Abu Dhabi F1 grand prix

Optional

EOG Enthusiast
Practice session 1 about to start.

I've taken Hamilton +310 to top the session. Just for an interest bet. Every time we come here I think back to the first race in 09 when Lewis looked 2 classes better than the rest of the field around here.

allin1

Banned
Re: Abu Dhabi F1 grand prix

mclaren have looked like they are not interested in upgrading his car since the news with mercedes. I might be wrong though.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

mclaren have looked like they are not interested in upgrading his car since the news with mercedes. I might be wrong though.

I think they have been giving him upgrades, and trying to win for him as hard as Button. But that could change now he hasn't much chance of the WDC maybe. Although I'm not expecting it really. Think they just won't tell him much about the parts or data imho.

I took .5u on Hamilton to win +710 as practice started. He has almost come in far enough on Betfair already that I can lay him off for an even money profit. Thinking I might do that... although it's just a half so maybe best to hold onto it.

Stuff from P1;

Ferrari appear to be trying some significant upgrades.

Mercedes testing a Lotus style exhaust config for next year.

Force India having brake overheating issues in the early session heat.

McLaren are running different sidepod winglets on the two cars.

allin1

Banned

I hope the race will be a little more interesting and entertaining than the classic scenario vettel pole&win

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

I'm going to take Vettel to top P2. Vast weight of money is trying to lay against him at $3.10 right now, so think it could drift near $4.00 by session time.

If Red Bull actually have the expected pace here I'm thinking we might see it in this session, wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton top it again though. He just got faster and faster all through P1, by big chunks quite a few laps.

allin1

Banned

I admire your guts for betting on practices. I don't have the courage to bet on them because I believe you can never know the agenda of the teams. Sometimes they aren't trying to be the fastest in practice, they have other things to try out and/or figure out.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

I'm only betting small. :)

It is a guessing game. And Lewis was actually terrible odds for a practice session today. But with the odds you usually get on anyone but the race favourite I think it's a +EV proposition. Red Bull don't make it a habit of topping P1.

I don't usually bet on P2. Just seemed like a good spot. Took $3.67 for Vettel .8u

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Trying for 3 out of 3 practice sessions.

Hamilton +230 1u to top P3 session.

And took Rosberg to make top 10 Q3 in quali -102 2u

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Nice! 3-0 on practice. Got a bit lucky with Vettel having brake issues and only getting 2 timed laps. But I'll take it.

If I can get +150 before quali I will bet Vettel for pole.

If Hamilton is top 4 in quali I will add to my race win bet on him soon after Vettel wins pole. (when I think Hamilton will be best odds)

LCD

Good luck with your bets. The hurricane knocked out my Internet and it's still not back and probably won't be for another couple of days. (

I so wanted to bet the same 5 guys for fastest lap but maybe this was a way for me to save money! Oh well. Enjoy the race.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Good luck with your bets. The hurricane knocked out my Internet and it's still not back and probably won't be for another couple of days. (

I so wanted to bet the same 5 guys for fastest lap but maybe this was a way for me to save money! Oh well. Enjoy the race.

Hope it saves some money. Such a lottery here for fast lap anyway I think. With everyone going for a 1 stopper it could very well be a lower level team who gets a puncture late or something mad like that. Front guys may not even have the tyres left to go for it last lap.

nice picks optional. what do you think about the race tomorrow?

Well... with the Vettel relegation Hamilton's price came in so far I layed off my early $8.10 on betfair for $1.59, and bet on Webber to win at $5.50. Locks in 2 units profit with 6 more possible if Webber does get up.

Did that simply due to prices though. Still think Lewis is clear favorite to win without external issues.

I might play a Head2Head or two... although doing that sucked up my profit last week... so might just sit with this.

vettel penalized but to start from the pit lane instead of the back of the grid

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...k-of-the-Abu-Dhabi-grid-for-fuel-infringement

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...rting-Sebastian-Vettel-from-Abu-Dhabi-pitlane

that means alonso has button, raikonen and maldonado between him and 3rd place. it will be interesting

Where are you leaning for bets now?

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

I was initially planning to take Alonso for a top 3 finish, as I expected he would $3.50 to $4.50 to do it with Vettel up front. But don't like it at $2.30 with Alonso now more focused on finishing well than having to beat Vettel or win to get back in the WDC fight.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Took Vettel for fastest lap +300.

Decided if he is choosing to start from pit lane it is likely to save fuel as they plan a long first stint... meaning he should be on newer softs at the end.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Kind of like these H2Hs

Button +137 over Alonso

Hulkenburg +101 over Perez

Rosberg +120 over Grosjean

Any comments anyone?

allin1

Banned

I would take alonso over button and alonso for podium.

unfortunately, with maldonado in the mix we can have some incidents that can change a lot of things in the race. hopefully nobody will get hurt

allin1

Banned

plenty of incidents and because of the safety car it is still open at the top :houraentertaining