2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

blueline

EOG Master
Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Reports Theo and Jed pulling out all the stops for Ohtani...still not expected to get him

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Reports Theo and Jed pulling out all the stops for Ohtani...still not expected to get him

only non west coast team he's really considering I bet are Cubs

if he's smart he will pick the cubs, but I don't know if I want the headache

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

If you read through the lines of what he's saying, it sounds like he wants to be the center of attention while also at the same time having no big expectations on him

Sounds like a disaster. Also sounds like he goes to the Mariners since they'll worship him and they are used to losing so much they won't even turn on him unless he's god awful

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

only non west coast team he's really considering I bet are Cubs

if he's smart he will pick the cubs, but I don't know if I want the headache

If hes smart, he’s choosing SF or Seattle. Far more enforcement chances out west, and a less forgiving media spotlight if things don’t work out.

Valuist

EOG Master

Stanton to the Giants will be a bad deal for the Giants. They aren't good enough, he won't stay healthy, they'll have to pay $250,000,000 and give up Panik, and by the time they're good again (if even) then he'll be 32 and on a Pujols like trajectory but with no DH to hide him defensively.

Funny note now, the Padres' #1 prospect is a guy the White Sox traded for James Shields lol. Just basically a low level prospect the White Sox couldn't develop at all and threw in just for a body on the mound.

But Stanton is one of the few hitters who wouldn't be intimidated by the park. That park is a clear detriment to obtaining free agent hitters.

Valuist

EOG Master

This one went under the radar: Aledmys Diaz from the Cardinals to Toronto for the Jays' 2016 second rounder. Diaz was real good in 2016: .300/.510/.876 but slumped considerably last year. The league adjusted to him, and he didn't adjust back. The fact Paul Dejong has proven to be a big league hitter hasn't hurt.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Schwarber has lost about 25 pounds it looks like, said he was going to transform his body this off season.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Otani will pick Padres or Mariners b/c he's a fragile little boy - official prediction

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Otani will pick Padres or Mariners b/c he's a fragile little boy - official prediction

So you guys are similar but he can pitch and hit? Sorry you made this way too easy. Goodluck on the hoops tonight. Diagf some other time:)

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

So you guys are similar but he can pitch and hit? Sorry you made this way too easy. Goodluck on the hoops tonight. Diagf some other time:)

has anyone ever told you you hold grudges like a woman who watches jersey shore and perpetually has her period?

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

has anyone ever told you you hold grudges like a woman who watches jersey shore and perpetually has her period?

Has anyone ever told you are a little bitch who is borderline retarded if you think you can call someone what you did and you think it's just a grudge? Nope its pretty much hatred. I wished you luck in hoops though. I thought that was kind of me now gtfo and play in traffic you attention whore monger.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Has anyone ever told you are a little bitch who is borderline retarded if you think you can call someone what you did and you think it's just a grudge? Nope its pretty much hatred. I wished you luck in hoops though. I thought that was kind of me now gtfo and play in traffic you attention whore monger.

you familiar with shakespeare at all? the lady doth protests too much, methinks.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

you familiar with shakespeare at all? the lady doth protests too much, methinks.

You think Im being effusive? You havent experienced anything. This wasnt a kidding term you used or something someone says to incite a small debate like the cubs are over rated you ignorant little virgin. Who calls someone that and then uses hamlet scene 3 quotes?! Arent you a blinded trumptard? He would cut shakespear and claim LIBERAL arts is a attack on america.

Now run along and try to convince someone else you are smart, a college pitcher, don't know which truck stop bathrooms are best, that you've felt a womans breast in the last decade counselor.
Youre the definition of fake news.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Your mental break leads me to believe there would probably be a VERY healthy correlation between mental illness and people who obsessively pop drugs to keep them awake for extended periods of time for years upon years. Truck drivers, poker players, etc... rather than 1 in 20 being bat shit crazy, it's more like 1 in 3.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Your mental break leads me to believe there would probably be a VERY healthy correlation between mental illness and people who obsessively pop drugs to keep them awake for extended periods of time for years upon years. Truck drivers, poker players, etc... rather than 1 in 20 being bat shit crazy, it's more like 1 in 3.

