2022 Dead Pool -- Players edition

Valuist

EOG Master
In this variation, we look for players whose careers are finished.

For MLB, how many of these players will play even one game in 2023:

Jason Hayward
Yohan Cespedes
Andrew McCutcheon
Miguel Sano
Robinson Cano
Dallas Keuchel

NFL= 2022
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Adrian Peterson
Carlos Hyde
Jarred Cook
Julio Jones

I'm sure there's quite a few I've missed.

Edit-
Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Gronk, TY Hilton. All fit

More MLB: Zach Davies, John Gant. Rich Hill, Charlie Morton

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Love it.

A graveyard with headstones would serve as great artwork for VALUIST's idea here.

I was sad to see Dallas Keuchel get DFA'd by the White Sox.

Keuchel's name had some legacy value even in the betting marketplace.

But he had no chance to compete against big-league hitters.

Often times, the players are the last to know they're done.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I have NEVER been a Jason Hayward fan.

Same with Justin Upton - a true "compiler" - put up impressive stats in 100% meaningless situations

Dallass Keuchel will 100% pitch in MLB this season. How long - who knows but I am 100% sure he does. Should he? That is another question. I think he might play in 2023, too.

I could see Julio Jones playing in the NFL this season. Same with Jared Cook. 2023? Dicey

Valuist

EOG Master
Andrelton Simmons

DFA'd this week.

And the Cubs announce Jason Hayward will be let go after this season. Had to be one of the worst big contract signings. And Brian Kenny was just on MLB Network defending the signing. Seriously? Kenny is rambling on about his base running and defense. Sorry Brian, but the analytics are frying your brain. When you're an outfielder, its about hitting, hitting and hitting.

Speaking of the Cubs, an interesting pickup IMO of Franmil Reyes. Yes, he's terrible this year. But the last two full seasons of 2021 and 2019 he topped 30 home runs. Considering how good Wrigley is to RH pull power, Reyes is an interesting Comeback Player of the year next year.