I'm turning $150 into $1000 by end of night

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a tennis authority, but I enjoy following live tennis lines.

Any tips on over/under wagering when it comes to total number of games played?

Key numbers?

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Big trouble in Pro's game.

Current score: Harvard 28 Dartmouth 18 with about eight minutes left in the first half.

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
What happened with this thread?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
24 is a dead number. in 5 set matches, 4th sets are often tanked.

Thanks BIRDIE.

I like to follow the ladies more than the men.

Any important numbers there?

It seems, with the ladies, when a match goes it goes.

Very little fight in some of the lesser-know players in the early rounds.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Ladies always, JK. No thank you 5 set matches and no thank you non elite players. With the ladies, ranking doesn't matter as long as they are not ugly. I know enough to cap the ladies. I know shit about the men other than they are pussies besides the Joker.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
PInky over Barby. Not that it will happen but it easily could. Doesn't matter who Pinky plays, Every match is determined by her serve. Can keep it to 1 or 2 breaks per set, can win. She is one of the be best on return.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I like to follow the ladies more than the men.

Any important numbers there?

It seems, with the ladies, when a match goes it goes.

Very little fight in some of the lesser-know players in the early rounds.

Generally, tennis totals are a tough handicap. You have to handicap the players and their likelyhood in breaking and holding serve. More likely to break in women's tennis than men's. Ask how likely is the match going to be decided in straight sets?

An example is one of Dell's favorites, Australian Open, Elena Rybakina vs S. Zhang. ER is ML -667, -5.5 games -115, -1.5 sets -208, total 19 -119ov. So say you like ER to win in straight sets, hold serve and break Zhang 3 times. This would result most likely in 6-4, 6-3 match and push the total. If you like ER to be more dominant, than that, bet the UN19 or games -5.5, while if you like Zhang to keep it close bet the +5.5 -106 or the OV19, and if you think she will actually win a set, bet SZ +1.5 +161.

Obviously bet the ML if you expect ER to gut out a win 95% of the time or bet SZ at a win of >=35%. Just an example of how entangled these bets are.

Last edited: