2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/1...ishment-prospects-international-signing-rules

lol did you miss this news? I honestly think you did because otherwise your post makes zero sense... when do you think those rankings were made? Not after this news, that's for damn sure.

The only prospect of any significance the Braves lost was Kevin Maitan. He's 17 years old and considered a crap shoot prospect at this point. Nice try

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

The only prospect of any significance the Braves lost was Kevin Maitan. He's 17 years old and considered a crap shoot prospect at this point. Nice try

Not cubs and doesnt fit the argument segment of this thread. Sorry heisenberg everyone else appreciates the info.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

more deranged incoherent posts

can you please for the love of god leave this thread alone and go back to your blog where you rambled about your meetings with your therapist? Here, I'll bump it for you.

Yankers made a great trade getting rid of Headley at a substantial salary, while not taking on much salary.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Ohtani already has a damaged UCL... oh man... with his frame, coming over from Japan, throwing 100 MPH, the chances of him eventually having major arm surgery was probably already through the roof... now it turns out his UCL is already damaged.

Valuist

EOG Master

Ohtani already has a damaged UCL... oh man... with his frame, coming over from Japan, throwing 100 MPH, the chances of him eventually having major arm surgery was probably already through the roof... now it turns out his UCL is already damaged.

The curse of the Angels. No team has been hit harder by injuries to their pitching staff in the last 2 years.

MrTop

EOG Master

The curse of the Angels. No team has been hit harder by injuries to their pitching staff in the last 2 years.

Angels maybe by days on DL .... but they filled it with the same type of pitcher B, C or D rated.

the mets were hurt far worse this past year..... mets staff took a bigger drop in replacement

Valuist

EOG Master

Angels maybe by days on DL .... but they filled it with the same type of pitcher B, C or D rated.

the mets were hurt far worse this past year..... mets staff took a bigger drop in replacement

The Mets had a bigger dropoff last season in terms of quality, no doubt. The Angels was more of a two year issue. Seattle was another team that has been crushed by injuries to their pitching staff. The Mariners have had 26 different starting pitchers the last 2 seasons, including 16 who made at least 5 starts.

The Mets had a bigger dropoff last season in terms of quality, no doubt. The Angels was more of a two year issue. Seattle was another team that has been crushed by injuries to their pitching staff. The Mariners have had 26 different starting pitchers the last 2 seasons, including 16 who made at least 5 starts.

Always appreciate your excellent baseball input and knowledge Valuist

Heim

EOG Master

Halos are going to a 6 man rotation to accommodate Ohtani, replicating his Japanese rest cycle, it should be interesting.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Halos are going to a 6 man rotation to accommodate Ohtani, replicating his Japanese rest cycle, it should be interesting.

I suspect it is partially to pray Richards stays healthy as well.

Cardinals got Ozuna. Send the Marlins to Montreal and rename them the Expos.

kane

EOG master

The Cardinals didn't land Stanton, but they've turned their sights on the Marlins other outfielders, there's a good chance they trade for either Ozuna or Yelich, but if they do they'll also have to take the contract of either Ziegler or Tazawa, Jeter's shit show is far from done

Ozuna goes to the Cardinals, Yelich will be the next one to go #JeterShitShow

Valuist

EOG Master

Always appreciate your excellent baseball input and knowledge Valuist

Thx.

As for the Angels, Mets and Mariners, everyone is well aware of the Mets last year, so in RSW totals, I don't think there will be any bargain. The Angels now have been snake bit two straight years, so those that hoped for a rebound last year probably have left the bandwagon. And the Mariners, like any Seattle team, are usually underrated because the East Coast media tends to ignore them.

Bingo

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Injuries are seen as luck. Not how it works. Cubs just signed Drew Smyly. I bet he gets hurt in the contract again. Mets built their team around injury prone pitchers and old position players and the predictable result happened.

Injuries aside I don't like Smylys makeup and this goes back to his college days at Arkansas. Smyly has a lot of Lackey in him.

MrTop

EOG Master

Injuries are seen as luck. Not how it works. Cubs just signed Drew Smyly. I bet he gets hurt in the contract again. Mets built their team around injury prone pitchers and old position players and the predictable result happened.

injuries to the team is luck yes.... unless baker is the manager..... call up mr pryor from the cubs.... he was something before he got hurt

players could have too much work and some arms cannot just take it....how hard they throw and type of pitch they throw perhaps too

MrTop

EOG Master

Smyly ? cubs have money problems.... is that the best they could do ?

MrTop

EOG Master

cardinals just signed osuna from marlins....more bats for cards

borus harpers agent talking to the nationals about extension....looks like the cubs have to fork over another 20 million more to get him.... borus keeps driving up the price or is it Bryce ?

You are going with the long balls then?

What is the percentages of guys divorcing their wife while battling cancer?

Demeanor. Saw him in Tempe against ASU in super regionals and he was openly dissing his own fielders on the field and he melted down. Long after he got pulled for a bad performance Arkansas hit a 9th inning HR to tie the game. While all of the Ark players were celebrating at home plate to greet the hitter Bret Eibner, Smyly instead chose to walk towards the mound and taunt the ASU pitcher for a prolonged tirade. I made a mental note of that night and have seen him fall apart and lose composure at key moments since. I think he's wired the same way Lackey is because of all of this.

Edit-I meant to quote bookbrkers first post asking why

Valuist

EOG Master

Angels close to acquiring Ian Kinsler.

Detroit is going to have to struggle to get to 65 wins. When one looks at that division, Cleveland should win 95 games by accident. Detroit is going thru a full blown implosion; the White Sox are in full rebuild mode and most of the prospects are at least a year away; KC has a bunch of free agents and doesn't figure to re-sign most; and Minnesota, only one year removed from 100 losses.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Detroit is going to have to struggle to get to 65 wins. When one looks at that division, Cleveland should win 95 games by accident. Detroit is going thru a full blown implosion; the White Sox are in full rebuild mode and most of the prospects are at least a year away; KC has a bunch of free agents and doesn't figure to re-sign most; and Minnesota, only one year removed from 100 losses.

The White Sox are in the hunt for Machado. Sounds like they may get him to flip to the Yankees.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The White Sox are silly... what if Machado gets hurt, then you tried to flip a rental and lost a shit ton of value trying to do it. The risk does not justify the reward of making a team like the Yankees overpay for him in a pennant race thinking they'll get him to sign a long term deal anyway.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Also just LOL at the belief that the south side is the kind of place where a player would love so much that he'd skip free agency to sign a long term deal with. I could see teams like the Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox, etc getting that done, but the White Sox? I doubt playing in front of 10,000 people every night will have him drinking the koolaid.

Valuist

EOG Master

A couple moves by Philadelphia: they sign Carlos Santana (3 years $60 mill) and trade Freddie Galvis to San Diego.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Santana deal very dumb

not near contention yet despite being in a bad division