2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Lester returns to Wrigley. 6 years with the Cubs and they had no interest in re-signing him while signing Arrieta. Not saying that was wrong, but have to believe Lester is going to be 100% focused tonight. Maybe it won't matter, but whatever he has, he should show it tonight.

I have $500 on Cubs ml.

Valuist

EOG Master
That White Sox lineup tonight looks like a shell of what they are at their peak. Like Fair Warning mentioned earlier, Abreu is out. But look at that outfield: Mendick, Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia. Not exactly the 27 Yankees. No wonder why the Twins were taking money despite starting a lefty.

That White Sox lineup tonight looks like a shell of what they are at their peak. Like Fair Warning mentioned earlier, Abreu is out. But look at that outfield: Mendick, Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia. Not exactly the 27 Yankees. No wonder why the Twins were taking money despite starting a lefty.
Lineup looks great

Not a single lefty bat in the starting 9

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CWS are 23-1 the last two years against lefty starters with an .853 OPS

The White Sox lost to lefty Mike Minor the other day, HEISENBERG.

I believe the record is now 23-2.

I only mention it because Mike Minor has both wins against the White Sox since the start of the 2020 MLB season.

And would you believe Minor is miserable when facing a team for a second time in a season.

His ERA is over 9.00 over the past two seasons when teams get to see Minor a second time.

Valuist

EOG Master
roids ? different player

I don't think so. He was the first pick in the draft a number of years ago. Always had enormous potential. Some guys take a little longer to figure it out.

What did the White Sox end up with 16 runs? Not bad for the junior varsity lineup.

The White Sox lost to lefty Mike Minor the other day, HEISENBERG.

I believe the record is now 23-2.

I only mention it because Mike Minor has both wins against the White Sox since the start of the 2020 MLB season.

And would you believe Minor is miserable when facing a team for a second time in a season.

His ERA is over 9.00 over the past two seasons when teams get to see Minor a second time.
Good info JK and thanks for the update

MrTop

EOG Master
Longtime Twins fan and as talented as Buxton is he’s somewhat of an enigma.

Always coming up with a different injury every time it looks like he’s making progress with a different aspect of his game

covers a lot of ground in the OF.... could be one of the top CF... the twins seem like never win when he is out

Valuist

EOG Master
Longtime Twins fan and as talented as Buxton is he’s somewhat of an enigma.

Always coming up with a different injury every time it looks like he’s making progress with a different aspect of his game
'
He does seen injury prone. But no doubt a winning player and he can make up for a lot of pitching mistakes with all the ground he covers.

But the power at the plate has been impressive. As bad as the Twins look now, they may have some value for awhile once he gets back.

Agree with both of you guys on Buxton. His biggest asset has always been his glove and the enormous range he has playing CF

Hes definitely figuring out how to barrel up as his exit velocities were through the roof this season. Plate discipline will be what it takes for him to live up to his former # 1 MLB prospect status

SF + 108

After his last start Luis Castillo had given up 38 runs which was 9 more than any other MLB pitcher.

The Reds have only won one of his starts this season

Desclafani has pitched well and going against the team that let him go

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I'm drinking a LOT of juice with JT Brubaker Ks over 4.5 at MGM, - 150

STL has some young heavy K guys at bottom of lineup

Nice to have a K prop guy on a poor hitting team like the Pirates you need thst other pitcher getting least 2 ABs

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I swear I had Castillo on my K list for today but his number was 6.5 which was 1 too high I thought lol

His velocity was up last game 97/98

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I don't know

Opposing view on it would be looks likw they are watching his season pitch count and hasn't gone over 93 yet

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I'm drinking a LOT of juice with JT Brubaker Ks over 4.5 at MGM, - 150

STL has some young heavy K guys at bottom of lineup

Nice to have a K prop guy on a poor hitting team like the Pirates you need thst other pitcher getting least 2 ABs
Well not so terrible to lose within 15 minutes

Valuist

EOG Master
Atlanta is minus 180 or so? I don't get it. Morton has been terrible this year.

Have to look under 4 1/2 first 5 between the Giants and Reds. Gausman having a great season and toss out Miley's last start, which was in Coors. Draw a line thru any pitcher's last start at Coors. His start before Coors? A no hitter.

Last edited:

Have to look under 4 1/2 first 5 between the Giants and Reds. Gausman having a great season and toss out Miley's last start, which was in Coors. Draw a line thru any pitcher's last start at Coors. His start before Coors? A no hitter.
Agreed

I have ATL priced -120

David Peterson is a sneaky good arm and ATL OPS against LHP is only .679

MIA First 5 + 110

Love Trevor Rogers and if he stays healthy he’s on his way to being one of the most dominant lefty’s in MLB

Crazy price on Mets, I got +170. Two teams going in opposite directions at the moment and I get the big price on the team trending up?

That no-hitter looks a little flukey to me. I think Giants have a big edge in this one, love the price on them. Can see the case for the under too.

Valuist

EOG Master
Time to address the elephant in the room. Guess what team in second in MLB in home runs?

Would you guess San Francisco? Nobody saw this coming. Brandon Crawford with 11 home runs? Posey hitting like .360 or so. Belt hitting for good power. It just doesn't seem sustainable. A bunch of older veterans get off to a great start I just can see them wilting in the back half of the schedule. And their starters? It's Cincinnati West. West Coast Skyline Chili. Cueto, DeSclafani, Gausman and Wood all pitched in the the Queen City, How long can that rotation sustain its success?

CLE -125

MIN is playing their 4 the game in 3 days
WED Minneapolis
THUR Anaheim
FRI Cleveland

That is a brutal travel schedule and MIN is playing bad baseball. Dobnak makes his first start today while he’s been getting beat up coming out of the pen.

MrTop

EOG Master
CLE -125

MIN is playing their 4 the game in 3 days
WED Minneapolis
THUR Anaheim
FRI Cleveland

That is a brutal travel schedule and MIN is playing bad baseball. Dobnak makes his first start today while he’s been getting beat up coming out of the pen.

cruz is ? for minny

TB/TOR First 5 under -115

Glasnow vs Kay

Wind blowing straight in at 18 mph

One of the better arms in baseball in Glasnow going against a lefty facing a team with a meager .664 OPS against LHP