2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Hey, we agree on something. Arrieta in better shape, is a better big game pitcher, and has less mileage on his arm.

Long term contracts to pitchers rarley works out. The cubs should be out on both unless the price and years come down on the juicer.

I think you undervalue quintana. He might not be a number 1 guy but he is very good and under team control for a few years.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Long term contracts to pitchers rarley works out. The cubs should be out on both unless the price and years come down on the juicer.

I think you undervalue quintana. He might not be a number 1 guy but he is very good and under team control for a few years.

Just think there is an intangible related to pitching that I don't see in Quintana. The K numbers are great and all, but the K is less valuable than most people think it is. I'll take soft contact over gaudy strikeout numbers any day and Quintana doesn't seem to be able to get soft contact consistently because he's always in the heart of the plate.

MrTop

EOG Master

cubs can get away with a pitcher that cannot k. Top 3 team in fielding

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

thanks kane i don't think anyone knew that

yelich made public comments he wasn't happy and wanted to be traded and every single MLB person on twitter reported they were actively moving him and guaranteed he'd go

but thanks

real good insight

fucking idiot

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Yu Darvish will sign with a team in the next 45 days

bold prediction

hope i can light bulb it

kane

EOG master

If Darvish is smart he'll sign with the Cubs, if he signs elsewhere he's just scared

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

lol you light bulbed something every single person to follow baseball knew was a virtual certainty

you're not very smart kane... no athleticism or attractiveness and you didn't get the usual intelligence of your people... sad.

fell down the stairs and crippled yourself

sad

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Don't think it's a stretch to say that the NL Central has twice the talent overall of the NL East... NL East should lose it's playoff bid. Been saying it forever. Becoming more and more true.

kane

EOG master

lol you light bulbed something every single person to follow baseball knew was a virtual certainty

you're not very smart kane... no athleticism or attractiveness and you didn't get the usual intelligence of your people... sad.

fell down the stairs and crippled yourself

sad

I'm surely not as athletic as a former college baseball player :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

why would I be on tilt? I'm 10-4 +5.56 units in my college bball picks thread

great run

kane

EOG master

9-15 :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOkeep em coming goose

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

10-4 in my documented picks thread +5.56 units

Kane is down nearly 20 units in the bet of the day thread

:LMAO

Mets signed Todd Fazier to a 2 year 17 million dollar deal.

cheap, but not a fan of the move. He strikes out way too much. 215 hitter.

MrTop

EOG Master

Mets signed Todd Fazier to a 2 year 17 million dollar deal.

cheap, but not a fan of the move. He strikes out way too much. 215 hitter.

If sandy is still running the mets he should retire after that move. frazier stinks

Bad deal for the Mets IMHO....

A team like the Mets in their market should be after moose if they want a third basemen.

The Sny cronies are blowing the Wilpons saying how smart sandy is by waiting for the market to come to him. They also claim the Mets have been the most active team in the free agent market lol. They are saying he has enough cash left to get a pitcher now!

Lmfao

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Like the old Home Run Detby announcer used to say - it’s a Home run or nothing. That is Todd Frazier to a T.

Moush would have been a much better fit, but priced out of the Mets budget.

MrTop

EOG Master

now they have to sign another pitcher or they will lose again in playoffs

MrTop

EOG Master

cubs failed to sign cain...

looks like same cub team except swarber a little thinner

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Their 4th starter is Quintana. They don’t need another pitcher you crazy person.

Valuist

EOG Master

Jake to the Dodgers? They freed up some $$ in the offseason. The Yankees would have to be in the hunt as well.