Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

Cannon

Banned
His record by year

<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=215><TBODY><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2010:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>35-24, +10.55 UNITS, 59.32%
Details</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2009:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>40-19, +22.10 UNITS, 67.80%
Details</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2008:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>23-19, +5.00 UNITS, 54.7%
Details</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#dddddd colSpan=4 align=middle>[−] Expand for full history</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=215><TBODY><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top width="20%" noWrap align=middle>2007:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" width="80%" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>23-21, +2.55 UNITS, 52.2%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2006:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>27-21, +0.50 UNITS, 56.7%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2005:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>38-29*, +5.05 UNITS, 56.7%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2004:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>44-42*, +0.85 UNITS, 51.1%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2003:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>58-46*, +1.85 UNITS, 55.7%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2002:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>17-23, -8.70 UNITS, 42.5%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2001:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>18-13, +5.60 UNITS, 58.1%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>2000:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>19-18, +1.90 UNITS, 51.3%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top width="20%" noWrap align=middle>1999:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>24-14, +6.40 UNITS, 63.1%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>1998:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" colSpan=3 align=left>33-35, +1.80 UNITS, 48.5%
Details | Write-Ups</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 vAlign=top width="20%" noWrap align=middle>1997:</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 2px" width="80%" colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>36-29, +6.20 UNITS, 55.38%
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cannon

Banned
Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

He says he is up 61.65 units the last 14 years. That is an average of +4.40 Units a year for $895. Also that is with his lines which we won't get.

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

He never should have raised his prices so much, ruined the good karma, and made it too difficult for the average player to make a profit.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

if we can get 447 guys to pitch in 2 bucks, i'll kick in the extra duckett.

The service has evolved so much since 1997, it is like comparing apples to oranges, but even just looking since we started ending the service after 8 weeks, which was six years ago: 58.3% on 319 plays, +7.625 units per 8 week season or an average of +0.95 units per week. I highly doubt there are many legitimate, fully transparent records against widely available -110 lines that compare over that time frame in CFB. Both win rates and units have trended upwards significantly the past two years as we shifted focus more to totals.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Edward Golden will appear on "The EOG Sports Hour" during the final week of August.

For more information, go to www.eogradio.com.

You would be better off selling them at 25 bux a week. You have been averaging less than 50 plays a year for the past 5 years. Thats around 18 bux a play. Shit can the yearly service and have a late phone service for 20 or 25 bux a play.

Unless of course with the increase in rate you try and release more plays. Which may not have the desired effect.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Anyone have his hoop record last year? I know after raising the price substantially he was talking a lot of smack about how good he is, did he chase his way out of the jam?

I'm sure you'd say the same about a 56% win-rate over 3 years and 1,850 picks accross multiple markets against mature widely available -110 lines.

munson15

I want winners...

Hey, let's give him credit here. What tout would EVER come into a forum and announce that he had lost money the season before. Ed's integrity is beyond reproach, my only problem was the vastly increased rates he charges.

pippy

EOG Addicted

He is going to have to charge more in future for his service to maintain its value imo...

ATX

Hey, let's give him credit here. What tout would EVER come into a forum and announce that he had lost money the season before. Ed's integrity is beyond reproach, my only problem was the vastly increased rates he charges.

McIrish knows about as much about integrity as Rainbow and Dogball know about grammar.

not only a stiff, guy was as gutless as Wilheim in his days as an rx mod.

rainbow

EOG Master

McIrish knows about as much about integrity as Rainbow and Dogball know about grammar.

not only a stiff, guy was as gutless as Wilheim in his days as an rx mod.
And you know as much about this industry than my left ***... You know absolutely ZILCH about this industry, you can keep your grammar over my sports knowledge anyday of the week because that doesn't put a quarter in no one's pocket... You can buy pretenders like you a dime a dozen... I would give anything to be locked up in a cell with you for one year and we both had a million going in... I would own everything you ever had if you got weak enough to swap basketball, football, or baseball games with me... I would bust you putting up qtr lines, 1st and 2nd half lines, i wouldn't even need to swap nothing else, because I DEFINTELY know your head isn't shaped right to put up 2nd half lines muchless ML's... Now go back and crawl in your hole where you come from...

