2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

kane

EOG master
Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

- 4:31 PM

5:29 PM

What time comes first, 4:31 PM or 5:29 PM??

But wait, you just said I brought them up first today? :LMAO

You were the first to mention trannies in this thread, all I was doing was responding to Alfie's question in another thread, how many tranny girlfriends do you have? Just the one that you've admitted, or are there others?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

It must be sad to be an adult man and going through therapy and explaining to your nurses that you fell down the stairs. Imagine what kind of man they thought you were when they heard that?

Have a nice weekend with your colorful rainbow coalition crew. I heard you're playing totem pole tonight. :LMAO

kane

EOG master

haha I thought I only bashed Otani because he didn't pick the Cubs? Weird that I bashed him before he made his decision then.

I'm also on record as saying Stanton won't improve the Giants THAT MUCH if that trade goes through because he rarely stays healthy and that's a big outfield to cover. But when the cubs don't get Stanton, kane, make sure you say I am not high on him because he's not a Cub.

:LMAO

wrong, wrong, wrong, kane why are you always demonstrably wrong?

First of all your "official prediction" was wrong, he didn't sign with either of those teams. Second, had he signed with the Cubs, your take on him would have been a complete 360, you even posted you would take him in the Cubs rotation

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

lol they currently don't have a 5th starter, why wouldn't I take a $300,000 player? :LMAO

you're so dumb that it's gotta be 1 in a million you've even survived to this point in life... but I guess you did cripple yourself falling down the stairs so that has you going into the world less and less

kane

EOG master

only non west coast team he's really considering I bet are Cubs

if he's smart he will pick the cubs, but I don't know if I want the headache

Guess he's not smart then, had he picked the Cubs he would be smart, since he picked the Angels, that just makes him scared, LMAO #Cubshomer

kane

EOG master

yeah, not a smart pick by him in all honesty, it's very likely the kid underachieves but there's no risk so it's a good signing for Angels

Of course it wasn't a smart pick by him, the only smart choice was the Cubs #Cubshomer

kane

EOG master

Sorry sweetie gotta run, while I enjoy smacking you around like the little bitch you are, I have plans tonight. Oh, and unlike you my plans don't involve getting ass fucked by a tranny, have fun tonight sweetie

I do not see where he such a bargain and a 300k player ?

The LAA' s have to to pay the Nip league Hams 20 M, for what like 2 years of service, he's only an 4A

player anyway, doubtful he can hit, not very durable.

Sure, I wanted the Yankees to take a chance on him, since his 20M+ would not count towards the salary cap.

He is unproven, may develop into a very good starter ?

He will get his money now in endorsements, maybe more later if any good.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The LAA' s have to to pay the Nip league Hams 20 M, for what like 2 years of service, he's only an 4A

Sure, I wanted the Yankees to take a chance on him, since his 20M+ would not count towards the salary cap.

Sounds like he will DH also, now Pujols is back playing defense. I can’t see how that makes the Angels better. I thought JD Martinez would’ve been a better short term fit for them. Actually Arrieta may be a fit in Anaheim now that they are not paying otani close to market.

The White Sox should be a major player at the winter meetings shopping Abreu, now that the Yankees acquired Stanton.

Of course there are questions but YouTube him and you'll realize he's a no shit pitcher with serious FU stuff. He's got the perfect big frame and size you want in a pitcher. I'm not sure why you think he's only a AAAA type player. It's certainly possible he flames out but professional scouts definitively believe he's the best Japanese pitcher to ever come over. Looking forward to seeing how he does against the best.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

He’s had injury problems, now moving to a 4 day rest rotation, where the worst hitter you face is one of the best in Japan. He will certainly struggle early and based on his obsession with the details, it could definitely go badly for him as it becomes a mental game from the point.

