E$

EOG Dedicated
Sounds like they found his body.

Doesn’t say where or how he died.

Sad story.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated
RIP

I never have bet with this book. Not sure I would feel to good about having my money there now.
If his family and friends didn't have anything to do with it than thoughts with them.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
America is the land of the free. I can go anywhere I want and do whatever I want even broke. I can’t do that in Costa Rica or Jamaica and even Mexico or any of those other shit countries. No thanks. When you’re white, you’re not safe in those places.

Think about all the bullshit that happened with 5dimes within the past 5 years. So many unauthorized charges by debit or credit or whatever in customer accounts. I’m so damn aware and so damn good, I called this a while back too and that’s why I left.

Dude was probably a piece of shit who didn’t care who he stepped over.

railbird

EOG Master
I liked tony, we talked for 3 hours one day, he was putting up regional little league lines in 2002, was the first to have mma odds, high school football, minor league hockey. His wife was in on the kidnapping, sad story.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
and instead of eulogizing Tony, you respond to me for your 1st response
It’s a tragedy to you because he posted little league and HS football lines.

Here’s an idea - maybe you can leave our shithole country and move to CR and take over for Tony. That will allow you to make lines on all of the sports that you can bet $100 at.

Hard to feel for Tony the Bookie, but Tony the person with a family, RIP.

BETTINGPROPHETS

EOG Veteran
arcticle is misleading says his wife paid 750K in BTC to a family member and then money was wired to a CUBAN bank account?? can any other nationalities hold a Cuban bank account other than a Cuban??

mr merlin

EOG Master
The more that comes out, the more you realize it wasnt a kidnapping. highly likely someone very close to him did it, the kidnapping story is a cover for murder.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
17k followers by the way Pier

Pierluigi Buccioli @pier0
35m
I read in the comments to the news that 5Dimes Tony was found dead that "not a single person has stated anything positive about the guy ever". That's actually not true. From 2007 to 2013, while running Bookmakers Review, I dealt with him on a regular basis and...

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
While tragic, I suspect there’ll forever be more questions than answers with this murder mystery.
This story is like an iceberg where we’ve got only 10% of the facts while 90% of wtf happened has not, nor will
ever be verified.

I was immediately suspicious when I read the term CR Judiciary Police, which Is an oxymoron.
And in a country without a military, there must be a profound state of corruption that would make the cosa nostra envious.

RIP Tony.

MrTop

EOG Master
While tragic, I suspect there’ll forever be more questions than answers with this murder mystery.
This story is like an iceberg where we’ve got only 10% of the facts while 90% of wtf happened has not, nor will
ever be verified.

I was immediately suspicious when I read the term CR Judiciary Police, which Is an oxymoron.
And in a country without a military, there must be a profound state of corruption that would make the cosa nostra envious.

RIP Tony.

I am pretty sure that CR is under the umbrella of the USA with a treaty. CR doesn't need a military.

Heim

EOG Master
"Costa Rica was once the primary hub of the online sports betting industry, and reports of violent crime weren’t uncommon in those early ‘wild west’ days. Local media has reported a recent rise in abductions of foreign nationals, including US and Chinese ex-pats, suggesting that industry members who continue to operate in the region may need to take extra precautions to ensure their safety. "

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Talked with a few of my buddies down there in CR today....they are in the dark just as much as we are...they don’t know what to think....

Heim

EOG Master
I watch these U.S couples with money on HGTV looking to buy in CR. Naturally the wife is all about the view and the water. They push their husbands to buy with a total disregard for their safety. Those countries are a land of opportunity...you give them a opportunity they'll rip you off blind.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I had a love hate relationship with Tony. He hated me and made it known at every turn. Banning me two seperate times and limiting me to 75$ while having a losing baseball season (nothing ever changes in that regard) he hung a bunch of game of the year college football lines with 250 limits and I hit them multiple times for almost my balance and I quickly got the email to contact live support. Never voided the bets just moved the lines. I could tell he loved talking smack just as much as winning and booking bets. A true competitor.

