2023 Deaths (Pool)......

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Barry Newman, 92, starred in Petrocelli, Vanishing Point, and Mirror Cracked. Also had multiple Broadway roles. No cause of death.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Prior to becoming the Giants manager, Roger Craig was the pitching coach for the Detroit Tigers during the time period when we won the World Series in 1984 for Sparky Anderson. He taught the pitchers, the split finger fast ball that Jack Morris mastered.
He left the Tigers after that great 1984 season to join the Giants, because the Tigers would not give him a raise 😳

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
He left the Tigers after that great 1984 season to join the Giants, because the Tigers would not give him a raise 😳
Sounds like something the Tigers would have done under the Jim Campbell administration. He was known for his stinginess for years and years.

railbird

EOG Master
i had a forkball in summer ball of 85 that was dropping off the table, took 3 weeks off and i could not throw it as well
He was 93. Not like he died of AIDS or Covid.

He was 93.

Sentence ends there
this is the dipshit that gave jim kelly 6 months to live 8 years ago because his mom worked at the hospital

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Pat Robertson, the conservative evangelist and media mogul who galvanized the modern Christian right, cultivated a massive national following and regularly drew criticism for his incendiary political statements, died Thursday, his official website said. He was 93.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
George Winston, who during decades when pop and rock dominated the musical landscape became a best-selling musician by playing soothing piano instrumentals in a style that was often described as new age but that he liked to call “rural folk piano,” died on Sunday in Williamsport, Pa. He was 74.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pat Robertson, the conservative evangelist and media mogul who galvanized the modern Christian right, cultivated a massive national following and regularly drew criticism for his incendiary political statements, died Thursday, his official website said. He was 93.

How can we forget this GEM from Pat - one of many like it:

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Pasquale Caputo....also known as the great Pat Cooper.....man was he funny as hell on Stern.....thought he already left us.....RIP at 93

railbird

EOG Master
the world is now a better place
Mark 13:13 You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And everyone will hate you because you are my followers. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Mark 13:13 You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And everyone will hate you because you are my followers. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Pasquale Caputo....also known as the great Pat Cooper.....man was he funny as hell on Stern.....thought he already left us.....RIP at 93
i thought the same as you. i would have thought he died years ago.
He was an interesting Guy. i remember he never got along with family. Was always feuding with his kids. Seemed like a real tough guy to get along with.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
There is some overlap in the Venn diagram of sharp sports bettors and blackjack APs.
With that in mind, –
Arnold Snyder was a long time publisher (Blackjack Forum), author, and prominent member of the blackjack AP community.
I had lunch with him once, nice guy.
In the days before the Internet, there was not much valid AP information anywhere. The quarterly Blackjack Forum was my favorite source of AP info for many years.
Not sure cause of death.
Apparently he had been in the hospital for a while, maybe pneumonia.
I guess he was in his 70s