ATX

And you know as much about this industry than my left ***... You know absolutely ZILCH about this industry...I would give anything to be locked up in a cell with you for one year and we both had a million going in...

well, I guess only one of us fits the criteria for your prison fantasy :LMAO

I've seen your work, your epic fail in a heads up against the forum clown, Railbird :+textinb3

I've got a fairly large sample size to draw from, covering about 10 years and every major sport including MMA. I would crush your lines at -120.

rainbow

EOG Master

I've seen your work, your epic fail in a heads up against the forum clown, Railbird :+textinb3

I've got a fairly large sample size to draw from, covering about 10 years and every major sport including MMA. I would crush your lines at -120.

Anytime you like to put up all the qtr lines, 1st halfs, 2nd halfs, and ML's and we swap the sheet let me know so we know how much to post-up with JK...PS: these 1st halfs, qtrs, and Ml's will be posted the day before using the over night lines and than we will see how much you really know about this business... I know MORE about this business than you in my sleep and you can bank on that SUCKER...:whip:

rainbow

EOG Master

People like you I would give half their money back to them, because I wouldn't want to win your lunch money...LOL...

rainbow

EOG Master

Noway I would do that to you... You get reduced juice, you are going to need more than that when I send you home crying to your Mom...

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I wish he would triple his prices.

AS it is, CFB is worthwhile.

Without thegreek I have no use for CBB. Can't get his lines anymore.

Sean

MrTop

EOG Master

Right Angle Sports $895 is well worth it if you could get their lines. RAS is very good IMO.

Cannon

Banned

232-220, -8.6 units.

The roof caved in on him Jan 12th. I was fading him when he started the downward spiral and betting the closing line on the fade it was some good money.
After Jan 12th he could not pick his nose.

Cannon

Banned

Last year in football he started off 23-12 the first four weeks then he went 12-12 the last four weeks. Looks like he starts off good and then the winning stops the second half of the service for some reason.

Cannon, you really need to take a longer term approach to following handicappers. Fading ANY handicapper is a losing propisition. No one loses consistently enough over the long term to beat -110. Trying this strategy with a handicapper that actually WINS long term is even worse. If you think you have a talent for predicting when a handicapper is going to get hot or cold, you're just kidding yourself.

January 12th for CBB and after Week 4 for CFB are just arbitrary but all you would have to do is go back to the previous two seasons for each sport to see that the strategy hasn't worked.

In 2009-10 CBB we won +41.8 units after Jan 12th, and in 2008-09 +10.6 units after Jan 12th.

In 2009 CFB we won +10.6 units after week 4, and in 2008 +5.40 units after week 4.

Every year, and every week is different. The long term is what matters.

Cannon, you really need to take a longer term approach to following handicappers. Fading ANY handicapper is a losing propisition. No one loses consistently enough over the long term to beat -110. Trying this strategy with a handicapper that actually WINS long term is even worse. If you think you have a talent for predicting when a handicapper is going to get hot or cold, you're just kidding yourself.

January 12th for CBB and after Week 4 for CFB are just arbitrary but all you would have to do is go back to the previous two seasons for each sport to see that the strategy hasn't worked.

In 2009-10 CBB we won +41.8 units after Jan 12th, and in 2008-09 +10.6 units after Jan 12th.

In 2009 CFB we won +10.6 units after week 4, and in 2008 +5.40 units after week 4.

Every year, and every week is different. The long term is what matters.

And that is the fatal flaw of all touts, because it is just as correct to say 'no one can win consistently enough to FOLLOW them' either. Because if the negative is true more than likely so is the positive. But the usual tout speak snuck in as 'long term winner'. Which is somehow supposed to negate the other statement.

