Super Bowl LIII (Patriots v Rams)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
New England Patriots v Los Angeles Rams.

From Atlanta, Georgia.

CBS to televise.

Kickoff set for Sunday, February 3 at 6:30 p.m. ET.

Pointspread at 5Dimes shows the L.A. Rams Pk (-125) and 57.5.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
New England is making its third straight Super Bowl appearance and fifth appearance over the last six seasons.

If I was in charge of KC I'd cut Ford before he left the locker room. There is never an excuse for lining up offsides-especially when the ball is only about 5 feet away

Valuist

EOG Master
Rams by 1 1/2 total of 58 at Heritage. Already bet the Rams.

I think the Pats lack of speed will get exposed in the dome.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sean McVay turns 33 this week.

At kickoff of Super Bowl LIII, he'll be half the age of his counterpart Bill Belichick.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If I was in charge of KC I'd cut Ford before he left the locker room. There is never an excuse for lining up offsides-especially when the ball is only about 5 feet away

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The best thing that can happen to the Chiefs on that play: A 5-yard penalty.

kane

EOG master

If he played for NE and did that, Hoodie would have cut him in the locker room immediately after the game

Heim

EOG Master
You don't think all the public late money will be on NE?

I could be dead wrong but I think it'll be the opposite

The fav flop looks like bettors betting what they saw last. I think everything big comes in on Rams SB day. NFC was -3 from day 1. Don't see what has changed.

kane

EOG master
Heim knows more about this than I do, but I would agree with Heisey. There will be a ton of action from the casual fan, the type that doesn't bet much, if at all, during the season, and I can't see them going against Hoodie/Brady

Heim

EOG Master
I'm doing this from memory but I thought everything late came in on PHI last year. NE opened 5.5 closed 4. Some shops 3.5.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
GOAT vs Goff

Gotta go with the GOAT

Similar to Brady vs Ryan a couple years back. The number is less then 3, so go with the better qb

svbettor

EOG Veteran
The sharps i know played UNDER 59 from the start and I got it at 58.5 now it is down to 58. Realistically, the squares tend to bet what they just saw and overreact.

The sharps will be on the Rams ( late money) and already hit the Under

--SVB

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Unbelievable after under bettors clean sweep was blindsided by a seemingly anticipated 54 point second half, 44 alone in the 4th and OT.

I'm doing this from memory but I thought everything late came in on PHI last year. NE opened 5.5 closed 4. Some shops 3.5.
The sharps i know played UNDER 59 from the start and I got it at 58.5 now it is down to 58. Realistically, the squares tend to bet what they just saw and overreact.

The sharps will be on the Rams ( late money) and already hit the Under

--SVB

I love the over. I think we will see officiating like last years super bowl where refs swallow their whistles all game long on offensive holding

MrTop

EOG Master

last year NE vs philly openers in SB

New England :

bol 6-115
cris 6
pinny 7-05
5d 5.5
greek 5.5
CGT 6
wynn 6.5
WG 5.5
Coast 6.5 -105

closings :
cris closed 4.5 -105
south point 4
wynn 4.5
CGT 5
PINNY 4.5 +103

No lines closed @3.5
no lines closed higher than 5

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
I’m playing 1h under definitely. I think the total is too high so will be looking at props mostly.

Math says rams but just like when the pats played the chargers I’ll trust my instincts and lay off.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
The best thing about the Super Bowl is it's one day closer to baseball season starting. In the meantime I'm gonna go with the Patriots.

Last edited:

waco

EOG Dedicated
I cant wait till the Westgate puts out there props!! It will be very interesting what they are going to do with the Gurley props!!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I love the over. I think we will see officiating like last years super bowl where refs swallow their whistles all game long on offensive holding

Will the refs allow cornerbacks to mug the receivers OR will we see flags on the field for defensive holding and defensive pass interference?

Heim

EOG Master
Caesars has already put some team props up. Saw -250 on 'yes' 3 consecutive scores, chuckled & went on to something else.

Over is the play imo.

NE defense not very good and Patriots offensive calls are always on point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valuist

EOG Master
Where's the speed on NE? Only Patterson comes to mind so look for Belichek to utilize him on that fast surface. Have to look over on his props. As for Gronk, I would go under. Sunday was an outlier performance vs an awful defense. He's just had too many injuries and is a shell of what he once was.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Seattle threw away Super Bowl XLIX against the Patriots on the worst offensive play call in the history of the Super Bowl.

The play has been cleverly nicknamed "2nd and Dumb."