Annnnnd we're back...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#1
I apologize for the technical difficulties incurred over the past week-and-a-half.

We're back with the latest version of vBulletin and we're gearing up for a busy football season.

The 2018 college football season is only nine days away (August 25) and the NFL season kicks off with the Super Bowl champion Eagles hosting the Falcons in exactly three weeks (September 6).

EOG's fall promotional schedule will be unveiled Saturday, September 1.

Stay tuned.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#3
Welcome back, MrTop.

Working on the return of the avatars now and improved overall speed of the forum.

A few winners would help too.
 

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
#6
During the two week respite it was later determined and confirmed by authorities as a JK fire sale insurance claim on the joint.
Vbulletin is cool but the need for speed is still inevitable.
We start anew going 6-2 over the break in first fivers, now 22-14 overall for 61%.
Good to be back.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#7
jimmythegreek;n7451222 said:
During the two week respite it was later determined and confirmed by authorities as a JK fire sale insurance claim on the joint.
Vbulletin is cool but the need for speed is still inevitable.
We start anew going 6-2 over the break in first fivers, now 22-14 overall for 61%.
Good to be back.

The need for speed is inevitable.

Great line, Jimmy.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#10
Thanks for checking in, Joe.

Twain is attributed with a lot of orphan quotes merely because of his humorous reputation.

It has been reported he never said the clever line, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#13
Chi_Dorothy;n7451234 said:
Like I was saying when the Forum went down. I think you should fade the Dodgers coming up

Good call, Chi_Dorothy.

Can't bet against the Dodgers today, they're idle.

Three-game weekend series in Seattle starts tomorrow.

Closer Kenley Jansen (irregular heartbeat) sees his cardiologist on Monday.
 
#15
Have couple of games tonite to post on. Would like to know the inside story on the temporary shutdown but JK may not be at liberty to give away the inside scoop. Here are my guesses. Financial rearrangement...new investors, change in upper management or the Umbrella Corp. Am I getting warm?..
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#17
Biff41;n7451248 said:
Have couple of games tonite to post on. Would like to know the inside story on the temporary shutdown but JK may not be at liberty to give away the inside scoop. Here are my guesses. Financial rearrangement...new investors, change in upper management or the Umbrella Corp. Am I getting warm?..
When it comes to the inside scoop at EOG, I'm in the upper balcony not the front row.

Glad to have a seat in the arena.

I'll share something if I get it, Biff41.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#18
Sam Odom;n7451249 said:
Did not know you were gone... where did you go?

Thanks for checking in, Sam.

Here's my itinerary over the next six weeks or so:

--August in Chicago

--A trip along Route 66 in early September

--Return home to Las Vegas in time for the start of the NFL season

--Head to Costa Rica for another three-month run in October, November and December
 
#20
John Kelly;n7451252 said:
Thanks for checking in, Sam.

Here's my itinerary over the next six weeks or so:

--August in Chicago

--A trip along Route 66 in early September

--Return home to Las Vegas in time for the start of the NFL season

--Head to Costa Rica for another three-month run in October, November and December


You're living the life!

Larger than Brock Landers.
 
#21
Kelly begged to play him straight up and the only dive he ever took was a muff dive.
bookmaker said take the dive or lose the forum.

So i call willy loman,viejo dinosaur and others and said
i know john Kelly he wont lose on purpose
his love for basketball and tearing up racing tickets are his only passion.

We bet Kelly................score tied at 18 Kelly has the ball if he misses the shot
hector hits a 3 and Kelly is off the hook.

Kelly sets up for a contested 3 pointer and it tickles the twine
nothing but the bottom of the net. KELLY WINS 21-18.

After we collected............Kelly was escorted in a black 4 door sedan
by the bookmaker body guards and was beaten to a pulp
you think he had a Irish red face before.............after this he looked like
a fucking strawberry.

