THIRTY-SEVEN Children killed in latest Israeli Bombing Mission!!

NEWS - Comcast.net

Dozens Killed, Hurt in Israeli Airstrike

By KATHY GANNON, Associated Press Writer

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(getElapsed("20060730T112705Z"));</script>58 minutes ago<noscript>UPDATED 43 MINUTES AGO</noscript>
QANA, Lebanon - An Israeli airstrike killed at least 50 people _ more than half children _ in a southern Lebanese village Sunday, the deadliest attack in 19 days of fighting. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice postponed a visit to Lebanon in a setback for diplomatic efforts to end hostilities.
Infuriated Lebanese officials said they had asked Rice to postpone the visit after Israel's missile strike. But Rice said she called Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora to say she would postpone the trip, and that she had work to do in Jerusalem to end the fighting.
The missiles destroyed several homes in the village of Qana as people were sleeping. Rescue officials said at least 50 people were killed, and the bodies of 27 children were found in the rubble.

That number has now been updated to 37!!!!

Seems a bit heartless 2 me!!

Seems a bit heartless 2 me!!

Between this shit and the oil spills, we need to at least endorse alternatives to the air-strikes!! Obviously, Israel's "precision weapons" aren't working!! Or, the people operating them either:
1) Don't know what the fuck they're doing. Or:
2) Know full-well what the fuck they're doing and don't care??

This kind of shit just don't cut it!!

Just found out that they have laser-guided systems (AS I WAS WRITING THIS!!), so it would seem explanation #2 is the corrext answer, Alex!!
What is "They don't give a fuck about collateral damag!!"

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
wow ... and if one thought Israel was popular in the Arab community get ready for the Rhetoric from Iran to flow intensly

Anyone waiting to turn on CNN or MSNBC and get word that Syria is now
involved?

YUNGBUCK said:
You truly are a heartless piece of shit, Hoffa!! Congratulations!
Far from heartless Buck. I am a father myself and of course bemoan the loss of life, especially children.

However I am pragmatic. Two points here:

1. U.N. resolution 1551 was never enforced by the U.N. members to rid Hezbollah from Lebanon, this would not be happening if it was.

2. The kidnapping of the 2 Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah predicated this entire matter.

Hezbollah and by proxy Syria and Iran wanted this, now they have it and don't like it. Return the soldiers unharmed and the Israeli guns will fall quiet.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Seniora, who furiously called for his regional ?Muslim brethren to stand united in the face of the <st1:personName>Israel</st1:personName>i war criminals??an apparent call for military intervention. <o:p></o:p>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
several <st1:personName>Israel</st1:personName>i analysts say the Sunni politician is apparently hoping, along with Hizbullah Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, that Syria might open up a second warfront on the disputed Golan Heights

=================================================================

Al Jazeera and other Arab media outlets have been carrying similar calls for Muslim military intervention today, possibly giving the Syrian-Iranian axis the excuse it seems to be seeking to jump directly into the deepening conflict

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
the Lebanese government said that American Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was not welcome to come to their capital city

==========================================================

As the regional furor grows over the Qana disaster, fierce ground clashes were again reported today at several other locations near the Lebanese border with <st1:country-region><st1:place><st1:personName>Israel

==================================================================

</st1:personName></st1:place></st1:country-region>
analysts say that Sheik Nasrallah, who is believed to be hiding inside the Iranian embassy in Beirut, will probably wait a few days to unleash his largest guns in order to maximize the political capital he has apparently earned inside Lebanon and around the Muslim world for his successful policy of deliberately waging his jihad war against ?the Zionist entity? from south Lebanese civilian centers

=================================================================

only four days away from the darkest day on the annual Hebrew calendar, the fast of Tisha b?Av, which begins at sundown on Wednesday. It marks various disasters that have befallen the Jewish people on that very date, including the Babylonian and Roman destructions of the ancient Jewish temples and the expulsion of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Spain</st1:place></st1:country-region>?s large Jewish community in 1492, ordered on that date

The Devil

EOG Master
I have to agree with Hoffa here, you hide terrorists in your house you have to expect to pay the price......Seems like the Lebanese started this now they want help......

