes for a good ground game.

The salary cap ramifications of the Hutchinson may be felt for many years to come, and not just in Minnesota. Great player, but not at those terms. Really sets a bad trend.

The worst signing easily was Michael Bennett by the Saints.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Willy Loman said:
I think Brees will have the most impact.
'

Probablyt won't hurt having Reggie Bush & Deuce McAllister running behind him & coming out of the backfield either.......:eek:

Thing with McAllister's type of injury is it usually takes a full year to recover, espically playing on turf. Don't really know many that could do it. In recent years, Edge and Jamal Lewis really struggled the first year back.

Hache Man

Javon Walker to the Broncos could be huge as well.

Ashley Lelie just isn't a consistent go-to receiver like he wants to be or thinks he is.

We know Denver's running game is strong, but there were times Jake Plummer simply couldn't find anyone to throw to......

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
Although on paper, TO looks to be the top choice, you just never can tell what's going to happen with him. I expect him to be a good boy under Parcells his first year, and we all know that Bill won't put up with any nonsense. But what if the Cowboys start off 4-0, and TO starts some locker room nonsense and the Cowboys lose 3 in a row. What good will he be for the team?

And that's what I feel it all boils down to....what a player is going to do for his team. You can't help but think that the Ravens with their aquiring McNair must be jumping for joy. I mean they finally have a QB that they can put their trust and confidence in, instead of doubts. We all know what their defense can do, and I can't help but think they are going to get nothing but BETTER with McNair in there to keep their defense OFF the field!

Same thing with the Dolphins and Culpepper if he heals right. And who kows how much Drew "Cool" Brees will mean to the Saints with Bush. You might laugh, but how about Kurt Warner? He has those sizzling receivers back in the fold, and a great running back in James. Am I wrong, or did Martz sign up as offensive co. With Green running the show instead of Martz, you could see the old Rams explosiveness on the field. Sure you're going to point to the offensiveless line, but even Plummer had some amazing comebacks with this team.

As far as Arrington goes, he'll have something to prove in a conference that he's played in before. Giants already have a good defensive line with Strahan and that other guy whose name I refuse to spell. NFC East might have the best conference in the league. Giants, Eagles, Skins and Cowboys will be in a shootout to see who wins the East. Do you think 4 teams could wind up 8-8?

stuckinvegas said:
And that's what I feel it all boils down to....what a player is going to do for his team. You can't help but think that the Ravens with their aquiring McNair must be jumping for joy. I mean they finally have a QB that they can put their trust and confidence in, instead of doubts. We all know what their defense can do, and I can't help but think they are going to get nothing but BETTER with McNair in there to keep their defense OFF the field!

:+thumbs-2

dont Forget Mike Anderson to Ravens as well

Hache Man

Re: Which NFL Team Landed The Biggest Free Agent This Offseason?

Since this was posted over 6 months ago thought we would look back & see if some of these guys have lived up to expectations........

roach23

Banned

best moves in the offseason

washington locking up Greg Williams
washington bringing in Al Saunders.

easily the best staff in the league and now we have the WRs to make saunders offense whoop the crap out of the POS Ds in our division.

Gmen :+textinb3

dallas :+textinb3

and then philly isnt even really a football team. no super bowls ever and their best WR wouldnt start in the for texas AM, much less any other NFL team. its amazing to have a team pass 75% of the time with no WRs. sick gameplans.

:+textinb3

this is fun to look back on. That Skins offense is NASTY with Al Saunders. Good signing :+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

I think Brees will have the most impact.
Nice call Willy. I think there is no doubt this was in fact the best and most impactful FA signing