He’s cheap as dirt though, so that’s why every team wanted him. If he was a real free agent I wouldn’t have even thought about touching him at $200,000,000

He’s had injury problems, now moving to a 4 day rest rotation, where the worst hitter you face is one of the best in Japan. He will certainly struggle early and based on his obsession with the details, it could definitely go badly for him as it becomes a mental game from the point.

He’s cheap as dirt though, so that’s why every team wanted him. If he was a real free agent I wouldn’t have even thought about touching him at $200,000,000

I thought all of his injuries were non arm related though? If I remember correctly he has had only an ankle and thigh injury he incurred while playing in the field

kane

EOG master

Of course there are questions but YouTube him and you'll realize he's a no shit pitcher with serious FU stuff. He's got the perfect big frame and size you want in a pitcher. I'm not sure why you think he's only a AAAA type player. It's certainly possible he flames out but professional scouts definitively believe he's the best Japanese pitcher to ever come over. Looking forward to seeing how he does against the best.

FWIW, I heard an interview with Tim Kurkjian last night, he said he spoke with 6 scouts and every one of them said Ohtani could be a top of the rotation guy

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

FWIW, I heard an interview with Tim Kurkjian last night, he said he spoke with 6 scouts and every one of them said Ohtani could be a top of the rotation guy

lots of scouts said Schwarber was the next David Ortiz

scouts are pole smokers or they aren't, can't have it both ways.

kane

EOG master

Of course scouts aren't always right, they were wrong about Schwarbs, time will tell if they were right about Ohtani

Not really. When Schwarber went as high as he did in the draft most scouts thought it was a reach. In retrospect it was an excellent selection by Theo but there hasn't been hype that Schwarber is a future HOFer

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Not really. When Schwarber went as high as he did in the draft most scouts thought it was a reach. In retrospect it was an excellent selection by Theo but there hasn't been hype that Schwarber is a future HOFer

scouts said he could be better than Bryant or Rizzo a few years ago... Bryant is obviously a potential future hall of famer... do the math. A few scouts have also said Schwarber's sound off the bat in BP and in the game sounds like Ortiz... it's not just me making that comparison up. Came from an actual scout.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

scouts said he could be better than Bryant or Rizzo a few years ago... Bryant is obviously a potential future hall of famer... do the math. A few scouts have also said Schwarber's sound off the bat in BP and in the game sounds like Ortiz... it's not just me making that comparison up. Came from an actual scout.

He was going blind Javy he could only hear the sound of the bat! His daughter came with him and that's when the magic happened. Justin Timberlake and her had a real romance.

Poor old man couldn't see the 270 pounds it took to create the sound, old man got fired in the end. Schwarber just a year later was flagging down hot dog vendors during BPs all over the country.
Good flick sorry for the cliffs.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Of course scouts aren't always right, they were wrong about Schwarbs, time will tell if they were right about Ohtani

If Schwerber never played another game, he accomplished more than most 1st rounders. They should be impact players and he did that.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

If Schwerber never played another game, he accomplished more than most 1st rounders. They should be impact players and he did that.

what a world we live in that a near .900 OPS in the 2nd half is looked down upon

missing all of 2016 had a huge impact on his april and may numbers for sure

Name a single scout or post a link of anyone who said KS could be better than Bryant. Bryant was considered to be as can't miss as can be when he came out of USD. As I said earlier KS was a great draft pick by Theo-he'd be best served to flip him for more needed parts in my opinion.

Yesterday was a perfect representation of JB's baseball analysis with all of the Otani and Stanton news......... If a player doesn't end up with the Cubs he shall be deemed irrelevant.

what a world we live in that a near .900 OPS in the 2nd half is looked down upon

missing all of 2016 had a huge impact on his april and may numbers for sure

I've pointed out numerous times that KS had limited AB's second half of last season due to sitting against LHP's.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Name a single scout or post a link of anyone who said KS could be better than Bryant. Bryant was considered to be as can't miss as can be when he came out of USD. As I said earlier KS was a great draft pick by Theo-he'd be best served to flip him for more needed parts in my opinion.
I’ll try to find it, but the cubs scout (recently died) who discover KS did compare his swing to Babe Ruth.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I've pointed out numerous times that KS had limited AB's second half of last season due to sitting against LHP's.
I’ll agree here. Watching that .900 against a very soft schedule, he didn’t really dominate. There are still a lot of holes in his game. Hard telling how much of an effect batting him leadoff did.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Yesterday was a perfect representation of JB's baseball analysis with all of the Otani and Stanton news......... If a player doesn't end up with the Cubs he shall be deemed irrelevant.