If a tout is as good as you say they are, and they are grading themselves on a curve of the numbers they bet. The it is more than probable that if they are moving the numbers going against them and getting an even better number versus them than they bet for themselves would give an anti position a bigger win chance.

if a guy is a 54% capper long term, technically profitable the way most of them grade themselves. Then their edge is only about 2% or so. So if they really have the pull or the followers to move lines enough then a fader can most definitely get that 2% back and probably more because they have the luxury of hindsight and the move to use for themselves. Thats why originators arent the end all be all that many people claim. And why peopel that manipulate the line and go the opposite way do have a distinct advantage over guys betting into a line that hasnt seen any action.

But even that assumes the guy is good enough to pick the 'right' lines to move around. Which is also a big assumption. But blindly thinking someone is either smart enough or dumb enough is the same argument. Guys that believe in a 'market' or lines having value one way or the other should believe that more than anything else. but all their math talks get convoluted with the reputation of the people that are betting the lines making those numbers more advantageous in the first place. So it is a vicious circle. You either trust the man or you trust the numbers, you cant trust both. Although some people will claim you can.

No, it is not a flaw. There are people who win 54% or better long term. We've hit over 56% (graded against WA lines) on our last 2000 picks ourselves. I don't know anyone who loses 54% or better long term. It is hard for me to believe that a talent for picking losers at a profitable rate long term exists. You either have an edge or you don't have an edge.

The average line move isn't going to make a 46% subset profitable at -110 over the long term.

I don't think anyone is suggesting people should "blindly" follow anyone. Due dilligence is always wise.

they dont need to, thats the point. I would suspect cherry picking the best moves would be enough. It isnt about the spread anyway it is more about looking at MLs that is where it is at. A guy gives a team out -3 -105. His clients hammer it, they go to -3 -120 or so. The Monely on them went from +125 to +145. The fader takes the dog ML and if they win that is a huge swing in variance right there. +145 is only 41% to profit. Cherry pick a few of those games and it isnt even close. Obviously they have to win, but at a much lower chance.

Blindly fading no probably not. But getting lines moves that make big ML swings no question. Because win expectations are greatly reduced.

they dont need to, thats the point. I would suspect cherry picking the best moves would be enough. It isnt about the spread anyway it is more about looking at MLs that is where it is at. A guy gives a team out -3 -105. His clients hammer it, they go to -3 -120 or so. The Monely on them went from +125 to +145. The fader takes the dog ML and if they win that is a huge swing in variance right there. +145 is only 41% to profit. Cherry pick a few of those games and it isnt even close. Obviously they have to win, but at a much lower chance.

Blindly fading no probably not. But getting lines moves that make big ML swings no question. Because win expectations are greatly reduced.

"Cherry picking" games requires some sort of knowledge or expertise. Who is to say which are the "best" ones? If you have that kind of talent, you're in good shape. My argument was that you can't win blindly fading someone.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

I don't think anyone is suggesting people should "blindly" follow anyone. Due dilligence is always wise.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

ed--must disagree. if i pay a fee i am not picking and choosing. i'm following blindly

I don't think anyone is suggesting people should "blindly" follow anyone. Due dilligence is always wise.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

ed--must disagree. if i pay a fee i am not picking and choosing. i'm following blindly

I agree with you, that is not what I meant.

I was referring to this comment, "But blindly thinking someone is either smart enough or dumb enough is the same argument."

After doing your due dilligence about the handicapper, you should feel comfortable following all of their plays.

munson15

I want winners...

Interesting discussion, guys, thanks.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

OF course, RAS is the exception, you DO have to blindly follow him (ok you have 1 second to make a call)

Wait 5 seconds and it is way too late.........

Just to be clear, I meant due dilligence on the handicapper, not each pick they release.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Anytime you like to put up all the qtr lines, 1st halfs, 2nd halfs, and ML's and we swap the sheet let me know so we know how much to post-up with JK...PS: these 1st halfs, qtrs, and Ml's will be posted the day before using the over night lines and than we will see how much you really know about this business... I know MORE about this business than you in my sleep and you can bank on that SUCKER..

