Zags, Baylor and Nova....Who Can Beat Them?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I want to back the ZAGS to win it all. I imagine they would be favorites in every single possible match throughout the tournament.

How do we attack this? Huh? I am awful with numbers but I still do well enough to win bets from what I witness live. I KNOW 2.5 to 1 isnt enough for 6 or 7 games.

Thanks .

I want to back the ZAGS to win it all. I imagine they would be favorites in every single possible match throughout the tournament.

How do we attack this? Huh? I am awful with numbers but I still do well enough to win bets from what I witness live. I KNOW 2.5 to 1 isnt enough for 6 or 7 games.

Thanks .
They still have the same problem they have every year. They don't play anybody to prepare themselves for the tourney. Last top 25 team they played was in 2020. When Loyola and Pepperdine are the 2nd and 3rd toughest teams on their conference schedule they're in trouble. While the Big 12 and Big 10 are playing top 25 teams every other game.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
True Rica but I'm such a big believer in Suggs. I know the price ain't right with their odds though. This guy will become a NBA super star in no time.

Heim

EOG Master
Is Big Ten at +175 a bad bet now? You are going to get two #1 seeds. Illini playing best basketball in the country and Oyu is out. Grab Fightin Illini at 16/1 to sweeten the pot too.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They still have the same problem they have every year. They don't play anybody to prepare themselves for the tourney. Last top 25 team they played was in 2020. When Loyola and Pepperdine are the 2nd and 3rd toughest teams on their conference schedule they're in trouble. While the Big 12 and Big 10 are playing top 25 teams every other game.
Too bad the Baylor game was cancelled. We would have known much more about the Zags.

Heim

EOG Master
I believe Iowa is this years Hickory High School (Hoosiers).....and they run the picket fence
to win it all at the buzzard.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery has never reached the Sweet Sixteen in 25 years of coaching (Lehigh, UNC-Greensboro, Siena and Iowa).

Heim

EOG Master
A Big Ten team has not cut down the nets in more than 20 years.

Hmmm...

Those years weren't marred by Covid interruptions....everything is different. Bubble format with familiar gyms
can only help a team like the Hawkeyes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Those years weren't marred by Covid interruptions....everything is different. Bubble format with familiar gyms
can only help a team like the Hawkeyes.

Good point.

The Hawkeyes likely will be favored against every team not named Illinois, Michigan, Baylor or Gonzaga.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Good point.

The Hawkeyes likely will be favored against every team not named Illinois, Michigan, Baylor or Gonzaga.

Using the current Sagarin predictor. which is pretty accurate in predicting opening lines in the future, barring injury, Iowa vs Illinois and vs Michigan would be favored by 1. Thus only a dog to Gonzaga and Baylor.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Using the current Sagarin predictor. which is pretty accurate in predicting opening lines in the future, barring injury, Iowa vs Illinois and vs Michigan would be favored by 1. Thus only a dog to Gonzaga and Baylor.

We could see Iowa v Illinois at a neutral site in the Big Ten tournament semifinals next Saturday afternoon.

The Illini won the regular season meeting over the Hawkeyes, 80-75, at State Farm Arena in Champaign.

Illinois closed a 3-point favorite back on January 29.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Michigan was a 5-point home favorite over Iowa in late February.

The Wolverines blitzed the Hawkeyes, 79-57.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
We could see Iowa v Illinois at a neutral site in the Big Ten tournament semifinals next Saturday afternoon.

Yep, Iowa (3 seed) will have to probably have to get by Wisconsin (6 seed) again and Illinois (2 seed) will have to beat the Rutgers(7)/Indiana(10) winner.

Current Sagarin predictor : Iowa 92.49, Illinois 91.75, KenPom: virtual tie.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I love how if you live in Illinois you can't even bet on them at the legal books. I made that mistake a few times looking for their odds.

Heim

EOG Master
Naturally the only issue with the Zags is the knee jerk issue every year, their competition.

West Virginia...close, and a WVU that
does not defend anymore.

KU when it wasn't KU, and Baylor cancelled.

One thing different is the WCC is more balanced this year especially the lower half...but that's not saying much.

Heim

EOG Master
Wisconsin exposed Iowa. They took their firepower away from the 3 point line and Iowa didn' thave a MI Wagner who could break down the defense and get to the rim.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Currently Gonzaga +250, Baylor +280 and Michigan +400 at bovada to win it all. Off the pack would be Illinois +900, Alabama and Iowa +1400.