A Scott Landau sighting

Re: A Scott Landau sighting

With friends like these who needs enemies?

There can be no reason why any American could ever support the behavior of the young people in the above video, their views are both disrespectful and racist and totally uncalled for.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

Pretty ironic comments in here from the 2 biggest racists on the site.

Obviously a video made by a person with an agenda who hates Jews, just like the d4g cousin who stormed the Holocaust Museum today.

The views of the people in this video are indeed disrespectful, and are not representative of how Jews or Israelis feel about Obama. The guy yelling about the numbers on his grandma's arm isn't even Jewish. His shirt says RAILBIRD on it.

Here is the real Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVvMJdvEX8

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Hey Railbird, how 'bout a video showing school children blown up on buses by suicidal jihadists. Whoops, can't have that. Or thousands of missles launched indiscrimately into civilian areas. Or the beheading of Daniel Pearl and others. Barbarians can hardly be expected to post the truth at a forum. There is no crime beyond their reach.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

RB is an intolerant piece of shit who thinks that everyone who doesn't believe as he does is going to hell. Ironic, since he's already living there.

Pretty ironic comments in here from the 2 biggest racists on the site.

Obviously a video made by a person with an agenda who hates Jews, just like the d4g cousin who stormed the Holocaust Museum today.

The views of the people in this video are indeed disrespectful, and are not representative of how Jews or Israelis feel about Obama. The guy yelling about the numbers on his grandma's arm isn't even Jewish. His shirt says RAILBIRD on it.

Here is the real Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVvMJdvEX8

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

railbird

EOG Master

RB is an intolerant piece of shit who thinks that everyone who doesn't believe as he does is going to hell. Ironic, since he's already living there.

There are some Jews not going to hell, they are called Messianic Jews. intolerant? That is an Oprah Winfrey word. Intolerant is a word from the bowels of hell.

June 10th, 2009

Why Max Blumenthal's video is important

Tons of people have commented on Max Blumenthal's video from Jerusalem. It's about time that Adam Horowitz and I, who run this site, offer our views of the matter. My response is bound to be positive, because it created more traffic for this site than anything in our history (certainly anything I've posted!). That said, here is why his video is important journalism: because it reveals an essential component of Israeli and Zionist society that has largely been covered up.

You can argue about Blumenthal's method all night long. I won't be there for that argument. Is the video somewhat sensational? Of course. But the views expressed are shocking, and, while they are obviously cherrypicked, they are representative of a real current in Israeli society; and a journalist who is on to something important should have the freedom to highlight shocking stuff. That's how journalism works. You don't show readers your out-takes.

Does drunkenness matter? Not really. It didn't exonerate Mel Gibson. And as to the comparison to the frat boys that Sacha Baran Cohen set up on his bus in Borat, plying them with liquor, imagine if Cohen had been touring the south during the days of segregation and had produced such film, would anyone have objected? Of course not. Jim Crow needed to be explained by exploring the underlying racist attitudes. The cruel Israeli occupation, which is so utterly contemptuous of Palestinian existence, must also be explained; and these attitudes explain it.

As to the revelation, Americans have been in denial about Israel's character for decades now. Bob Simon pulled the veil back in his 60 Minutes report on the hateful occupation earlier this year; and of course Gaza demonstrated utter disdain for Palestinian life on the part of the Israeli military. Blumenthal has now done his part to show that murderous racism is a real current in Israeli society, and among the American Zionists who rally to Israel. The shocking quality of his video may be a rhetorical necessity: in bringing the news home to Americans in a way that so many reasonable blogposts have failed to do. Blumenthal may even be a game-changer.

The rage at the video is evidence of the denial about Israeli extremism that has pervaded the American discourse forever. I am reading Benny Morris's One State, Two State, published by Yale Press. It includes endless descriptions of Arab violence, Arab assassinations. The fact that a rightwing settler killed Yitzhak Rabin, amid a festival of threats toward Rabin from the right, is glossed; and while Chaim Arlosoroff, an early Zionist, is cited by Morris for his binationalism, the author declines to say that Arlosoroff was murdered by rightwing Zionists. As he fails to say that the Stern Gang took out UN negotiator Folke Bernadotte in 1948. Or that rightwingers killed Jacob de Haan, a Dutch anti-Zionist who met with Arabs.