ynot

EOG Dedicated
Swampland for sale come and get it. This property is has been approved by CNN,MSNBC, FOX. and all of the other branches of the polit-boro.

dirty

EOG Master
HOffa is dead on....he is not Heartless.... Bottom line is they know how to end this conflict.....the Tugass's just will not do it...

this will be bring a cease fire as israel cannot afford to defend such large numbers of casualties. plus, israel has done its job in teaching hezbollah what will happen if it continues to attack israel.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese protesters broke into the United Nations headquarters in Beirut on Sunday, smashing windows and ransacking offices, after an Israeli air strike killed at least 40 people in south Lebanon.
Several thousand people massed outside the building in downtown Beirut chanting "Death to Israel, death to America. We sacrifice our blood and souls for Lebanon."

CALLS TO ATTACK TEL AVIV

Demonstrators tore down a United Nations flag outside the building and ripped it to shreds and called on Hizbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah to launch rocket attacks on Tel Aviv. "Oh Nasrallah, oh our cherished one, destroy, destroy Tel Aviv," they chanted.

140 rockets hammer North on Sunday

By JPOST.COM STAFF AND YAAKOV KATZ

<table style="padding: 5px 0px 0px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="17">
</td><td> </td><td width="17">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Since early morning Sunday, a total of 140 rockets have rained down on northern cities, including Nahariya, Kiryat Shmona, and Acre. Eight people were wounded over the course of the morning, one moderately and seven lightly. Some 29 people suffered from shock.

dirty

EOG Master
IDENTITY said:
this will be bring a cease fire as israel cannot afford to defend such large numbers of casualties. plus, israel has done its job in teaching hezbollah what will happen if it continues to attack israel.

That is totally False....Hezbollah will never learn their lesson when it comes to Jews, as they will not stop until Either the Jews are all Dead or they are all dead...whichever one comes first...This conflict did not just start 10 days ago...

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Dirty is right ... any concessions by Israel is nothing more than a chance for Hezbollah and Hamas to reload

Hamas' charter calls for the complete destruction of Israel as a state and Hezbollah is trained by the Iranian Republican Guard

In her t?te-?-t?te Saturday night in Jerusalem with prime minister Ehud Olmert, the US secretary of state is reported by DEBKAfile?s sources as proposing a multinational force for south Lebanon hinging on an armed French force to work with Lebanese troops. They are to deploy along Lebanon?s borders with Israel and Syria, forming a buffer against the entry of armed militias to the border region. The deal includes the release of the two Israeli soldiers kidnapped by Hizballah. Among Israeli concessions are a prisoner swap and the handover of the Shabaa Farms and Mt. Dov to international control.
Saturday night, July 29, after the Jerusalem conversation, France released the draft to be presented to the UN Security Council Wednesday calling for an immediate ceasefire and the deployment of a multinational force under UN aegis. The text states the resolution is subject to the approval of ?both parties? without specifying whether the second side is the Lebanese government or Hizballah.
DEBKAfile notes: France has a highly-developed relationship with Hizballah. French diplomats in Beirut have maintained contacts with Hizballah leaders close to Hassan Nasrallah in the last two week of fighting. In 2004, President Jacques Chirac invited Nasrallah to a conference of Francophone Arab leaders. They shook hands and the Hizballah leader was seated beside the French president at the top table. France may well have obtained prior Hizballah consent to its draft.
In Jerusalem, Rice was assigned with clinching Israeli concessions, which reportedly include:
1. Release of Lebanese prisoner in return for Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev. The argument is still ahead on the exact definition of ?Lebanese prisoners.? defined.
2. Withdrawal of Israeli positions from the Shebaa Farms and the Mt. Hermon and Mt. Dov slopes and passes for the handover of these strategic points to the multinational force. This would give Nasrallah, who has been fighting to achieve this end for six years, his greatest triumph and give Syria and the Palestinians an object lesson on the application of brute force to obtain results.
3. Israel no longer presses for the disarming of Hizballah. That too is left to the ?international community.?
In other words, just as Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert handed over the Gaza-Egyptian border terminals to a European unit in 2005 to expedite the pull-out from the Gaza Strip, so too is Olmert again entrusting to a foreign force the Israel-Lebanese border and the security of northern Israel - with the Shebaa Farms thrown in as an extra. This result lets Nasrallah come out on top after provoking a full-scale war and provides a boost for all the forces of fundamentalist Islamic terror waging war on the West. It is also the outcome of the Israeli army?s unfortunate failure to break the back of Hizballah in 18 days of combat.

