BLINDS ARE 200-400

GET QQ

SECOND TO ACT MAKE IT 1200......CHIP LEADER (BB) CALLS

FLOP 4-4-4 BB ALL IN, I CALL

HE TURNS OVER A-3 TURN 6

RIVER 4......

GET $39 INSTEAD OF A SHOT AT $348

Re: AARGH---THEY DID IT TO ME AGAIN

That sucks, Devil. So basically an Ace or a 4 is all that helps him there with only three aces and one 4 left out there. And that's without a Q showing up. Pretty bad beat I'd say.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Things like that which turns me off to poker.

I stay away for a while, do well when I'm playing it & being patient, but get burnt a couple times like you did Devil & it furiates me because you know you played the best hand, played the smartest hand, and actually had the best hand, but lose on the river to some guy who is snickering at you on the other end of his computer..........:mad:

The Devil

EOG Master

Things like that which turns me off to poker.

I stay away for a while, do well when I'm playing it & being patient, but get burnt a couple times like you did Devil & it furiates me because you know you played the best hand, played the smartest hand, and actually had the best hand, but lose on the river to some guy who is snickering at you on the other end of his computer..........:mad:

Bad beats are part of the game........but for some reason I seem to be 65/35 against me.........

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

I came out on the winning end of a hand yesterday, knocked out a guy...

I've got A9. Flop comes out AA4. Can't remember if I checked or the action came to me, but only one other guy in the pot after the flop. Turn comes down as another 4, so now I've got a full house Aces over Fours. Pretty much certain I can't/won't lose, both I and the one guy that stayed go all in...I figure he's probably got the other ace. We flip over, he's got AK. River comes up a 9, and I knock him out with a better boat.

Anytime there is an overcard against your pair, it's tense. I've lost to that and I've beaten people with it.

mildavid

EOG Member

pocket Q's.....flop Q 3 3 .....got beat.......4 3's......had to laugh at how fast my all in got called

mild

mildavid

EOG Member

post flop...........I liked my FH............in a millisecond I though he may have Q's and treys...or trip treys...........4 of a kind never entered my mind till I saw them

The Devil

EOG Master

TODAY:

HAD Q-Q PLAYING 1-2 NO LIMIT.......

I'M BB..........ALL FOLD EXCEPT SB...............MAKES IT $8......I HAVE 103$ ON TABLE AND CALL...........FLOP Q-9-3 RAINBOW.......SB BETS 36$, I THINK AND GIVE A SLOW PLAY CALL...........TURN 6, 2 SPADES NOW......SB GOES ALL IN....I TOSS IN MY CHIPS........CASH GAMES THEY DON'T FLIP THE CARDS ON ALL INS LIKE TOURNIES..........RIVER ACE......HE TURNS OVER HIS POCKET ACES.....

Bad beats are a part of the game, all you can do is play it the way you should. Devil, you played the hand and the guy caught card on the river...I don't know if I would have played it like that if I was him but he was thinking you had only one Q.

You should have had that, he had two outs...and hit one of them.

shapsplace

EOG Addicted

TODAY:

HAD Q-Q PLAYING 1-2 NO LIMIT.......

I'M BB..........ALL FOLD EXCEPT SB...............MAKES IT $8......I HAVE 103$ ON TABLE AND CALL...........FLOP Q-9-3 RAINBOW.......SB BETS 36$, I THINK AND GIVE A SLOW PLAY CALL...........TURN 6, 2 SPADES NOW......SB GOES ALL IN....I TOSS IN MY CHIPS........CASH GAMES THEY DON'T FLIP THE CARDS ON ALL INS LIKE TOURNIES..........RIVER ACE......HE TURNS OVER HIS POCKET ACES.....

nothing you can do in this situation... this was just a cooler, happens sometimes... if the situation was reversed and you had the rockets, you would probably play the same way... i would much rather have a cooler then a horrendous beat...

The Devil

EOG Master

UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY IT'S PART OF THE GAME.......BUT SEEMS LATELY I HAVE BEEN BEATEN ON THE RIVER WITH 1-2 AND 3 OUTERS AT A MUCH TOO HIGH PERCENTAGE....

OTHER DAY SMALL POT GUY HAD 2 RED NINES AGAINST MY JJ.......3 CLUBS ON BOARD AND I HAVE J OF CLUBS......ALL HE CAN CATCH TO BEAT ME IS 9 SPADES AND BOOM....9 SPADES.......

shapsplace

EOG Addicted

Yeah, thats definitely frustrating... but i always tell myself "it will equal out in the long run..." that is, after i have tossed my laptop off of the second story of my house... :)