Alonso vs. Vettel 2012 championship

LCD

Re: Alonso vs. Vettel 2012 championship

Ah well. Vettel fastest lap. Brazil next week. Just going to lose 2 more units and then the break.

allin1

Banned

good race but Alonso needs a miracle to win the championship...

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Yeah it was a great race, despite losing.

Track was even better than expected as far as driving spectacle I think. Shame about the humungous run off areas though. Throw and few gravel traps in and make it more of a test. One outside turn 19 for certain.

We won't lose again in Brazil LCD ;)

allin1

Banned

Sebastian Vettel +200
Lewis Hamilton +275
Fernando Alonso +350

can anyone else win the Brazilian gp?

LCD

I think Hamilton while Vettel and Alonso play WC games. Hamilton can push like crazy while Vettel will be more preoccupied with just finishing in front of or close to Alonso. He can't drive dangerously. Also Button had a great drive yesterday. I think McLaren is the best car in the field. Thoughts.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Vettel could have a mechanical. Saw that Red Bull is switching to a new alternator for Brazil.

Also saw this on Kubica's comeback. Thinking Ferrari in 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104399

Get ready to shake the Brazilian money tree!

That would be wonderful, but I have read other reports that say his arm is too damaged to drive any sort of fast single seater still. Douibt we will ever see him in F1 again. :(

I think Hamilton while Vettel and Alonso play WC games. Hamilton can push like crazy while Vettel will be more preoccupied with just finishing in front of or close to Alonso. He can't drive dangerously. Also Button had a great drive yesterday. I think McLaren is the best car in the field. Thoughts.

Agree that the McLaren could be the best car this week, although Brazil has more high speed corners that usually suit the red bull than Texas did.

Kind of wondering who might be a good longshot in the wet...

allin1

Banned

I am actually more inclined to take Alonso on this one. If only I could get a better price.

allin1

Banned

I think Alonso will finish better than Vettel but I don't know if it will be enough to win the WC

LCD

Kind of wondering who might be a good longshot in the wet...

Oh shit. I just saw this. 60% chance on Sunday. Then I will bet Hamilton because Vettel will have to be even more conservative (though obviously he's a great wet weather driver.

Sucks Sutil isn't racing to bet at 200-1. If it's light showers and changing conditions (with like only the racing line dry) then I would bet Button especially since his price will probably be good.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Agree.

Maybe Massa or Senna at home will be more willing to push it?

Although Massa is not going to beat Alonso I guess.

LCD

Still 60%. We have to put on our special F1 wet weather thinking caps to make some money. So fucking awesome if it rains for the title decider in Brazil.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

I took Massa to top P1 @ 25/1...thinking Ferrari might see that as good in front of the home crowd after him giving up grid spots to Alonso last week.

LCD

Ah he spun. :shoot:

Optional and allin1 there is now 100% chance of rain on Sunday. That puts a huge amount of pressure on Vettel and Alonso. McLaren has the fastest car with the quickest driver who is leaving their team. Alonso is going to be a maniac. And Vettel has shown that he can have brain fades in moments like this (remember Australia in 2009, he's much more experienced but this is a lot more pressure). And then there's Button. And Perez (he showed a lot in Malaysia in the rain). Is Senna good in the wet (he was sixth in Malaysia). Di Resta and Vergne were in the top 10 there so they're not going to win but they might be bettable.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Agree LCD, particularly with it being expected to be big storms, I like longshots. I think both Senna and Maldonado have looked ok in the rain in the Williams.

Used to have a website bookmarked that had all sorts of stats you can't find elsewhere, including wet weather performance by driver, but can't find it.

Shame I didn't just stick to my hamilton or Vettel Practice session bets in the dry sessions.

allin1

Banned

I think Alonso is better than Hamilton and Vettel in the rain, but I might be wrong. I am really thinking of betting some more on Alonso to win the GP and the championship.

LCD

Of the three in the rain I think it goes Vettel & Hamilton and then Alonso. But I really like Alonso here too. I think this is exactly the kind of thing that he is much more mentally prepared for than anyone else. Watching right now. Hamilton just did a 1:13.

LCD

Alonso 5th in Q2. I hope he qualifies something like 5 so his odds are terrible but he's still close enough to the front.

Button third.

LCD

So McLaren was the best. Vettel in fourth with Webber beside but Maldonado behind him. Alonso in 8th but I think they're partially set up for the rain. Listened to interview with Schumacher and he was hinting that they were set up for rain too. Rain is back down to 60%.

