ALT LINES & Selling points...

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I know many of us "buy" points but do any of us "sell" points?

ALT lines and buying points can definitely become +EV wagers when done correctly. I know fairwarning and railbird like to partake in ALT LINES with baseball, especially taking the dog -1.5 on the runline. You can also find many books with different odds on ALT lines to where lines differ as much as 25-30 cents, sometimes more.
If I think a game can be a track meet I will gladly sell points on the over. Last night worked with KC/NE, it doesn't always work though. It can turn a win into a loss/push.

What do you think?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
My local doesn’t allow it but I don’t have a problem selling points or runs. College football was much easier to sell thanks to higher totals. Not sure how many books offer pleasers anymore. BetJam used to offer 6/1 2-teamers back in the day, very tough to beat.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
They all offer 6pt 2 teamers at about 6-1... I don't mess with those.

Seeing how many of these games aren't even close to the number, I'd love to do some modeling to see if there is a +EV way to tackle them.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
A friend of mine got cutoff from his local betting ATL LINES/SELLING. He didnt even win but the local was afraid of ruin every weekend LOL. One bad week and he might have had to pay 50k, the local couldn't handle that, lol.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They all offer 6pt 2 teamers at about 6-1... I don't mess with those.

Seeing how many of these games aren't even close to the number, I'd love to do some modeling to see if there is a +EV way to tackle them.
NFL, maybe look at 10+ pt dogs, but staying above +3.

Just Luck

EOG Dedicated
The alternate runlines in MLB can be very profitable I like the -2' lines they usually offer them at Atlantis in Reno

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
My best alternate line score (and I rarely play them) was Tampa over Oakland in Superbowl. Special mention to Kevin O'neil for that.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
That was a good one. Gruden had the Raiders playbook lol.

That TB team had 4-5 HOF'ers on D. BEASTLY

MrTop

EOG Master
Top, are there any stale lines offered at fanduel?

yes , but they also take positions. Last Thursday when philly played the giants philly was -2.5 or less everywhere but fan duel. Eagles were -3 … fan duel was right. every other bookmaker was wrong. philly won easy.

sometimes stale lines are opinions or talent