I pop pills, you like women, have friends, are a practicing attorney, ex college pitcher, have left the house in the last month.. its all the story you decide to tell.
Look everyone Javy questioning others mental stability hahahaha.
Whats next you giving advice on how to interact in a peaceful manner when having a debate over a random subject like the white sox or cubs chances in the next 10 years?
Cant make this side show freak up folks. Just step up and take a look at the side show freak of a poster we have here.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Sad a baseball thread had to devolve to a drug abuser rambling because drinkyourmilkshake had a mental breakdown

what thread will he hit next, hit my capping thread last week

poor JK, can't win trying to moderate this place

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Sad a baseball thread had to devolve to a drug abuser rambling because drinkyourmilkshake had a mental breakdown

what thread will he hit next, hit my capping thread last week

poor JK, can't win trying to moderate this place

Go fuck yourself. I may have a little skirmish here and there once a yr over trivial shit. No one has ever crossed a line like your bitch ass did. Acting like Im the problem. Youve been banned from everywhere for a reason... you're a punk.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This was a good and productive and informative thread until you entered it. Facts are facts.

Now you have a good night. Pop some ambien if you can’t sleep. Then when you’re groggy pop something else. Then when poker gets stale pop something else.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

I think Lorenzo Cain is difference maker. The cards are front runners which doesn't make a lot of sense to me as they have no pitching and OH showed he isnt a closer.
Everyone in detroit Fulmer, kinsler and Norris appear to be on the block. Im sure miggy is as well but no one wants that contract.
Abreau to boston makes a ton of sense. Im sure the red sox being the team I love won't be willing to give up much and would rather overspend in free agency.

I like cincy a little as they are deep with young starters and Iglesias healthy gives them a decent closer. Why they dont want a cheap Cozart is odd to me.

Logan morrison is a better overall bat than Bruce itll be interesting to see where they go.
Whoever gets cargo is getting damaged goods the guy has had too many injuries and went from 5 tools to 2 rapidly.
Darvish and Arrieta are seeking big/long contracts. Interesting to see what that means for Lynn and Sabathia as well.

Nunez and Moustakis could be big time difference makers for teams almost there in need of a 3rd baseman.
The poor royals and tigers. I have no clue how they plan on selling tickets.

Stanton going to SF will make baseball a little more boring imo. His numbers will decline and on days Posey sits why pitch to him. Also SF has no starters outside of Bumgarner and possibly Cueto returns to form then who? Stanton playing for a .500 team launching what 35 playing at ATT?

I like the angels aquisition of Upton expect Trout to get less intentional walks. They also have some quality starters that are young.
Darvish to anaheim makes some sense.

Jd Martinez doesnt do it for me personally. One name admist all these guys that Im surprised I haven't seen anything on is why would the dodgers keep Adrian Gonzales? You can't sit or platoon Bellinger. Id like to see him in Colorado. He would make a lot of sense but its the rockies expect a cheap as possible guy. Mark reynolds etc.
Thats all i have top of my head. Feel free to continue to discuss. Ill troll Javy in his other non sports threads. Sorry for any temporary derailment.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cubs sign Tyler Chatwood to a 3 year deal worth 38 million.

Great risk/reward here.

2016/2017 combined he was 13-8 with a 2.57 ERA away from Coors with 157.1 IP with just 108 hits allowed for a .195 BAA.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Cubs sign Tyler Chatwood to a 3 year deal worth 38 million.

Great risk/reward here.

2016/2017 combined he was 13-8 with a 2.57 ERA away from Coors with 157.1 IP with just 108 hits allowed for a .195 BAA.

He's a solid pitcher no doubt. Also a pretty small contract for his ability. Are you only going to report cubs stuff? I know you're the ultimate fanboy but since you post 10 hours a day maybe report all signings? You are the face of eog as sad as it is.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I discuss anything relevant to MLB IMO.

There hasn't been much movement because everyone is waiting for Stanton and Ohtani to decide. Mike Minor got a nice deal from the Rangers, Cubs were sniffing around him but that was too expensive for him I think.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cubs were smart to swoop in while everyone was waiting on Ohtani and grab Chatwood. I feel like he could have gotten more from a desperate team that loses out on Ohtani (Seattle/LAA)

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Rangers signing starters for serious money while depending on Barnett as a 7th inning guy and erratic Bush to close is as silly as giving Fister 6 million... oh wait

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cubs might just sign Cobb and Morrow and call it a day. Not thrilled about it, but saves a lot of money to maybe be in on Harper and they can always move a big name like Baez or Schwarber for a front line starter if things are needed.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Hosmer and Boras seeking 10 yr/200m that's just asinine. Leaves Washington, Boston, St. Louis (seriously doubt it) yankees and san Fran (what do you do with Posey) is there anyone Im missing?

