Another no-hitter

railbird

EOG Master
like i said, with all these hispanics swinging out of their ass and so many whifs im expecting this year to have most no hitters ever, no hitters are no longer a big deal imo. they will be as common as stingrays off the seal beach pier, ask any of those fisherman how common, they catch a sting ray every 10 minutes

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
AKA Winkyduck

Very aware of it. I figure he takes the mound Monday vs the Red Sox in the brutally early Patriots Day start. Damn right I'll be on the darker color Sox

You flirt with a perfect game - damn right I am fading you next start although I probably will go F5 since I don't think he will last that long and might get torched.

I take that back. Maybe. If Eduardo Rodriguez goes for the Bosox he is a leftie and CWS DESTRPYS lefties. They might put up 8 so if E-Rod is pitching for the Red Sox I'll probably be on OVER in what might be something like an 8-7 kind of game

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The White Sox pitching staff is loaded.

Is there a better group, 1 through 12, in MLB?

Okay, the Dodgers feature an embarrassment of riches.

Let's call the White Sox staff the best in the American League.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Carlos Rodon retired the first 25 batters he faced.

Rodon lost a perfect game when he hit a batter with one out in the top of the ninth inning.

Heim

EOG Master
The O/U at most books used to be 2.5, juiced to the over. Haven't bet it for a while but doubt it's surpassed 3 even with the dead balls this season.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One of the more unlikely pitchers to throw a no-hitter. Rodon has had a lot of health issues.

it’s a matter of time before the Cubs are no-hit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
its a good time to go to desert inn and bet the 50-1 on a no hitter, if only it was 1999

The Rio, led by Sonny Reizner, also offered the no-hitter prop.

Think early 1990's.

Only one problem: It was a one-way prop. "No no-hitter" was not offered.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Did I read that right? The 20th no-hitter thrown for the White Sox. Really!?

Two perfect games for the White Sox.

White Sox pitchers have authored 20 of the 307 no-no's and two of the 23 perfectos.

Mark Buehrle (2009) and Phil Humber (2012) with the perfect games.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Most pitchers who author no-hitters hug their catchers first.

Rodon last night hugged third baseman Yoan Moncada first.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
April and September the most likely months for no- hitters. Cold weather and September call-ups the reasons.

And with minor league action on hold, there's a decent number of players in the big leagues right now who would be playing Double-A or Triple-A baseball in non-pandemic times.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I had to look but surprised Wilbur Wood never threw one. He dominated the AL for 3-4 years.

That knuckler could really dance.

skinny

EOG Addicted
I had to look but surprised Wilbur Wood never threw one. He dominated the AL for 3-4 years.

That knuckler could really dance.
Wilbur Wood once started both games of a double header.
It was around 1975 for the white sox.

railbird

EOG Master
Wilbur Wood once started both games of a double header.
It was around 1975 for the white sox.
i threw a `147 pitch 7 inning shutout as a 14 yr old pony leauge pitcher back in 1982, i hit a texas leauger to break 0-0 tie in the 1st round of all star game vs la mirada, we were costa mesa, brent mayne was our shortstop, eric vandoren owner of vans tennis shoes was 3rd baseman. seattle mariners owner George Argyros was our team sponsor.

skinny

EOG Addicted
i threw a `147 pitch 7 inning shutout as a 14 yr old pony leauge pitcher back in 1982, i hit a texas leauger to break 0-0 tie in the 1st round of all star game vs la mirada, we were costa mesa, brent mayne was our shortstop, eric vandoren owner of vans tennis shoes was 3rd baseman. seattle mariners owner George Argyros was our team sponsor.
Today you would be taken out after 60 pitches and told you need a week of rest before you could pitch again.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

lol you’re a clown

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I once saw RAILBIRD's scrapbook.

Impressive, very impressive.

Live arm as a pitcher and a quarterback.

railbird

EOG Master
I once saw RAILBIRD's scrapbook.

Impressive, very impressive.

Live arm as a pitcher and a quarterback.
i struck out many with straight change and forkball. i threw 89 as sophmore and only 86 my senior yr after an ankle ligament tear from a trampoline mishap in a game called aeroball

railbird

EOG Master
not every pitcher can throw a football well, not every qb can throw a baseball well. im surprsied there hasnt been many that played both, colin kapernack is the only 1 i can think of. russ wilson and elway were not pitchers.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I’m betting everyone here on the forum was an outstanding athlete in high school...just a hunch

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
All-State in football, basketball and baseball.

Homecoming King and Prom King.

Most Likely to Succeed and Graduation Speaker.

Like everyone here at EOG, I enjoyed my high school years.

But I really started to grow during my time in college.

Last edited: