2021 MLB thread

Heim

EOG Master
Something has to give with the Mariners. 19-6 in one run game, 10-1 in extra inning games.

And oh my, that run differential.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Am I missing something with this DET/MIN line today?

Sure, Manning sucks but what has Maeda done this season?

Seems like insane value on the Tigers.

MrTop

EOG Master
Am I missing something with this DET/MIN line today?

Sure, Manning sucks but what has Maeda done this season?

Seems like insane value on the Tigers.

i thought the same.. but maeda beat boyd 3-2 @ detroit -180 back in april ...........boyd better than manning

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Went to the Yakees AA game vs Tigers, Torkelson absolutely destroyed a ball. Was stunning. I think he's considered top 5 at this point.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Dodgers in trouble. Bitch-slap not coming back any time soon and now Kersh out with arm issue. Bellinger can't hit a beach ball, Betts well below form, Pollock stinks, and the BP is fraught with suspect ability.

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought they were going to go to the Cleveland Rockers, tying it to the R & R HoF, but I'm sure some might have found that racist, saying that rock and roll is primarily white, although the R&RHoF has plenty of rappers and R & B acts in it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

They do this on the fly, meanwhile the WFT can't figure out a name. Just go for it, Washington Idiots. Nothing like a little self-deprecating humor, imagine how many "IDIOTS" shirts, caps and hoodies they could sell!

Valuist

EOG Master
Zach Gallen with a career road ERA under 3....something even Garrett Cole can't claim. I see Contreras, Happ and Wisdom all absent from starting lineup. I know the line reflects it, but hard to play Arizona full game as their bullpen is absolute trash.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Im bored with no pucks and CFL not starting for a bit, any opinion on this Angels-Twins series?

Angels coming off rest a couple days ago and the Twins on a streak of 8 games in 6 days continuing, has to catch up to you at some point? Today is 9th game in 7 days

Zach Gallen with a career road ERA under 3....something even Garrett Cole can't claim. I see Contreras, Happ and Wisdom all absent from starting lineup. I know the line reflects it, but hard to play Arizona full game as their bullpen is absolute trash.
This was pretty much my exact thoughts on my BB of the day. We see how that worked out. :)

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Cleveland is not "guarding" their bases very well. In first Inning the TB Rays already scoring on loaded bases.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I jumped on the Angels as a small play just based on the recent rest and consecutive games and DHeaders for the Twins recently despite having Walsh and Ohtani not starting for the Angels

Valuist

EOG Master
Rich Hill was traded by Tampa. This says a lot. Hill's game scores in his 8 starts leading up to June 5: 68, 60, 70, 74, 64. 75, 61 and 66. Then they started checking for the sticky stuff and here's his game scores since: 41, 37, 56, 30, 56, 43 and 43. They know what's happening. Pitchers don't improve leaving Tampa. Hill is under even money to be retired before start of 2022 season.

Valuist

EOG Master
I just live bet this Cubs totla Over 7.5 -115. I think this game is about to explode with some runs.
'
I bet it over 8 1/2 after the 2nd inning. I figured the Arizona bullpen would implode at some point but it was the Cubs' pen that did. At 7-2 I figured the money was in the bank, then had to sweat out an hour and a half delay before they played the bottom of the 9th. I was definitely concerned they were going to call the game after 8 innings and void the bet.

Valuist

EOG Master
A couple of top line pitchers showing clear signs of red flags: Kevin Gausman and Yu Darvish.

Gausman top line? He definitely was going into the All-Star break. Sticky stuff candidate or just a regression candidate? The last 2 starts were horrific; game scores of 31 and 19. Let's look at his control.. In 14 of his first 15 starts, he walked 2 or less. In his last 5 starts, he's walked 3 or more in 4 out of 5. And to implode at home vs Pittsburgh? The clock may have struck midnight.

Darvish is going today. He had a run of game scores from April 6 to May 23 that was very impressive: 68,72, 78, 71, 70, 56, 57, and 64. Since the start of July, he's had 3 starts: a 44, an 18 and a 52. But the 52 came on 12 days rest; we saw quite a few pitchers on 10-12 days rest due to the AS break come out and have very strong outings. A 52 isn't horrible, but it is less than what one would expect from a fully rested Darvish. His velocity is down about 2 mph from a month ago, but it is around the same level when he was rolling back in April and May. His control hasn't gotten worse. He may rebound with a strong effort vs a weak Miami lineup. Not going to bet that game but if he has any struggles vs that weak lineup, he's definitely descending.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Adam Frazier to Padres. They have a tight infield. Will it propel them past 3rd place. Good move. Pirates going nowhere.

Valuist

EOG Master
FWIW, during the White Sox/Brewers game last night, they did show Keuchel in the dugout during the game. The significance of that? Most next day starting pitchers fly a day ahead of the team. Maybe it won't matter, but still surprising to see.