2021 MLB thread

Valuist

EOG Master
I'd be careful with St. Louis. It was only back in August when the Yankees went on a 13 game winning streak. Then they went and lost 11 of their next 13 as they came back to earth.

I'd be careful with St. Louis. It was only back in August when the Yankees went on a 13 game winning streak. Then they went and lost 11 of their next 13 as they came back to earth.

Already got Brewers today, hoping to get a real juicy price on Cubs to win weekend series too as I think they have so much progressing youth they will be going harder to win.

After that Padres loss and their general malaise for the last 6 weeks, can anyone even think of betting them? Only spot that might make sense is game after Giants clinch division.

Miami feels really strong to me today. Got their young ace going in his last start playing a team that figures to be as disinterested as can be after losing out in the playoff race.

Heim

EOG Master
I thought TOR Ray was a lock for the Cy Young. Not sure now. He's
regressed, especially against right handed bats.

Luckily I stayed off him yesterday.

kane

EOG master
Miami feels really strong to me today. Got their young ace going in his last start playing a team that figures to be as disinterested as can be after losing out in the playoff race.
No Realmuto, Segura, McCutcheon, I'm assuming Harper plays since he's got a shot at MVP, Sandy is a stud, hopefully the fish can score enough runs tonight, that's been a problem all season. BTW, one of the rare trades that Jeter won when he got him from the Cardinals

At some point you have to say a line is ridiculous. Jays minus 3 bills plus is ridiculous. Orioles still look engaged winning the Sox series, bet they would love to spoil the Jays now. Plus historically the Orioles have done well against the Jays despite being a pretty horrible team for decades.

kane

EOG master

Derek Jeter prepares for 'active' offseason to try to turn Miami Marlins into a winner​

"Active offseason"? LMAO, to Jeter an active offseason means trying to sign some mediocre veterans to one year deals for as cheap as he can get them, he'll sign guys like Corey Dickerson, Michael Conforto, and Matt Duffy. The Marlins desperately need help at third base, I can promise you Kris Bryant isn't waling through that door

MrTop

EOG Master
"Active offseason"? LMAO, to Jeter an active offseason means trying to sign some mediocre veterans to one year deals for as cheap as he can get them, he'll sign guys like Corey Dickerson, Michael Conforto, and Matt Duffy. The Marlins desperately need help at third base, I can promise you Kris Bryant isn't waling through that door

Jeter doing the job in 2021... he has more wins than last year 2020..... and less losses than 2019

fantastic job ! right on schedule . should have a winner about 2030

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
yankees in boston are favorites -115 cole vs mr undecided

evaldi i think ....evoldi is 0-2 vs cole... home and away

evaldi 2-4 vs yanks this year

cole is 2-2 vs boston this year

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Do you think those linemakers know what they are doing with the season win totals? I had KC over 73 1/2 wins. They finish with 74. I had the Reds under 82 1/2. They had 82 going into today, but that didn't end well. Two bets, both lined within a half game of the final standings.

I have pretty much lost interest in baseball now, couldn't care less who wins or loses it. Feels like Giants are only real newcomer here, rest is just rehashing past season playoffs. I guess I hope the Rays win it, the players and organization deserve a title for all they have done with no resources or fan base but that's not enough to get me to watch games.

Valuist

EOG Master
I have pretty much lost interest in baseball now, couldn't care less who wins or loses it. Feels like Giants are only real newcomer here, rest is just rehashing past season playoffs. I guess I hope the Rays win it, the players and organization deserve a title for all they have done with no resources or fan base but that's not enough to get me to watch games.

I would love to see the Rays in it, but the MLB leading 703 bullpen innings could be a problem. At least in most years it could. But with all teams coming off a 60 game season in 2020, pitcher fatigue should be less of a factor this year.

Valuist

EOG Master
Hard to imagine a lot of runs in the F5 of today's Cards/Dodgers game. You will have shadows. These teams have 239 combined plate appearances against the opposing starter, with a grand total of only 2 home runs. Strikeout/walk ratio of 73 strikeouts to only 4 walks. The Dodgers have batted over .280 vs Wainwright but with little power and only a .699 OPS while St Louis has a horrendous .452 OPS vs Scherzer.