Craig Kimbrel wants $100 million to close

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I loved Kimbrel as a 21-year-old rookie with the Braves.

At age 30, tread lightly.

If you're a General Manager in Major League Baseball, you cannot pay players for what they've done, you've got to pay players for what they project to do.

Valuist

EOG Master
There are some contenders that could really use a closer: Red Sox, Cubs, Atlanta and Philly. Maybe put Minnesota in there as well. Have to believe he's been throwing regularly, but it isn't the same as facing major league hitters in a game situation

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
There are some contenders that could really use a closer: Red Sox, Cubs, Atlanta and Philly. Maybe put Minnesota in there as well. Have to believe he's been throwing regularly, but it isn't the same as facing major league hitters in a game situation

Come June 7-ish when his QO is gone he will get a lot of interest and will sign soon after - assuming he doesn't demand the same amount of money he wanted earlier. I sense he signs for the rest of the year then when the season is over and NO QO is attached to him he might sign a multi-year deal but not at the FU money he wanted.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I loved Kimbrel as a 21-year-old rookie with the Braves.

At age 30, tread lightly.

If you're a General Manager in Major League Baseball, you cannot pay players for what they've done, you've got to pay players for what they project to do.

and tread lightly once they reach age 35

Heim

EOG Master
Compared to other closers Kimbrel has remained fairly constant against the test of time. Look at Holland or the Halos Allen....long
list going bad fast.