ynot

EOG Dedicated
YUNGBUCK said:
Between this shit and the oil spills, we need to at least endorse alternatives to the air-strikes!! Obviously, Israel's "precision weapons" aren't working!! Or, the people operating them either:
1) Don't know what the fuck they're doing. Or:
2) Know full-well what the fuck they're doing and don't care??

This kind of shit just don't cut it!!

Just found out that they have laser-guided systems (AS I WAS WRITING THIS!!), so it would seem explanation #2 is the corrext answer, Alex!!
What is "They don't give a fuck about collateral damag!!"

I'm going with #2. It's kind of like sports betting you have a 50% chance of being right.

On a more serious note, I don't see alot of sympathy (in the replys) for the 37 innocent children who were murdered. (see options #1 and #2 above and note the additional info)

Sad, Sad, Sad....

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated
Just seen on the news that the IDF is showing a video showing proof of a Katusha rocket being fired from behind a four-story building in Lebanon. In the way Hezbollah has hidden their weapons in homes and public buildings of course there's going to be collateral damage. Hezbollah has puposely hidden their weapons there so Isreal can strike on innocent Lebonese to stur and up anti-Isreali sentiment by the majority of the Lebonese and the entire Muslim population.

Isreal has apologized for the killings of 50 people in that building, especially the children. There is always going to be innocents killed in a war like this. It has been proven in most all previous wars. Sad but true. Just reality.

The Devil said:
I have to agree with Hoffa here, you hide terrorists in your house you have to expect to pay the price......Seems like the Lebanese started this now they want help......

Does Lebanon denounce Hezbolah, or are they powerless to keep them from putting a stranglehold on the situation? Did anybody (Israel, US, etc.) ever bother to find out an answer to that queation? (Again, no extra sarcasm intended, I just really don't know about that aspect of the situation).

The Devil

EOG Master
DOC, PEOPLE WILL BELIVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.......MUSLIM/TERRORISTS WILL BLAME ISREAL AND THE U.S WHILE MODERATE COUNTRIES WILL BE DIVIDED......

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
If they dont have the powr to do it(or if they ever really intended to) they should have asked for help. Maybe Syria and Iran didnt let Lebanon go to the UN for help because of their influences, either way they are the one who allowed this to happen.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Jew + Arab = Violence and plenty of it

No peace will come in our lifetime with this "Roadmap to Peace" should be renamed the "Roadmap to Destruction"

The Devil

EOG Master
YUNGBUCK said:
Does Lebanon denounce Hezbolah, or are they powerless to keep them from putting a stranglehold on the situation? Did anybody (Israel, US, etc.) ever bother to find out an answer to that queation? (Again, no extra sarcasm intended, I just really don't know about that aspect of the situation).

THEY ARE POWERLESS YUNG THE WAY THEIR PARLIMENT IS SETUP......NOT A THING THEIR GOVERNMENT CAN DO.......UNLESS THEY REWRITE THEIR CONSTITUTION.......

The Devil said:
THEY ARE POWERLESS YUNG THE WAY THEIR PARLIMENT IS SETUP......NOT A THING THEIR GOVERNMENT CAN DO.......UNLESS THEY REWRITE THEIR CONSTITUTION.......

Devil,
Are they powerless and they don't want to do anything about the Hezbolla, or are they powerless and wish to remove them, but can't? Do they willingly let those guys participate in their government? Hezbollah has a delegation to the Lebanese government, correct?

The Devil said:
Originally Posted by The Devil
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

YUNGBUCK said:
Devil,
Are they powerless and they don't want to do anything about the Hezbolla, or are they powerless and wish to remove them, but can't? Do they willingly let those guys participate in their government? Hezbollah has a delegation to the Lebanese government, correct?

