Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

d ray

EOG Dedicated
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

?

is this for real?

please be kidding......

d ray

EOG Dedicated
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

are they even in the top 5?

nope...

d ray

EOG Dedicated

off the top of my head, i'd rather have TB's top 2, Arizona's and the cubs'

Apple

Banned

I can't think of five d ray.. I think Sheets and CC make a excellent 1-2

Sheets 10-2 2.77
Sabathia won the Cy Young last season and his ERA is under 4..

At least top 3.. Who am I forgetting here?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

sabathia won the CY young last year....who cares?? he's 6-8 this year...he's a fat out of shape pile of shit. Brewers gave up WAY TOO much

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I can't think of five d ray.. I think Sheets and CC make a excellent 1-2

Sheets 10-2 2.77
Sabathia won the Cy Young last season and his ERA is under 4..

At least top 3.. Who am I forgetting here?

If i had to go into the playoffs, this season, i would take (in no particular order) before them

Santana-Maine
Zambrano-Dempster
Webb-Haren
Beckett-Matsuzaka
Bedard-Hernandez
Lackey-Saunders

d ray

EOG Dedicated

If i had to go into the playoffs, this season, i would take (in no particular order) before them

Santana-Maine
Zambrano-Dempster
Webb-Haren
Beckett-Matsuzaka
Bedard-Hernandez
Lackey-Saunders

there's 6 i agree with, don't forget about Kazmir and Shields

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

there's 6 i agree with, don't forget about Kazmir and Shields

oh yeah, i did forget them...they should definitely be on the list this year

Apple

Banned

Santana-Maine
Zambrano-Dempster
Webb-Haren
Beckett-Matsuzaka
Bedard-Hernandez
Lackey-Saunders

Thanks bucsfan..

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseba

Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseba

Santana-Maine
Zambrano-Dempster
Webb-Haren
Beckett-Matsuzaka
Bedard-Hernandez
Lackey-Saunders

No Volquez/Harang on your list?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

No Volquez/Harang on your list?

not the way harang is pitching this year, i wouldnt take them over Sheets/Sabathia, no..

rjt721

EOG Master

Halladay and Marcum or McGowan belongs in this discussion. Same with Harden and Duchscherer in Oakland.

rjt721

EOG Master

Ryan Dempster's nowhere near a No. 2 starter. Sorry.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

his stats are better then CC's.................neither does he I guess.:smokesmal

yeah CC won the Cy Young last year, but not quite sure what that has to do with 2008.

Apple

Banned

rjt.

Where would you rank sheets and CC?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Are you kidding?

rjt721

EOG Master

his stats are better then CC's.................neither does he I guess.:smokesmal
Sure, his stats for the first 3 months. Cliff Lee's stats are better than Johan's. Talk to me in mid-September.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i'll take these stats from my #2 starter anyday..

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody> <tr class="bg4" align="left"> <td>
</td> <td>Player</td> <td>P</td> <td>GP</td> <td>GS</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>SV</td> <td>SVO</td> <td>CG</td> <td>SHO</td> <td>R</td> <td>ERA</td> <td>IP</td> <td>SO</td> <td>BB</td> <td>AVG</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="middle">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="middle">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="bgFan" valign="center" align="right" height="17"> <td align="right"> 46</td> <td align="left">Ryan Dempster</td> <td align="middle">SP</td> <td>18</td> <td>18</td> <td>9</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>47</td> <td>3.24</td> <td>111.0</td> <td>93</td> <td>43</td> <td>.215</td></tr></tbody></table>

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Sure, his stats for the first 3 months. Cliff Lee's stats are better than Johan's. Talk to me in mid-September.

:+textinb3 I'll be waiting.

Some of you people are on fucking crack.

rjt721

EOG Master

rjt.

Where would you rank sheets and CC?
Definitely top 3.

Boston's been mentioned top 5 by a few on here. Not that I disagree, but it's Beckett/Lester that should be discussed, not Beckett/Daisuke.

Apple

Banned

Obviously we have the what have you done for me lately mentally going around here..

Sabathia is one of the best isn't he?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Obviously we have the what have you done for me lately mentally going around here..

It better be lately for the Brewers sake, he won't be there in 2009

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Sabathia is a good pitcher.....i thought your question asked are they now the best 1-2 combo in the league, and THIS YEAR, i dont think they are....they are 2 very solid pitchers, no doubt, but the best i didnt think so...

Sabathia has not been his usual self this year, that is the main reason for my disagreement....and next year, Dempster might go 10-10, and i wouldnt pick him.....i based my list on if i were taking a team to the playoffs , this year, who i would want on the mound my first 2 games..

And anyone who thinks that Win-Loss record is a good indicator of a pitcher's performance and/or ability.

the ape

EOG Addicted

ben sheets top 5 in ml
cc sabthia top 10 in ml

top 2-3 imo

5 star bomb

EOG Master

And anyone who thinks that Zambrano-Dempster is a better combo.

you are just a Cubs hater and that is very well documented... you bash them at every chance you get... to suggest that Zambrano and Demp isnt a top 5 sp duo this year is an absolute joke. They are definitely top 3 without a doubt. The #'s dont lie

rjt721

EOG Master

Sabathia is a good pitcher.....i thought your question asked are they now the best 1-2 combo in the league, and THIS YEAR, i dont think they are....they are 2 very solid pitchers, no doubt, but the best i didnt think so...

Sabathia has not been his usual self this year, that is the main reason for my disagreement....and next year, Dempster might go 10-10, and i wouldnt pick him.....i based my list on if i were taking a team to the playoffs , this year, who i would want on the mound my first 2 games..
What are you looking at? Not including wins, which can obviously be attributed to Dempster playing for the far superior team, their numbers are very comparable. This is with C.C. getting rocked in his first four starts.

Give me C.C. over Dempster last year, this year, next year and five years from now. It's really not even close.

JH85

EOG Addicted

sabathia won the CY young last year....who cares?? he's 6-8 this year...he's a fat out of shape pile of shit. Brewers gave up WAY TOO much

Sabathia leads all MLB in stikeouts.....so I dont know how you say he sucks.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

What are you looking at? Not including wins, which can obviously be attributed to Dempster playing for the far superior team, their numbers are very comparable. This is with C.C. getting rocked in his first four starts.

Give me C.C. over Dempster last year, this year, next year and five years from now. It's really not even close.

i did not say Dempster was a better pitcher than CC....i said i would rather have Zambo/Dempster, THIS YEAR, as a 1-2, than i would have Sheets/CC THIS YEAR....that is all.....

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i did not say Dempster was a better pitcher than CC....i said i would rather have Zambo/Dempster, THIS YEAR, as a 1-2, than i would have Sheets/CC THIS YEAR....that is all.....

exactly how I feel...... 91023i2ndw;l

rjt721

EOG Master

5 star and Bucsfan,

Game 7 of the LCS. Who would you prefer giving the ball to with a spot in the World Series on the line -- C.C. or Dempster?