All Heritage Users...

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated
Make a straight wager on any of the four games listed below, one weekly game from the NFL Pre-Season. The straight wager must be on the game side up to a maximum $250. Money Lines, Totals, Parlays, Teasers, If-Bets, Props and Free Play Bets are not eligible for this promotion.

• Saturday August 10 - NY Giants vs Steelers
  • Sunday August 18 - Colts vs NY Giants
  • Friday August 23 - Seahawks vs Packers
  • Sunday August 25 - Vikings vs 49ers

Lets put our thinking caps on and try to make some $$ on these.

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated
Re: All Heritage Users...

Obviously you take a team... Giants +2.5 for example, they are up 14 at half, let it ride.. up 7.. could easily back off it.

Worth the risk.

Apple

Banned

I've had horrible luck with these in the past...

Would love to hit a middle with one of those..

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

Where do you see this promo at? It's not on their website, or at least not on the screen I'm getting.

WVU

EOG Master

Obviously you take a team... Giants +2.5 for example, they are up 14 at half, let it ride.. up 7.. could easily back off it.

Worth the risk.

I hope you wouldn't get off your bet on a +2.5 dog up 7 at half? :+clueless

Apple

Banned

I hope you wouldn't get off your bet on a +2.5 dog up 7 at half? :+clueless

get off the bet, or middle?

If I have $250 on Giants +2.5 and they are up 14-7, I'm betting the other team -2.5 or -3 whatever 2nd half. No question about it.

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Line moving...

does anyone know if this is a 4 game promo or you choose 1/4 to use promo?

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

If I bet NYG +1.5 for 250 to win 230 for halftime promo at heritage and they're up 10-0 and 2half line is Pitt -3 I have to bet on Pitt 2hald to middle... Should I bet 230 to win 215 or 250 to win 230?

WVU

EOG Master

get off the bet, or middle?

If I have $250 on Giants +2.5 and they are up 14-7, I'm betting the other team -2.5 or -3 whatever 2nd half. No question about it.

this is a get out of your bet at halftime promo. Apples and oranges

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Well if you have the 250 down on giants, you could middle...

hence my question

rito

EOG Veteran

There is no purpose of going for the middle unless you think that 2h bet is +ev.

WVU

EOG Master

Well if you have the 250 down on giants, you could middle...

hence my question

middling has nothing to do with the promo. You can always middle when your first bet is doing well at halftime. The only reason to ever get out of your bet thus using the promo is if you are losing your bet at halftime. You don't play this promo hoping to middle. You play hoping to win a large wager you might otherwise not have taken

yisman

EOG Master

Line moving...

does anyone know if this is a 4 game promo or you choose 1/4 to use promo?

it's all four

geez deemer

This promo is basic betting. At halftime, you look at the score and the second half line. If your bet is favored to lose according to that, then you get out. If not, you do not get out.

Apple

Banned

middling has nothing to do with the promo. You can always middle when your first bet is doing well at halftime. The only reason to ever get out of your bet thus using the promo is if you are losing your bet at halftime. You don't play this promo hoping to middle. You play hoping to win a large wager you might otherwise not have taken

That puts you at risk still.. Could still lose the whole enchilada. If you middle or bet a little bit on other side you have a chance at a huge profit and your risk is less.

It happens all the time, a team up 14+ at half blows the lead.

cheapseats

EOG Master

it's all four

geez deemer

This promo is basic betting. At halftime, you look at the score and the second half line. If your bet is favored to lose according to that, then you get out. If not, you do not get out.

I would agree on season games, but NFLX, and the QB rotation may keep me in the original bet.

WVU

EOG Master

gyno you aren't understanding my posts. The promo allows you to get out of your bet at halftime. Merely betting the other side at halftime and setting up a middle has nothing to do with the promo. You wouldn't even be using the promo if you did that.

I like reducing risk as much as anyone, especially when you can chew up rollover betting the other side, but as Rito pointed out the only reason you should be betting the other side is if you think it is a +EV bet by itself.

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Like the discussion.

yis, if you're on Giants +1.5 and they're up 3-7 do you let it ride?

Like the discussion.

if you're on the giants +1.5 and they are down 1, tied, or leading at halftime, you keep it. 2nd half exhibition game scoring is so low and random, you have a gigantic edge even being up a half point on a coin flip (unless steelers are a big favorite 2nd half which won't be the case)

yisman

EOG Master

Like the discussion.

If I bet a team as an underdog and they're leading at the half? There's not even a question of getting out. It's a good bet, you keep it.

I assume you meant 13-7.

Brick

EOG Master

Like the discussion.

deemer are you retarded bro, how do you not let a bet ride when you have an underdog that is leading the game at half:+clueless

yisman

EOG Master

If the bet has equity, as durito put it, you can't possibly get out of it. If you're that worried, you can always bet the other side for some of it at the half, minimizing potential losses.

You don't have to bet it elsewhere either. You can do it at Heritage, they don't care (or at least they didn't in the past).

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

On Giants +1.5 for $250.00 (locked in a day ago)

Question, does it allow for more than $250.00 bet?

From Heritage -
You can only cancel one wager per game.

NOTE: If you plan on wagering more than $250 on the game, we suggest that you do so with multiple bets to allow for the easy cancelation of the maximum allowed $250 wager

So, I read it as you can bet as much as you want as long as $250.00 increments but can only cancel one, hence only can take one shot for $250.00.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

On Giants +1.5 for $250.00 (locked in a day ago)

Question, does it allow for more than $250.00 bet?

From Heritage -
You can only cancel one wager per game.

NOTE: If you plan on wagering more than $250 on the game, we suggest that you do so with multiple bets to allow for the easy cancelation of the maximum allowed $250 wager

So, I read it as you can bet as much as you want as long as $250.00 increments but can only cancel one, hence only can take one shot for $250.00.

Yes, make ONE $250 bet so it can be possibly cancelled, the remaining wagers are good to go but cannot be canceled.

Always a terrific promo from Heritage, one of many reasons they are a shop worth having.

Lloyd Christmas

EOG Senior Member

Is this the get off your bet at halftime promo?

Love those..

Are you the person who is always trying to middle at halftime when your wager already has equity? This is a terrible strategy. The reason it is a terrible strategy is now you may have more PERCENTAGE equity but you have far less MONETARY equity.

Let's say you make the $250 bet and you feel you have 6% equity. That translates to $15 in monetary equity.

If you middle, now you are only risking $25. So even if you percentage equity goes from 6% to 40%, your monetary equity is still only $10, and none of this even takes into account the fact that if you have 40% equity on a halftime middle, your original wager is certainly going to be more than 6% if you stay long with it.

The only difference with NFLX is that you may feel as though halftime markets are not efficient, so you may not have have as much equity staying long as it appears. I do not know how efficient NFLX markets are in relation to regular season