Damn there's a lot of posting goin' on. Anybody know about this last post I made?!? I got bumped halfway down the page in about 30 seconds, and I know it will get ignored!!

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
They might want to do something about it but their people dont so they are kind of stuck. combine that with the massive number of palestinian refugees that are reproducing at a 3-1 rate compared with the Lebanese and that means they are pretty much powerless to stop these thugs who are firmly rooted in social services in every town they are in. That why the people love them so much because they buy their hearts with food and medicine they get from Iran and Syria. Hezbollah has a few seats that they won after they had democratic election a few yrs back

andrew748

Banned
I am curious,

how does an unarmed person stop a heavily armed group of individuals from using their home as a launch pad?

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
andrew748 said:
I am curious,

how does an unarmed person stop a heavily armed group of individuals from using their home as a launch pad?
Not really much you can do but get your fam. the hell out of there.

dirty said:
Here we go TB

Politics of Lebanon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically it is Law that the government is Split Christian/Muslim....the link above explains it

Thanks Dirt!

Bettor Days said:
They might want to do something about it but their people dont so they are kind of stuck. combine that with the massive number of palestinian refugees that are reproducing at a 3-1 rate compared with the Lebanese and that means they are pretty much powerless to stop these thugs who are firmly rooted in social services in every town they are in. That why the people love them so much because they buy their hearts with food and medicine they get from Iran and Syria. Hezbollah has a few seats that they won after they had democratic election a few yrs back

Then it seems to me that we should help the Lebanese government! We should study the probability of an insurgency first (FOR SURE); due to the Pablo Escobar-esque actions of Hezbollah that you described! And then, if all checks out, we should liberate that country from these terrorists (If that's what they desire)!! If not, then they are most assuredly bringing this wrath on their own people, I'd say!!

andrew748

Banned
it's not rocket science really.

which would you prefer;

to go about your daily business or to be in the middle of a shit storm?

The Devil

EOG Master
YUNGBUCK said:
Devil,

Sorry didn't get to read what Dirty posted but my understanding is their Parliment is set up 50% Christian and 50% Muslim.......the Muslim 50% is split down the middle half Shia and half Sunni.......so they can't get rid of the Shia......which is mostly Hezbullah....

From what Dirt sent me, I would think that all the Government would have to do would be to have the Christians ally with the Sunni's and other, smaller Muslim represented groups (amounts to 10 Representatives among these groups), and they could aust these thugs from whatever legitimate claim they have to Lebanon's REAL government!! There are 128 Total representatives of which 1/4 are Shiite Muslim. It is also written in the material that the Shia have succesfully gerrymandered the voting districts to the advantage of Hezbollah. I see no reason why, if the people so wish, that the legit 3/4 of the government couldn't outmatch them!!
If the Lebanese government were to legitimize themself, at the request of their people, then they would suddenly become an occupied country, so tyo speak, by the Hezbollah! Then, a ground force should/could be assembled to run those bastards out of there! This would, of course, be pending an investigation of the probability of an insurgency!!

There!: I just solved the whole conflict in one paragraph!!LOL
Pretty good, huh Dev!?!?

YUNGBUCK said:
From what Dirt sent me, I would think that all the Government would have to do would be to have the Christians ally with the Sunni's and other, smaller Muslim represented groups (amounts to 10 Representatives among these groups), and they could aust these thugs from whatever legitimate claim they have to Lebanon's REAL government!! There are 128 Total representatives of which 1/4 are Shiite Muslim. It is also written in the material that the Shia have succesfully gerrymandered the voting districts to the advantage of Hezbollah. I see no reason why, if the people so wish, that the legit 3/4 of the government couldn't outmatch them!!
If the Lebanese government were to legitimize themself, at the request of their people, then they would suddenly become an occupied country, so tyo speak, by the Hezbollah! Then, a ground force should/could be assembled to run those bastards out of there! This would, of course, be pending an investigation of the probability of an insurgency!!

There!: I just solved the whole conflict in one paragraph!!LOL
Pretty good, huh Dev!?!?

Doc,
Sound OK to you??