2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

Valuist

EOG Master
I was wrong about this White Sox team (RSW total under 92 1/2). So much hitting depth. Jiminez goes down...no problem. Robert gets hurt. No big deal. Not sure how far they can go in the post season but teams that rely so much on the HR, like Minnesota, are having some issues this season.. The Indians just don't have enough offense. KC, after a real nice start, has looked like the Royals of recent seasons over the past two weeks.

That was some trade the Cubs made a few years back. Jimenez and Cease for Quintana. Q is now with the LAA and struggling big time.

Last edited:
Im on DET -115

KC rookie pitcher Lynch has ok stuff but has looked scared out of his mind his first two starts

Had DET priced at -140

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Sneaky strikeout prop I like is Will Crowe (Pitt) over 4.5, +148 , have only seen him offered at Fanduel

He has been striking out a nice percentage of Lefties with a good change, and SF will put 5 lefties int he lineup today. Hopefully gets the pitcher at least once also.

SF #3 K team in all of baseball last cple weeks, lefty bats vs righty arm. Also #2 K team overall regardless L/R.

Sneaky strikeout prop I like is Will Crowe (Pitt) over 4.5, +148 , have only seen him offered at Fanduel

He has been striking out a nice percentage of Lefties with a good change, and SF will put 5 lefties int he lineup today. Hopefully gets the pitcher at least once also.

SF #3 K team in all of baseball last cple weeks, lefty bats vs righty arm. Also #2 K team overall regardless L/R.

Nice one, I'll tail that. I can see he's pitching more with each start which is probably why the total on it is so low. But if he can get 6 innings in the over is very live.

Valuist

EOG Master
All the talk and hype on Burnes, and he's been very good, but Flaherty just goes out and pitches 6 shutout innings. I know wins have been devalued but it's not as if the guy has just been lucky.

TobyTyler said:

(y)

KC has lost their last 11 games.

They were just swept in 3 games vs the lowly Detroit Tigers. Before that swept by CWS (3 games) & Cleveland (4 games). Before that they lost 2 of 3 to the lowly Twins.

They are 16-20 after being 16-9.

On Friday night (May 14) they are at the CWS.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
KC has lost their last 11 games.

They were just swept in 3 games vs the lowly Detroit Tigers. Before that swept by CWS (3 games) & Cleveland (4 games). Before that they lost 2 of 3 to the lowly Twins.

They are 16-20 after being 16-9.

On Friday night (May 14) they are at the CWS.
Probably not the team to play right now. I do wonder if Chicago is a little flat after the Minn series though.

Probably not the team to play right now. I do wonder if Chicago is a little flat after the Minn series though.

TonyMar is taking a shot at KC +1.5 (game) & +1/2 (1H). So he can still win his bet & KC lose again. I wonder if he's a bit of a contrarian. Some folks advise riding streaks like this till the losing team wins one, so the play would be to keep fading KC.

TonyMar is taking a shot at KC +1.5 (game) & +1/2 (1H). So he can still win his bet & KC lose again. I wonder if he's a bit of a contrarian. Some folks advise riding streaks like this till the losing team wins one, so the play would be to keep fading KC.
With baseball being a game of confidence with almost no off days it’s the one sport where streaks must be ridden imo.

But where do u start on a streak? 2, 3, 6 ??

I don't blanket follow streaks, but generally feel they get overpriced around game 7 or 8 either way. Totals streaks don't get adjusted prices and can often be ridden a little more profitably, but they don't run as long either.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Yankee lineup is rough tonight. Stanton late scratch

Lemahieu
Voit
Judge
Sanchez
Frazier
Gardner
Andujar
Higaskaska
Wade

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I don't blanket follow streaks, but generally feel they get overpriced around game 7 or 8 either way. Totals streaks don't get adjusted prices and can often be ridden a little more profitably, but they don't run as long either.

Doesn't matter. If you start a streak at 5...once 5 goes to 6...ur in a position to ride it and not lose money...until the streak ends

Doesn't matter. If you start a streak at 5...once 5 goes to 6...ur in a position to ride it and not lose money...until the streak ends

If you start fading every team after 4 straight loses on their 5th game with the opponent you're betting on at -200 or -300, then you need to win at a high rate to get a profit. Win the first game & lose the next & it's a net loss.

Last edited:

Ray Luca

EOG Master
If you start fading every team after 4 straight loses on their 5th game with the opponent you're betting on at -200 or -300, then you need to win at a high right to get a profit. Win the first game & lose the next & it's a net loss.

You should only risk their money after the first win of any streak regardless where you start.

Once you win the first game of a streak...you continue betting on a win streak or against a losing streak. I used to start them at 6. Once a 6 went to 7, that's all I cared about. If game 7 did not go to 8, I break even. If 6 goes all the way to 14...payday.
I always felt starting the streaks under 6, involved too many bets

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Cple K props I'm playing are Bundy Over 5.5 (-115 at MGM) - Bundy has good career K numbers vs few guys that will be in Sox lineup. Only 67 pitches last game.

and if Ian Anderson is 4.5 I will hit that pretty hard, even if juiced some. Most likely will be 5.5 though and I'll still bet it but like half amount.

Valuist

EOG Master
Lester returns to Wrigley. 6 years with the Cubs and they had no interest in re-signing him while signing Arrieta. Not saying that was wrong, but have to believe Lester is going to be 100% focused tonight. Maybe it won't matter, but whatever he has, he should show it tonight.