So the murderous feelings in Blumenthal's video have a long pedigree.
A friend objected that these are kids from West Orange and Bethesda. I don't see the point. Zionism has always depended on Americans; and if you look at Netanyahu's braintrust, there are many Americans who were called to Israel: Ron Dermer, Dore Gold, and Michael Oren. And who are these Americans who are called to Israel? They are Americans who don't especially believe in minority rights, but like Oren, speak of the demographic threat that Arabs pose to the Jewish majority in Israel. They are Jewish nationalists.

That seems to me the largest point of the video. Who is Israel calling to in the age of Obama? To creeps. Watching this video, even I have sympathy for Israel. We're a long way from '67, when idealistic Jews were mobilized by Israel. Now it's purely the ethnocentric. A Jewish anti-Zionist friend of mine says he has a policy, No Jew left behind. He means that even as he opposes Israeli policies, he wants to look out for the Jews. I feel the same kind of tribal loyalty. Jews have made a terrible error in Israel by fostering racist policies; and it will require the vigorous efforts of enlightened American Jews to save them. Blumenthal's video is a wake-up call.

http://www.philipweiss.org/mondoweiss/2009/06/why-max-blumenthals-video-is-important.html

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

You are a liar, and the author is a liar. There are extremists in every society. But most Israelis are liberal. Infact, the Israeli populace as a whole has shown it will vote out both those on the left and the right when the peace process stalls. Not that I necessarily agree with it each time, but that's the way it is.

Jewish people often disagree. And we cover the entire spectrum of political thought. That's what makes us better than close-minded racists like Railbird and his butt boil diggin.'

Americans in Yerushalayim ?Feel the Hate? for Obama On Controversial YouTube Video