4 days later now Kelly a -140 favorite went head to head with hector again

This time he had no choice losing 21-10 and shaking like a whore in church.

Kelly was given the forum back and now has become a born again christian.

thats the story...................i have no reason to lie
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#22
THE FACTSMAN;n7451258 said:
Kelly begged to play him straight up and the only dive he ever took was a muff dive.
bookmaker said take the dive or lose the forum.

So i call willy loman,viejo dinosaur and others and said
i know john Kelly he wont lose on purpose
his love for basketball and tearing up racing tickets are his only passion.

We bet Kelly................score tied at 18 Kelly has the ball if he misses the shot
hector hits a 3 and Kelly is off the hook.

Kelly sets up for a contested 3 pointer and it tickles the twine
nothing but the bottom of the net. KELLY WINS 21-18.

After we collected............Kelly was escorted in a black 4 door sedan
by the bookmaker body guards and was beaten to a pulp
you think he had a Irish red face before.............after this he looked like
a fucking strawberry.

4 days later now Kelly a -140 favorite went head to head with hector again

This time he had no choice losing 21-10 and shaking like a whore in church.

Kelly was given the forum back and now has become a born again christian.

thats the story...................i have no reason to lie

That is one vivid imagination, FACTSMAN.

God bless you.

Hope all is well, Joe.

I need to get back to reading the Bible now.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#23
Here's my favorite tip on shooting the basketball: Shoot the ball as high as possible without sacrificing an inch of accuracy.

Additionally, aspiring hoopsters go out today and say they're going to "get up 500 shots."

Don't count the shots, count the makes.
 
#24
THE 1ST PART OF MY MESSAGE didn't paste or it would have been funny

on a serious note.............glad you guys got things together

side note if they ever broom you...........i'll buy the joint.........lol
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#25
THE FACTSMAN;n7451264 said:
THE 1ST PART OF MY MESSAGE didn't paste or it would have been funny

on a serious note.............glad you guys got things together

side note if they ever broom you...........i'll buy the joint.........lol

I love my association with EOG's ownership group.

Trying my best to make the 53-man roster.

But I'll pass along your interest.
 

kane

Railbird is a past posting pos
#28
John Kelly;n7451270 said:
Give us 24-48 hours to make some subtle adjustments and I'll give you 24-48 hours for your eyes to adjust.

Thanks for checking in, KANE.
The site is running slow, don't know if it's just me or maybe that's part of the adjustments you're talking about, glad you're back BTW
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#30
kane;n7451281 said:
The site is running slow, don't know if it's just me or maybe that's part of the adjustments you're talking about, glad you're back BTW

We need lightning-quick speed.

Time is money.

A lot of contributors come and go quickly.

Thanks for being here, Kane.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#31
Viejo Dinosaur;n7451285 said:
Being down for so long without reasonable explanations from the brass really sucked....maybe a good timed NFL contest for the masses will be in order....

My thoughts exactly, VD.

A great way to get back in the good graces of our community would be an NFL contest bankrolled by our generous ownership group.

I expect a big announcement on Saturday, September 1.

Stay tuned.
 
#32
Glad whatever issues there were got sorted out. Nice to be back.

EOG can not afford to have something like this happen again anytime soon though.

The impending football seasons combined with new legal sports betting markets in DE, NJ and MS mean many newly created sports bettors will be looking for online homes in the coming weeks.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#38
ejd_5277;n7451294 said:
Glad whatever issues there were got sorted out. Nice to be back.

EOG can not afford to have something like this happen again anytime soon though.

The impending football seasons combined with new legal sports betting markets in DE, NJ and MS mean many newly created sports bettors will be looking for online homes in the coming weeks.

Duly noted, EJD.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#39
cheapseats;n7451309 said:
Yea, wonder why they did not simple announce the downtime, etc., up front.

As I understand it, Cheap, a routine maintenance check turned into a 12-day nightmare.

Bulky database caused issues.

Glad to be back with friends.
 
Top