Aaron Judge HR Record Bogus

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
On July 4, Pujols had an OPS of .601.

MLB average this season is .700 or thereabouts.

Between July 10 and September 20, Pujols had an OPS of 1.045.

Hmmm...

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I think I have finally Convinced Jk. My way. It is so obvious Pujols is juiced to get to 700. Homers. Why stop there. I am Popeye.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I think I have finally Convinced Jk. My way. It is so obvious Pujols is juiced to get to 700. Homers. Why stop there. I am Popeye.

So you are saying a baseball player took steroids to help his performance? Wow, that's riveting news, who knew.

kane

EOG master
No one will convince me that Pujols decided to start juicing the second half of the season, I don't think he would risk his HOF status, his reputation, everything he's worked his whole life for, just to bang out some home runs in the last couple months of the season. I don't know why he hit as well as he did, but I don't think he would risk everything by taking PED's at the end of his career.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Stats don’t lye. Pujols is one of the Good Guys. Like David Ortiz. Baseball isn’t going to test them.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I watched Ortiz last season turning singles into doubles. Wow. To gain speed in your 40s. But yet Bonds takes all the blame

Heim

EOG Master
Say what?

This award is stat and popularity driven.

For example, Ohtani almost pitched a perfect game a few weeks ago, late night back East. Lead story, Judge pursuit of Maris...

I'm not discounting Judge's accomplishments, however he
did hit a major slump, and what record did he break? Not Bonds.

Ohtani is a top five hitter and pitcher this year in one body. Better stats than last year with the exception of home-runs.

Naturally I'm a little biased, I see and marvel every day.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Stats don’t lye. Pujols is one of the Good Guys. Like David Ortiz. Baseball isn’t going to test them.

David Ortiz was rumored to be listed in the Mitchell Report.

But Rob Manfred recently backpedaled to keep Ortiz's name in good standing with the baseball writers.

"Big Papi" struck me as a PED guy.

I remember him as a member of the Minnesota Twins.

Good, not great.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
MLB's drug testing policies are weak.

So many ways to avoid detection.

The cheats are ahead of the tests.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Steriods have been used since the 1970s first by the Rams and Steelers.

I first remember hearing about Nebraska's football team and the tremendous strength and conditioning programs in Lincoln.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

The year was 1976.

And Tom Osborne would later admit the team had some issues with the use of anabolic steroids.

boston massacre

EOG Master
David Ortiz was rumored to be listed in the Mitchell Report.

But Rob Manfred recently backpedaled to keep Ortiz's name in good standing with the baseball writers.

"Big Papi" struck me as a PED guy.

I remember him as a member of the Minnesota Twins.

Good, not great.

Sports Sweeps A Lot Of Stuff Under The Rug.

Just Like Politics.

Heim

EOG Master
I first remember hearing about Nebraska's football team and the tremendous strength and conditioning programs in Lincoln.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

The year was 1976.

And Tom Osborne would later admit the team had some issues with the use of anabolic steroids.

Yes great lineman like the Outland trophy winner center Remington, but few if any did anything
in the pros because their opposition was on roids too. No edge.