0.5/0.10 tips

Hornolocus

EOG Member
hello, I would like to ask a question. I recently deposited at 50-50 poker and i play 0.5/0.10 no limit holdem.are there some good strategies for this stakes or is it just pure bankroll management that must do the job? thx

Vance

EOG Senior Member
Re: 0.5/0.10 tips

on bookmaker i would just play tight, tons of loose bad players, wait for good situtaion and bet agreesive, tight agressive is profitable

Herbie

EOG Addicted

I would agree... At these stakes just play tight and push the hell out of any strong hand... Keep bluffing to a minimum because they are going to call you down with anything...

Hornolocus

EOG Member

I noticed that fold is not really an option to anyone if they hit as little as one pair on the flop.So I guess bluffing is not recommended.thanks for the tips, playing tight is profitable but i have to admit you have to be very patient for strong hands to come :)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Depends if you are at a 6 person table or 10 person. I would raise with weaker hands at 6 person table (i.e. K 8, Q 10, A 2) from a good position (i.e. dealer spot) and if you are called continuation bet the flop. I would also determine if you are a better cash-game player or tourney player (although if you are at bookmaker they have a weak selection of tourneys; would suggest fulltilt or pokerstars or something similar)

Hornolocus

EOG Member

I play at 50-50 Poker. I like the poker room. I also play only 6 player tables because i consider that 10 player tables are a bit darts like and there are more chances to get a call with crapy hands and draw yourself into a beat.I tried to play only strong hands and it seems it is working for now;except a few bad beats, nothing happened.I always did the continuation bet on flop and managed to throw the cards if the other player raised or called and then raised.Of course I sometimes tried to bluff some hands where the pot worth it.All in all it is okey. I am trying to play bankroll and make somewhere around 20 euros/day profit. This is mainly to train myself into stopping at the right moment, because I have an issue with this when I get bored:D

stargazer

EOG Member

I use to think it was just small stakes where you got stupid chasing donks, but it really doesn't matter. I've seen the same damn thing in higher stakes. There's only one way you are going to make a profit at online poker and that's if you're catching good cards. The best player in the world won't win if the cards are against them. I've lost so much money where I have been a big favorite to win the hand it's not even funny. All you can do is be patient and make the best decisions you can and sometimes that's not enough welcome to the world of poker.