2012 Triple Crown Prep Schedule, Results

nedrow9

EOG Master
Crown contenders' road to the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes with prep race replays, charts, Beyer Speed Figures, and more.[TABLE]
<TBODY>

<TH>Date</TH><TH>Track</TH><TH>Race</TH><TH>Video</TH><TH>Dist.</TH><TH>Winner</TH><TH>Beyer</TH><TH>Recap</TH><TH>Chart</TH>

7-Jan

SA

Sham

1M

21-Jan

FG

LeComte

1M 70 yds

29-Jan

GP

Holy Bull

1M

4-Feb

AQU

Withers

1 1/16M

4-Feb

SA

Robert B. Lewis

1 1/16M

4-Feb

TB

Sam F. Davis

1 1/16M

18-Feb

GG

El Camino Real

1 1/8M

19-Feb

SA

San Vicente

7F

20-Feb

OP

Southwest

1M

25-Feb

FG

Risen Star

1 1/16M

26-Feb

GP

Fountain of Youth

1 1/16M

3-Mar

AQU

Gotham

1 1/16M

10-Mar

SA

San Felipe

1 1/16M

10-Mar

TB

Tampa Bay Derby

1 1/16M

17-Mar

OP

Rebel

1 1/16M

24-Mar

TP

Spiral

1 1/8M

25-Mar

SP

Sunland Park Derby

1 1/8M

31-Mar

GP

Florida Derby

1 1/8M

1-Apr

FG

Louisiana Derby

1 1/8M

7-Apr

AQU

Wood Memorial

1 1/8M

7-Apr

HAW

Illinois Derby

1 1/8M

7-Apr

SA

Santa Anita Derby

1 1/8M

14-Apr

KEE

Blue Grass

1 1/8M

14-Apr

OP

Arkansas Derby

1 1/8M

21-Apr

AQU

Jerome

1M

30-Apr

CD

Derby Trial

1M

5-May

CD

Kentucky Derby

1 1/4M

19-May

PIM

Preakness

1 3/16M

11-June

BEL

Belmont Stakes

1 1/2M

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: 2012 Triple Crown Prep Schedule, Results

A wiseguy the other day asked me about a potential Derby horse named Fly Lexis Fly.

I plan to investigate.

A wiseguy the other day asked me about a potential Derby horse named Fly Lexis Fly.

I plan to investigate.

I have our head researcher looking into it. There's no horse registered by this name. Could he have gotten the name wrong?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

I have our head researcher looking into it. There's no horse registered by this name. Could he have gotten the name wrong?

A couple nice races including the video posted in this thread. The horse is now under the care of Drysdale and will be prepping for the Derby here in So Cal. Drysdale thought enough of the horse to go down to Peru to get him.

A couple nice races including the video posted in this thread. The horse is now under the care of Drysdale and will be prepping for the Derby here in So Cal. Drysdale thought enough of the horse to go down to Peru to get him.

Nice find. My bad... This horse was bred by Ken and Sara Ramsey. He was a $5,000 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall 2010 Yearling Sale purchase. I know Ramsey wants to win the Derby more than anything, but for him to have bred a Derby winner that he sold for $5k, that may be a hard pill to swallow, so I would have thought that he had been in contact with his owner and trainer, but now knowing Drysdale has him... I want to know the details about the purchase or the arrangement.

I'll be out shooting at Hollywood next week... I'll be sure and swing by his barn. My database only updates works/transactions on North American horses. The latest info I show is his 11.13.2011 Derby National win. He won 1 of his first three races, but in his last two attempts he's flourished going 10 furlongs (Kentucky Derby distance) and 12 furlongs (Belmont Stakes distance). This is hard to phantom Since no American horse will,race classic distances until late spring of their 3 year-old year.

Intriguing horse to say the least.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Nice find. My bad... This horse was bred by Ken and Sara Ramsey. He was a $5,000 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall 2010 Yearling Sale purchase. I know Ramsey wants to win the Derby more than anything, but for him to have bred a Derby winner that he sold for $5k, that may be a hard pill to swallow, so I would have thought that he had been in contact with his owner and trainer, but now knowing Drysdale has him... I want to know the details about the purchase or the arrangement.

I'll be out shooting at Hollywood next week... I'll be sure and swing by his barn. My database only updates works/transactions on North American horses. The latest info I show is his 11.13.2011 Derby National win. He won 1 of his first three races, but in his last two attempts he's flourished going 10 furlongs (Kentucky Derby distance) and 12 furlongs (Belmont Stakes distance). This is hard to phantom Since no American horse will,race classic distances until late spring of their 3 year-old year.

Intriguing horse to say the least.

I don't think there was a private purchase. I believe the owner allowed Drysdale to take over control and train/race in California.

IMO, the horse has a very turfy action and prepping on a hard SA surface probably isn't going to benefit him very much.