Another Clinton Advisor Appointed to White House Economic Position - replacement for Larry Summers

The media is reporting that Obama has hired a new top economic counselor in place of Larry Summers. Gene Sperling, advisor to Timothy Geithner and former advisor to Clinton, will take over the position.

My problem with Obama is that he continues to use recycled Bush and Clinton appointees to all important positions. This is despite the fact that the Clinton administration contributed to outsourcing and deregulation, while the Bush administration also created a destructive and wasteful foreign policy.

The way Obama has behaved, there is no need for a President at all. He does nothing but keep old/recycled people in office and continue the failed economic and foreign policies of the past.

Link below provides background on Sperling:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40960473/ns/politics-white_house/

Re: Another Clinton Advisor Appointed to White House Economic Position - replacement for Larry Summers

Not defending or criticizing this particular appointment, but where is a president supposed to find experienced advisors, other than previous administrations?

Re: Another Clinton Advisor Appointed to White House Economic Position - replacement for Larry Summers

Obama's entire platform was change, and he continues to use recycled (and previously unsuccessful) people to make the important decisions, including Gates, Bernanke, Geithner, Summers, and now this one. If past advisors have created or assisted in failed policies, I imagine there are other places to go. I would rather him choose someone who has had economic success outside of politics if it comes to that - even someone who ran a successful business that benefitted all sides such as employees, customers, and shareholders. Obama is the one who took on the job and responsibility, so let him be more creative in his search.

If you wanted to hire a CEO and your only choices were someone with a new perspective and less directly relevant experience, or two people who ran their past businesses into bankruptcy (just as Clinton and Bush advisors contributed to the country's destruction), which would you rather hire? I know choices are limited for Obama but he can do better, as he promised.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Obama is just doing what his corporate masters are telling him to do.