Lol my opinion of them both was posted before their deals happened and didn’t change. Nice try though.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cubs talking about trading for Archer and Colome from Rays.

Guess since the pussies will say I dislike Archer just because the deal doesn't happen, I guess I'll say emphatically that I wouldn't give up anyone but Almora Jr. for Archer. Fuck him if he's going to cost Schwarber or Baez or Russell or Happ.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Cubs talking about trading for Archer and Colome from Rays.

Guess since the pussies will say I dislike Archer just because the deal doesn't happen, I guess I'll say emphatically that I wouldn't give up anyone but Almora Jr. for Archer. Fuck him if he's going to cost Schwarber or Baez or Russell or Happ.
I would trade any of them for archer as long as they can extend archer. Prefer Schwarber because he played the least valuable position.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Archer another product of the obsessing over strikeout culture that swept through the game for a bit. Lots of K's, but lots of meat balls. Quintana-ish.

2 years of mediocrity last 2 years.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Archer another product of the obsessing over strikeout culture that swept through the game for a bit. Lots of K's, but lots of meat balls. Quintana-ish.

Analytics say wins are overrated but I like them, would rather have a pitcher wanting to stay in vs throwing 6 innings, 90-100 pitches and getting a thatta-boy for keeping them in the game.

MrTop

EOG Master

location could be fixed with the right pitching coach..... speed could never be

location could be fixed with the right pitching coach..... speed could never be

Agreed-Last two years it looks as if Archers mechanics are a bit off. Hasn't had a consistent repeatable delivery. A good pitching coach might do a lot for him.

kane

EOG master

The Cardinals didn't land Stanton, but they've turned their sights on the Marlins other outfielders, there's a good chance they trade for either Ozuna or Yelich, but if they do they'll also have to take the contract of either Ziegler or Tazawa, Jeter's shit show is far from done

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Are the Baltimore Orioles just a legitimately retarded organization? Besides for the fact they wouldn't let Arrieta throw his best pitch because 'they don't believe in the pitch from an organizational stand point,' it now sounds like Dan Duquette is saying they didn't even try to land Ohtani because they disagree with having to pay the posting fee.

Now, the chances of Ohtani wanting to go to a liberal wasteland with skyrocketing crime and murder rates because of a race baiting racist liberal named Marilyn Mosby are probably 0.00000%, but not even trying is just silly. That organization is terrible.

But maybe not worse than the Marlins... it sounds like their ownership is claiming they're $250,000,000 short and emailing out for investors.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2017/...-miami-marlins-new-york-yankees-bruce-sherman

MrTop

EOG Master

Are the Baltimore Orioles just a legitimately retarded organization? Besides for the fact they wouldn't let Arrieta throw his best pitch because 'they don't believe in the pitch from an organizational stand point,' it now sounds like Dan Duquette is saying they didn't even try to land Ohtani because they disagree with having to pay the posting fee.

Now, the chances of Ohtani wanting to go to a liberal wasteland with skyrocketing crime and murder rates because of a race baiting racist liberal named Marilyn Mosby are probably 0.00000%, but not even trying is just silly. That organization is terrible.

But maybe not worse than the Marlins... it sounds like their ownership is claiming they're $250,000,000 short and emailing out for investors.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2017/...-miami-marlins-new-york-yankees-bruce-sherman

The O's don't like guys on drugs

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The O's don't seem to like pitchers who don't give up 9 runs an inning ala Ubaldo