Hosmer and Boras seeking 10 yr/200m that's just asinine. Leaves Washington, Boston, St. Louis (seriously doubt it) yankees and san Fran (what do you do with Posey) is there anyone Im missing?

Agreed-That is a ridiculous request. It never ceases to amaze how many stupid GM's are out there that agree to insane deals so I won't be shocked if a team comes close to paying it. I rarely agree with giving 1B's huge contracts unless they're a transcendent power guy or someone like Goldy who brings value on the bases as well. Hosmers best quality might be his durability-guy almost never misses a game.

As far as your last question I think Colorado would be an intriguing fit. Having the righty/lefty combo in the order with him and Arrenado would be fun.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Agreed-That is a ridiculous request. It never ceases to amaze how many stupid GM's are out there that agree to insane deals so I won't be shocked if a team comes close to paying it. I rarely agree with giving 1B's huge contracts unless they're a transcendent power guy or someone like Goldy who brings value on the bases as well. Hosmers best quality might be his durability-guy almost never misses a game.

As far as your last question I think Colorado would be an intriguing fit. Having the righty/lefty combo in the order with him and Arrenado would be fun.
Where does Desmond play then? He was your 1b to be that I forgot about because he was hurt. Parra is healthy and he signed a big contract. You have Dahl as the future/blackmon/parra you unload cargo and the mega contract. Not a bad spot to be in. They have a helluva lineup and no closer/middle relief. 2nd hf over might be alive and well again at coors. Frontline starters are good but take a hit w chatwood gone. I think Moreland is a good coors field type of option reminds me of Helton a little if they actually attempt to spend that kind of money.

Where does Desmond play then? He was your 1b to be that I forgot about because he was hurt. Parra is healthy and he signed a big contract. You have Dahl as the future/blackmon/parra you unload cargo and the mega contract. Not a bad spot to be in. They have a helluva lineup and no closer/middle relief. 2nd hf over might be alive and well again at coors. Frontline starters are good but take a hit w chatwood gone. I think Moreland is a good coors field type of option reminds me of Helton a little if they actually attempt to spend that kind of money.

In my opinion signing Desmond to play 1B was an absurd idea to begin with-They'd be well served to dump him off if they can. If not he's not bad as a utility option with his infield/outfield versatility but he's declined quite a bit overall. I like your Moreland idea for a cheaper option. Who knows, maybe they don't sign a 1B and they give Ryan McMahon the job and he runs with it. If I were GM I'd see if a team might bite on Story if they can get a young arm back in return. Brendan Rogers is only a year away and likely their SS for next ten years or more.

I do like the Rockies future-great young talent and excellent bats still down in their farm system. They just need to find some decent SP's (don't need great ones) who can consistently give them 6 innings to give their bully more rest than they usually get.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

There are already murmers that they wont keep Arenado and Blackmon which is understandable but sad this is a got to win now kind of year for them. If they waste the money from Cargo on Arrietta Ill be pretty dissapointed as someone who goes to a lot of games. Their lack of run production down the stretch/coupled with Holland running out of gas really hurt them. Then again dodgers same division hard to imagine they can win the west.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Stanton says he will only accept a trade to the Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers, or Astros...

Everyone wants to be in Chicago... not on the south side...

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Am I the only one who didnt notice Ryon Healy going to Seattle?! They might have the most improved lineup in the AL in '18.
Gordon gives legit speed and OPS and Healy coupled with Cruz, Seager and Zunino that's a ton of power. They have no starting pitching.
How is anyone a A's fan? Serious question its got to be the hardest team to be a fan of ever.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Am I the only one who didnt notice Ryon Healy going to Seattle?! They might have the most improved lineup in the AL in '18.
Gordon gives legit speed and OPS and Healy coupled with Cruz, Seager and Zunino that's a ton of power. They have no starting pitching.
How is anyone a A's fan? Serious question its got to be the hardest team to be a fan of ever.

Healy posted a .754 OPS, including a .676 OPS away from O.co... not sure anyone should be impressed by that.

Hell, Schwarber had the 'worst year ever' with a .782 OPS, with the first 2 months dragging him down .140 or so.