He asked me once what I do when not attempting to to steal his money and I said I play poker and Im not stealing anything. He replied well go cry on your cards and steal from someone else. Haha. Always paid.
I always respected him. RIP. Very sad story on every level.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
FREAK said:
It is with sadness, I report the passing of "Tony" from 5 Dimes.

"Tony" was just a moniker for William Sean Creighton.

He was reported missing a few weeks ago and full details aren't really known. Reports that he was kidnapped and a ransom demand of one million dollars was asked. As I stated details into this aspect aren't 100% confirmed.

The last contact with "Tony" was on September 24th when he dropped off a co-worker after work and his car was found along side of a road. Again full details are unknown.

Anyone that knew "Tony" will tell you he loved gaming, that was his passion and he never looked at it as work.

I started back with "Tony" before I opened up the first forum which ultimately turned into this current location. "Tony" was a big supporter of the forum in the beginning years of this site and sponsored many big money contests to help get me going. I'll be forever grateful for what he did for me and treated me as if I was part of the family. That's just the way he was.

At times he could be a real son of a gun and prick but overall he was a pioneer and did things fairly for everyone. You couldn't ask for more than that.

I send condolences to his family and his extended family at the 5 Dimes group.

Writing this post has been very difficult as a lot of good times and memorable times have flooded my memory banks.

We lost a great one and he will never be replaced.

FREAK

FREAK said:
I've spoken to several people that all believe that this was done by somebody really close to "Tony"

1. Where were his bodyguards?
2. Why did it take until the next day for him to be reported missing by his wife.
3. Why did the wife wire money to a family member to pay the ransom.

The overall thought process is that this was a set up and planned for sometime and someone within the inner circle was in on it.

Also there is a feeling that this will never be solved.

Personally it's just a bad overall situation. For the sake of his family, I hope this gets resolved quickly and that the family and friends can come to grips with this tragedy and it doesn't drag on.
FREAK said:
I've been asked if it is still safe to have $ at 5 Dimes?

"Tony" was the face of the business. However the backers of the group have deep pockets to my knowledge. There should be no problems in getting paid.

If you are worried, then ease your fears and cash out. I don't have inside information to their daily activities but I can assure you they are moving forward and have been as business as usual.

If you recall a few years back, I did put red flags in regards to the situation with the Amazon Gift Card fiasco and the DOJ involvement. I did suggest you cash out back then as there was blow back and it was uncertain of what was going to take place.

At that point, I took down all banners for 5 Dimes and stopped recommending them. That was and still is a safeguard for the members and readers of the forum.

You do what you feel is right for you and your money. You will get paid as has everyone else before. This is a totally different scenario but at the same time will likely shine some light on them if and when an investigation comes forth.

At this time, I still side with not having money there and that hasn't changed since the Amazon Gift Certificate issues.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I give everybody the benefit of the doubt but when you consistently show evil and negative signs, that’s when it becomes a problem.

I’m against branded anybody for life. If you commit a rape, you’re a rapist for life. If you steal, you’re a thief for life. If you beat women, you’re a women beater for life. If you kill dogs, you’re a dog killer for life. No. It doesn’t work like that. Vegas shooter pulled off the most horrific shooting in American history and he had no background but he showed signs of somebody evil within that year.

5dimes showed something evil within the past few years and it was consistent. Not just Tony talking smack but the consistent shit talk, arrogance and ignorance surrounding his own customers. You claim security beefed up but why did unauthorized charges continue to happen at an alarming rate? Why be a dick to many people who didn’t do shit to you?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
That’s awesome had no clue they have been offering that too
Heard you had your PLAY OF THE YEAR last week! Exciting stuff! It hit i assume? You must have had a brilliant angle for a PLAY OF THE YEAR play. Something so amazing that gave you a tremendous edge off a bad line maybe. "Customers" must have put down 100 units for this one, no? Assuming so since there are regular 10 unit plays, the PLAY OF THE YEAR had to be at least a 100 unit play!!!