Tuesday June 9, 2009 12:10 PM - 9 Comments
A new video posted on the Internet featuring inebriated American Jewish youth in Yerushalayim spouting hate-filled sentiments has garnered massive exposure and caused a firestorm in the media and the Jewish world.
In the video, filmed on June 3 and titled ?Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem on the Eve of Obama?s Cairo Address,? the visitors to Israel are asked their opinions on President Barack Obama and his relationship to the Jewish state.?You?re all about talking to the Arabs,? says one. ?You?re going to Cairo making a speech to the Muslim world trying to get them to love you, what about the Jews, man? What are we, chopped liver? You don?t care about us. Are we nothing to you? Do we matter? Do you care if we get driven into the sea? Do you care if we get nuked? Are we even? ugh? do you care about us?!?
?My grandmother was in Auschwitz, Obama,? he adds. ?We?re not going to take any Auschwitz?! Listen, Obama, my grandma?s number was 1268493, I remember her number on her arm, dude. And listen, never again will we deal with this, never again!?
The four-minute video has been seen by more than 214,000 viewers on YouTube since it was put up last Thursday.
In preparation for Obama?s speech in Cairo on Thursday, director Max Blumenthal visited Yerushalayim?s downtown area with video camera in hand to ?ascertain the feelings of the young population? about the president and his relationship with Israel.
The video begins with Blumenthal at a bar, interviewing a group of drunk Jewish American youth.
In an interview with The Jerusalem Post, Blumenthal, an American documentary filmmaker, defended his video.
Asked about its editing, he said that in the two hours of video he collected, ?no people were edited out who expressed pro-Obama sentiments.?
Why did he use the interviewees featured?
?These were the most direct responses. I had to make the video watchable,? Blumenthal said.
He denied that using inebriated teenagers to represent ?a slice of reality, but reality nonetheless,? was irresponsible journalism. ?Reporting is no less credible when it happens at a bar,? he said.
He has become the target of a storm of media criticism since the video?s release.
Ta-Nehisi Coates, writing for the The Atlantic magazine, was unimpressed with Blumenthal?s journalistic skills.
?For what it?s worth, on a very visceral level, what I see is a bunch of drunk racist white kids, doing what I?d expect a bunch of drunk racist white kids to do. I don?t really have ?higher expectations? because of the particulars of the Jewish experience, any more than I have ?higher expectations? for Irish-Americans due to the oppressive immigrant experience of their ancestors,? Coates wrote.
Capital J, a Jewish Telegraphic Agency blog, asked, ?Would Weiss post video extracting the worst of thug culture and claim it as representative of the African American experience? How grotesque.?
Only one interviewee featured asks about the purpose of the video, saying: ?I think Obama is an idiot and I just think? wait, is this going to be on national TV or something??
In his Mondoweiss blog, Blumenthal identifies the interviewees as ?college-educated sons and daughters of middle and upper class American Jews from cosmopolitan metropolises and genteel suburbs.?
?The sense of entitlement that the American Jewish community has when it comes to Israeli policy is on full raw display in the words of these young adults,? he wrote.
According to Blumenthal, some of those interviewed were on ?programs like Birthright Israel - a few of those in my video were on birthright tours.?
However, Ada Spitzer, vice president for marketing, community relations and development for birthright, said the claims were unfounded.
?We don?t really know if these are birthright people. In any case, we will check,? she said. ?There have been kids before who said they were on birthright, and they were not.?
?The comments of the interviewees are reprehensible and are not reflective of the attitude of the vast majority of Israelis,? said Alan Schneider, B?nai B?rith World Center director.
?You can get this kind of comment anywhere if you go looking for it. I don?t think it contributes anything at all to the debate,? he added.
Alan Hoffmann, director-general of the Jewish Agency?s Education Department, was likewise disconcerted by the video.
?On the basis of a group of inebriated teenagers, to draw any conclusions about the quality of Jewish and Zionist education is really unacceptable,? he said.
?Whoever prepared this went out of their way to find people who have clearly been drinking,? Hoffmann said. ?It makes me wonder about the motivations of those who edited this video.?
The spokesman for Democrats Abroad in Israel, Sheldon Schorer, called the video ?useless.?
?This video is of no value whatsoever. If you removed the expletives you?d be left with very little material,? Schorer said.
The video, which he noted was made before Obama?s speech, ?should be ignored as a silly piece and as more of a comment on the depth to which the Internet can sink.?
?The journalist really should have gone out to find people who had an opinion and supported their opinion. You can?t have an intelligent discussion with someone who is inebriated,? he said.
The Anti-Defamation League declined to comment on the video.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

Yeah like, it's the first post in this thread, dork.

You trying to become the first person to win an internet debate never using your own words? You F-A-I-L

Yeah like, it's the first post in this thread, dork.

You trying to become the first person to win an internet debate never using your own words? You F-A-I-L

(1) They attack/marginalize the messengers. (2) They do no real research. (3) They blindly ask 'Where are the 'Primary Sources'?' (4) They projected their own subjective interpretation of a piece of information by using 'semantic manipulation'.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

OK I can do this -- Jewhating Dirtbags:

(1) Cut and paste (2) Do no real research. (3) Change the subject when confronted, with of course another cut and paste (4) Refuse to debate (5) Hold the Jewish State to a higher standard than any other nation (6) Use the words of one Jew with extreme views to smear all the Jews (7) Cheer loudly when one of their cousins shoots up the Holocaust Museum (8) Get crushed so bad in every thread they enter, and when soundly beaten.....(9) Open a new Jew-bait thread

OK I can do this -- Jewhating Dirtbags:

(1) Cut and paste (2) Do no real research. (3) Change the subject when confronted, with of course another cut and paste (4) Refuse to debate (5) Hold the Jewish State to a higher standard than any other nation (6) Use the words of one Jew with extreme views to smear all the Jews (7) Cheer loudly when one of their cousins shoots up the Holocaust Museum (8) Get crushed so bad in every thread they enter, and when soundly beaten.....(9) Open a new Jew-bait thread

(1) They attack/marginalize the messengers.:pop: