How to avoid streaks?

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
Does anybody else have this same problem... Streaks in poker, both bad and good. This has happened to me so often wanted to see if anybody else goes through the same thing. on i mostly play $20-30 SNG's, Sometimes i go throuhg a 10 game streak where Im really playing well maybe 3 first, 2, seconds and a third. I take a day off or so, come back and I go through another streak where I think im playing well but its 5 straight finishes out of the money. The good streaks are o.k but how or what do you do when you find yourself not playing your best and on a bad streak? Should you take a few days off, move down to lower limit? Any opinions?

Also i realized when I start playing too often my game gets much worse, and when I miss the game I usually do very well... Anybody else experience any of these two things when playing poker?

EagleFan5

EOG Addicted
Re: How to avoid streaks?

yeah Brain, i know exactly what your talking about...when you're on one of those good streaks it probably means your getting cards..and when you're on a bad one it prabably means your not...so i advise that as soon as you aren't getting cards or think your playing poorly..start to play tight and defend your stack..and you just have to wait it out...and maybe bluff once or twice if things get bad