Alonso prices are going to be even better. Will figure out what I want to do and then post in a couple of hours to get your advice.

allin1

Banned

8th is quite bad for what Alonso needs. Unless something bad happens Vettel will win the championship.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

It's a confusing situation after quali.

Agree Vettel/Ham probably have the better wet credentials, but I do trust Alonso much more under the pressure as LCD said.

8th seems a bridge too far though. Unless McLaren/RBR have really compromised their wet weather race setups for quali. I guess it looks a little like McLaren may have done that at least.

LCD

Well something nutty has to happen for Alonso to win. Possibilities would be accident at start (chances slim even with Maldonado behind Vettel but if it's raining you never now), rain during the race with Alonso set up and making the right tire changes and Vettel not (less slim but not great), Vettel wrecking (still slim) and Vettel having a mechanical breakdown (you never fucking know).

It look like it's going to be showers and not really heavy rain so I'm liking Button who is smarter and more precise though not as quick as Hamilton. Good going McLaren having the best car as the season ends. I would think McLaren wants to have Button win more than Hamilton for the obvious reasons. Their assistance doesn't have to be obvious but they've done subtle shit in the past.

I don't know which of these to bet. Convince me of something else and I'll happily bet that. It's the final race of the season and this has the potential to be a completely boring or completely bizarre race and because of all the extra complications impossible to predict.

Winner of Brazilian Grand Prix

Button +370

Fastest Lap

Perez +2500
Senna +2500

Winning Car

McLaren -170

Score Points

Maldonado - Yes +140

Head-to-Head

Perez beats Kobayashi -160

LCD

Fuck it, I really want to bet Alonso to win race at +800.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Well something nutty has to happen for Alonso to win. Possibilities would be accident at start (chances slim even with Maldonado behind Vettel but if it's raining you never now), rain during the race with Alonso set up and making the right tire changes and Vettel not (less slim but not great), Vettel wrecking (still slim) and Vettel having a mechanical breakdown (you never fucking know).

It look like it's going to be showers and not really heavy rain so I'm liking Button who is smarter and more precise though not as quick as Hamilton. Good going McLaren having the best car as the season ends. I would think McLaren wants to have Button win more than Hamilton for the obvious reasons. Their assistance doesn't have to be obvious but they've done subtle shit in the past.

I don't know which of these to bet. Convince me of something else and I'll happily bet that. It's the final race of the season and this has the potential to be a completely boring or completely bizarre race and because of all the extra complications impossible to predict.

Winner of Brazilian Grand Prix

Button +370

Fastest Lap

Perez +2500
Senna +2500

Winning Car

McLaren -170

Score Points

Maldonado - Yes +140

Head-to-Head

Perez beats Kobayashi -160

Love the Maldonado to score points at +140

I don't think Sauber has the car setup here to compete for anything. So would save my money on Perez and maybe take bigger odds on Grosjean or Sennas team mate for that fast lap bet. Or even Massa +2000?

hate the McLaren winning car bet, and don't like those odds about Button. Although agree he is much better value than Lewis.

Vettel really is good in the wet, and although the cars outright speed is suspect this weekend, that's not really a bog issue if it's a fully wet race. I'm thinking +680 for him is good value.

He's just not one to play it safe from the start and if he gets in front somehow I suspect he can drive fast enough in the wet to stay there.

All this really depends on there being significant rain. If they can run on slicks for any big part of the race I like the McLarens a lot more.

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

And Alosno makes a crazy start!

anmd Vettel is last!

And Fred does an amazing 2 car pass at end iof lap 1. Wow what a start

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

opti you got anything on the f1 today?

Vettel from early in week and maldonado to finish top 10. Just could not make up my mind about anything else in end with rain so uncertain.

Who do you have?

GL everyone btw

(wow site is so slow right now)

LCD

I haven't been able to get on here. But what a fucking clown show. I love the rain.

I have Button and a bunch of 2nd tier people for fastest lap but I should have bet Alonso WC. Go go go. Massa going to block the shit out of Vettel!

Button makes the right call!

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Butts looks like the bet right now.

Force India were saying they were faster than most in front of them before race. The Hulk doing it for them too.

Love these rain races. Now we need another shower to mix it up again :p

Optional

EOG Enthusiast

Nah Vettel is doing too well for now.

If Alonso wins Vettel needs to come 4th to take title. If Alonso 3rd Vettel can't be top 10.