Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

Obviously as stated before, the first week went a big terrible for me. Outside of the fee, i think the most important thing to any Ras subscriber is, i hope you have alot of time and effort to put forth with trying to follow them. Obviously they have release dates, that they do try and follow, but there clearly is more out of the no place type of releases and whatever info comes in or they find value when the market shifts or whatever it is they see to make a non play (that wasnt released previously) a play now..I personally have tried to put forth alot of effort in this so i could make an honest evalution of the service, i have went as far as switching my days around at work/getting out early, so i could try and be around for the Tuesday side releases. I already had Thursday off for total releases.. I thought these would be your release times as they were the first week, clearly things have changed, and i will get to that later.

Week 1

Plays were suppose to be released on a Tuesday, Ras was trying to work out the kinks of the new platform they were trying to go forward with. Well they obviously couldnt figure it out, as the release date kept getting pushed back and more back day after day (which was really inconvient for me, as i work during the morning release periods)..So after switching around shifts, leaving early, doing whatever i could do to try and be avaliable for the next release schedule time, only to have it pushed back yet again..Fustrating is an understatement..

So finally the big day comes along that the release was gonna happen on the new platform, the First play went off great, i even got the same exact number that he put out, took some quick work, but i was able to land it (what a plus it even won)..The second play was schedule to go off, so i got all ready again with my 3 laptops and ipad to try and grab the same number again, as the counter goes down to 0, well no play pops up..I'm scrolling Sportoptions trying to figure out the play, and i see Flordia being blacked out and like 5 seconds later, Flordia pops up on the release platform..By the time i knew for 100% certain of the play, obviously i could tell by watching SO, the line went from 31 to 34 so i lost all value and passed on it..

Onto the Thursday release, Ras decided the new platform wasnt gonna work (i think this is a big bummer, once i finally saw the old platform and what u had to do to get the play, the new platform was way better and time effective so u had a better chance at getting the released number).. The first alert goes and says, there will be 2 plays being released at so and so time, so i get all ready and waiting for the release, now on the old platform, once the clock gets to 0, u need to refresh to get the pick to pop up, i refresh and no pick, refresh again and finally the picks up..Missed some value, but got the play in non the less (once the number gets on the move, its hard to get a number secured before hitting submitt)..Ended up getting the 2nd play as well..I thought we were done for the day, so i instantly headed out of the house..Not much later after i leave the house, i get an alert, that they are about to start releasing more plays in 5 minutes and there is noway i can get back home, plus i was in the middle of something so at that point i wasnt about to go back home anyways, as i thought we were done for the day..

Overall Week 1, i ended up putting in 4 plays out of 13 (i was at work on saturday and missed those as well, except a 2nd half total where i pulled over and put it in quickly when i got the text alert)

Week 2

Monday releases isnt a possibility for me, regardless what i do i cant be sitting home by a computer to get them in..Unfortunatly there was no releases today, so switching my shift around to be available on today wasnt needed as they all went out yesterday..I do have Thursday off, lets hope i get the releases as planned

Pro's:
- I think he truly cares about his clients, he has really reached out to me since the start to see how its all went for me
-He's a documented winner, u can hate him for that, but his results do lead to money into your pocket

Cons:
-I dont like the new platform, having to refresh the screen, is wasting time and costing people value (they need to get the new platform figured out asap, it saves alot of seconds for the player, which leads to getting better numbers) - seconds is very important with this service
-U need to be avaliable monday/tuesday/thursday/saturday (if i was paying for a service, this isnt practical, i want convience along with winners, this is like a part time job if not worse)
-He needs to make his platform more convient, with this day and age of technology, you should be able to access his releases on a tin can if u wanted, i couldnt use my ipad to get the releases from work or even my phone, wasnt compatiable.

Overall:

If you have alot of time, and dont mind being glued to your computer for upwards of 3 hours 3 days a week, and all day Saturday, i would recommend him. He does win, he does move markets and i think he actually cares how his clients are doing with the service.

Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

I appreciate you taking all of the time to evaluate the service and give quality feedback.

It is always a delicate balance between making the service convenient and providing the best value possible. I'm sure a lot of subscribers are divided on this as well. Some would vote for more convenience, and others would vote to maximize volume, plays, value, etc. I don't think people realize how much easier it is to win as an individual, when you can bet whatever you want, how you want, where you want, when you want, as opposed to the restrictions involved when servicing a large following. We do our best, but it is a challenge.

With that said, the service will get much easier to follow as the season goes on. Release times will be solidified, and the FCS schedule really dies down after this week, so you'll be looking at the majority of releases coming Monday (sides) and Thursday (totals) in two hour windows or less.