You are exactly right. Believe me you will wait a long time before you see ATX post up a quarter anywhere, he's one of those guys that talks the big numbers in the forum but doesn't have a pot to piss in. He was tracked at the RX and he got buried, I mean buriedwith a capital B. Since then he doesn't keep records, he relies more on telling everyone he's a winner, LOL, that's much easier to pull off. You are correct, you've forgotten more about this business then he will ever know.

Back to thread topic of course there's always room to disagree. Personally I don't think you can follow any tout in the world and be a longterm winner. RAS got hammered last year, in his good years he posted moderate wins other than a rare exception here and there. After his fees good luck making money. Also his win rates are nothing close to what many of his followers can say, they are often playing into much worse numbers then RAS uses to keep score. Eddie markets his opinions and paints a rosy picture but awful tough to overcome regular vig and win consistently, pay tout juice on top of it and you're basically pissing up a rope.

In conclusion I think if anyone even halfway serious put the same time and effort into learning to win as they do following these touts they would be miles ahead of the game. Secondly if RAS was such a huge success as he reminds us of on an almost constant basis he wouldn't be out here hustling his picks every year. I warned people last year and I imagine we'll see more of the same, because of their fees touts winning regardless of whether or not their clients see a dime. Carry on.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Hey, let's give him credit here. What tout would EVER come into a forum and announce that he had lost money the season before. Ed's integrity is beyond reproach.....

No offense but I don't think he has much choice Munson. After all the shit talking there's too many people here that took it up the ass for him to come here and bullshit us about this record. Pretty telling about the tout industry though that we give massive props to a tout for telling the truth. Integrity beyond reproach because he didn't try to lie about the bloodbath he gave to his folllowers last year? LOL. And for the record most followers wish they had only lost the 8 units he uses for his record, the one's I know got buried because they of course never play into the same number that Eddie uses to boast about. Many lost 30 units and up and that was before the massively increased tout fees RAS charged. Not sure about this integrity but has a lot of balls out here again promising the world after destroying everyone last year.

because he didn't try to lie about the bloodbath he gave to his folllowers last year?

Our three most recent seasons:
CBB -8.20 units
CFB +10.55 units
WNBA: +11.00 units YTD
Overall: +13.35 units

May all my "bloodbaths" be this good. Get your facts straight before posting, please.

We had our first losing CBB season ever last year. No denying that. We also won 40 and 60 units respectively in CBB each of the two years prior. If the market were to set odds on us winning in CBB in 2011-2012, YES would be a huge favorite. No doubt about it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

WNBA? Seriously? You couldn't make this up if you tried. I think he just said it all, he needs beaver ball to show a profit over "his three most recent seasons". He didn't win in hoops or football when you throw in his fees and used real numbers, you didn't come close, but he was able to beat the WNBA (if you got his numbers), LOL. Why not pad your record with some Arena plays this year Eddie?

:+textinb3

If you want to continue to ignore all available facts and evidence, go right ahead, but you are pretty much just wrong on everything. Enjoy.

kickitGOOD

EOG Enthusiast

WNBA? Seriously? You couldn't make this up if you tried. I think he just said it all, he needs beaver ball to show a profit over "his three most recent seasons". He didn't win in hoops or football when you throw in his fees and used real numbers, you didn't come close, but he was able to beat the WNBA (if you got his numbers), LOL. Why not pad your record with some Arena plays this year Eddie?

:+textinb3

Padding his record with WNBA when Pinnacle is taking 5k/3k on sides/totals when they release? Really? :+clueless

That's a tough market to beat. The more you run your mouth the more dumb things you go on the record with...

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I agree with McIrish in general. When you weigh the cost and the missed best price you get a completely different set of results and 99% of customers just pull up their trousers and get on with their life.