2023 Deaths (Pool)......

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
John Brockington, one of the few good players from the early 70s Packers. Died at 74.

John Brockington
was an All-Pro running back for the Green Bay Packers. In 1971, he broke the NFL rookie rushing record when he ran for 1,105 yards, and then became the first NFL player to rush for over 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons. He tallied 5,024 yards for the Packers in all, making him one of the team’s all-time running backs, and earning him a place in the Packers Hall of Fame.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzegerald one of the best songs written.....RIP
Does any one know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay
If they'd put fifteen more miles behind her
They might have split up or they might have capsized
They may have broke deep and took water
And all that remains is the faces and the names
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Gordon Lightfoot one of the greatest singer song writers of all time. i love the song "Sundown". Great Lyrics that i have quoted so many times. As a life long Bettor/Gambler this line as much meaning.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again"

Then just living life from the same song.

"Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain"

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
A very good documentary on Gordon Lightfoot from 2019 titled. If you could read my mind.
That dude led a very interesting life. He battled addiction and heart break which he put down in song lyrics that were genius.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Gordon Lightfoot one of the greatest singer song writers of all time. i love the song "Sundown". Great Lyrics that i have quoted so many times. As a life long Bettor/Gambler this line as much meaning.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again"

Then just living life from the same song.

"Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain"

the Detroit Free Press had a nice article about Gordon Lightfoot today:

https://www.freep.com/story/enterta...nger-gordon-lightfoot-dies-at-84/70173114007/

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated
I finally got use out of my Echo last night playing a bunch of Gordon Lightfoot songs I hadn't heard in forever.
Sundown some fantastic lines and written about his GF at the time groupie Cathy Smith. She was the one that later administered the lethal injection in John Belushi.