At some point, we will get a system in place where the refreshing will be eliminated. I just lost faith in the guy developing the new system and more or less ran out of time and patience to allow him to do further testing and troubleshooting with live releases. We are looking into other solutions now.

Thanks again.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

If you could secure the new platform, i think that alot would make getting the release number so much easier, over having to click refresh until it pops up. Having that extra hand to put in the bet instead of refreshing would be huge..

I still have a few days left, hopefully i can utilize it and make some money, one thing for sure is you do release winners and thats the main objective to most who shell out money for a service.

kickitGOOD

EOG Enthusiast

If you could secure the new platform, i think that alot would make getting the release number so much easier, over having to click refresh until it pops up. Having that extra hand to put in the bet instead of refreshing would be huge..

I still have a few days left, hopefully i can utilize it and make some money, one thing for sure is you do release winners and thats the main objective to most who shell out money for a service.

You think you can finagle a subscription for the season and continue with your commentary. I thought your experience was interesting to hear about.

Cannon

Banned

This is way to much work to be betting $200-$300 a game for me. I tried it and don't have the time for what I bet them for. I will stick with betting the steam plays I get from a bookie golfing buddy.. The line move did not cost you on Ras this week. They post them for free on most sites so if you want them why pay for them..
I would bet Ras the first month of his 8 weeks of foots as he was 12-12 last year the second half by his lines. Same for Baskets the last two years starts off great then tanks.

I would bet Ras the first month of his 8 weeks of foots as he was 12-12 last year the second half by his lines. Same for Baskets the last two years starts off great then tanks.

Fact check:

CBB L/3 years (Feb-March only)

2008-09: 104-90
2009-10: 103-63
2010-11: 110-108

317-261, 54.8%

CFB L/3 years (last 4 weeks only)

2008: 12-7
2009: 18-11
2010: 12-12

42-30, 58.3%

Wrong yet again Cannon.

texansfan

EOG Master

which was really inconvient for me, as i work during the morning release periods. So after switching around shifts, leaving early, doing whatever i could do to try and be avaliable for the next release schedule time, only to have it pushed back yet again..Fustrating is an understatement.

Sorry Tuck, but this part sounded funny.
:LMAO

munson15

I want winners...

Fact check:

CBB L/3 years (Feb-March only)

2008-09: 104-90
2009-10: 103-63
2010-11: 110-108

317-261, 54.8%

CFB L/3 years (last 4 weeks only)

2008: 12-7
2009: 18-11
2010: 12-12

42-30, 58.3%

Wrong yet again Cannon.
This is the best argument you could make for documentation. :cheers

kickitGOOD

EOG Enthusiast

Big Saturday for RAS... 11-2 if this Stanford/Arizona game stays under and loses.

Both higher unit plays won easy too. Pretty impressive! :cheers

WVU

EOG Master

I surely hope the releases go better tommorrow, i missed out on the 2nd side release last week because the platform messed up. I spent like 6 hours over 2 days waiting only to not get the 2nd one 2348ji23e

1-10 rate the service

rainbow

EOG Master

Edward, nice day...

Final numbers for 2011 CFB:

Wins/Losses: 48-27
Units: +19.30
Win Percentage: 64.00%
Average Closing Line Value: +1.77

Winning-Losing Weeks: 6-2
2.00 UNIT Plays: 0-0
1.50 UNIT Plays: 2-0
Sides: 22-15
Totals: 26-12

Second Half Plays: 6-8

All plays with release line, closing line, and final score can be always be reviewed on our pick-archive page.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Final numbers for 2011 CFB:

Wins/Losses: 48-27
Units: +19.30
Win Percentage: 64.00%
Average Closing Line Value: +1.77

Winning-Losing Weeks: 6-2
2.00 UNIT Plays: 0-0
1.50 UNIT Plays: 2-0
Sides: 22-15
Totals: 26-12

Second Half Plays: 6-8

All plays with release line, closing line, and final score can be always be reviewed on our pick-archive page.
Congratulations on an outstanding year Edward!

Ed,

Arn't you missing out on CFB plays with an edge when you focus on CBB exclusively? Is it feasable for you and your staff to cap both?

Ed,

Arn't you missing out on CFB plays with an edge when you focus on CBB exclusively? Is it feasable for you and your staff to cap both?

There are so many more opportunities to be had in CBB, especially in the early months of the season. We just think our time is much better spent focused completely on CBB. At no point during CBB is work ever "done" so we would have to give up some CBB time if we still did CFB, and even then it would be difficult to cover CFB at the level we are accustomed to.