2023 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Anyone use www.ballparkpal.com for data?

Tough loss for anyone on the Seattle/Cleveland under yesterday. It was 2-1 after 8 innings. Then both teams kept scoring their invisible runners in extra innings. It ended 6-5. Just a terrible rule.

MrTop

EOG Master
Running Top 10 2023 YTD #SportsBetting handle by state (March in CAPS):

1 NEW YORK $5.07B
2 New Jersey $1.93B
3 Ohio $1.75B
4 Nevada ~$1.6B
5 Pennsylvania $1.37B
6 MARYLAND $1.17B
7 Illinois $1.07B
8 Colorado $972.3M
9 Virginia ~$947M
10 Michigan $848.1M

Ray Luca

EOG Master

1 NEW YORK $5.07B
2 New Jersey $1.93B
3 Ohio $1.75B
4 Nevada ~$1.6B
5 Pennsylvania $1.37B
6 MARYLAND $1.17B
7 Illinois $1.07B
8 Colorado $972.3M
9 Virginia ~$947M
10 Michigan $848.1M

Where is that NY # from?

Ray Luca

EOG Master
off of someone on twitter... sportshandle original source

i think NYC has about 6 books ?

I don't think one is in nyc. Allowed to bet but how are they counting? Fanduel DK etc breaks down bets placed from NYC residents?

MrTop

EOG Master
I don't think one is in nyc. Allowed to bet but how are they counting? Fanduel DK etc breaks down bets placed from NYC residents?

they are open in NYC... just online .... there is a software wall. you can be from any state to play BUT you have to place the bet from NYC

Valuist

EOG Master
Its early...played bad teams but only scored under 5 runs twice. Killing the books...covered RL all but 1

I know you are big on SOS, and so am I. The day they lose that first game, they are an auto fade the following game. We might get some value at some point fading them. They're good; not great.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I know you are big on SOS, and so am I. The day they lose that first game, they are an auto fade the following game. We might get some value at some point fading them. They're good; not great.
Rays, AZ, Cleveland, possibly the Cubs are the teams that put the ball in play, putting pressure on the D.

I like the Cubs +145 tonight. I’ve been high on Steele, personally think he’s better than Synegaard at this stage.

Valuist

EOG Master

1 NEW YORK $5.07B
2 New Jersey $1.93B
3 Ohio $1.75B
4 Nevada ~$1.6B
5 Pennsylvania $1.37B
6 MARYLAND $1.17B
7 Illinois $1.07B
8 Colorado $972.3M
9 Virginia ~$947M
10 Michigan $848.1M
How about Ohio topping Nevada.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Oakland is …well Oakland. The good news is they get to face Carlos Carrasco, who hasn’t been good. The ball carries better during the day in Oakland also. Playing A’S TT over 3.5 -115.

Valuist

EOG Master
11 am Eastern start for the Patriots day game in Boston. Trout not in the starting lineup. The way to play it, IMO? F5 under 4. Trout likely gets a pinch hit appearance later on in a high leverage situation but that's why go F5.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
11 am Eastern start for the Patriots day game in Boston. Trout not in the starting lineup. The way to play it, IMO? F5 under 4. Trout likely gets a pinch hit appearance later on in a high leverage situation but that's why go F5.

That was quick.

Valuist

EOG Master
I was glad to see the Cubs beat the Dodgers yesterday but there was some brutal ball/strike calls in the 9th inning against LA. Sean Barber was the umpire. His strike zone was enormous.

I guess umpires can change. This guy was 28-15 to the over in 2020-2021. But something has clearly changed. He's 0-3 to the under this year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I was glad to see the Cubs beat the Dodgers yesterday but there was some brutal ball/strike calls in the 9th inning against LA. Sean Barber was the umpire. His strike zone was enormous.

Saturday and Sunday had a few that were missed. Dodgers were fortunate to win a game.

kane

EOG master
Major League Baseball announced multiple possible rule changes Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. The new rules will be tested in the Atlantic League, an independent minor league partnered with MLB.

The changes that MLB is looking at are a “designated pinch runner, ‘double-hook’ designated hitter rule and further limitations on a pitcher’s ability to make pickoff moves,” reported the AP.

A “designated pinch runner,” would allow a baseball team to place a bench player into the game as a substitute baserunner. Despite making a replacement, both players would be allowed to return to the game. Under current rules, a baseball player is no longer allowed to play in a game once substituted.

The “double-hook” designated hitter rule is more of a punishment towards teams, rather than additional leverage like the designated pinch runner. If a team’s starting pitcher doesn’t go five innings, they will lose their designated hitter (DH), while they’ll get to keep it if a pitcher goes the full five. If they don’t, their pitcher spot in the lineup will be forced to hit for the rest of that particular game.