Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseba

Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseba

5 star and Bucsfan,

Game 7 of the LCS. Who would you prefer giving the ball to with a spot in the World Series on the line -- C.C. or Dempster?

This year..... Dempster

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Sabathia leads all MLB in stikeouts.....so I dont know how you say he sucks.

not saying he sucks, just a horrible trade for the 'crew, he won't be there in 2009 and to argue with this thread there are alot better 1-2 combos. Not top 3.

JH85

EOG Addicted

not saying he sucks, just a horrible trade for the 'crew, he won't be there in 2009 and to argue with this thread there are alot better 1-2 combos. Not top 3.

Calling him a fat out of shape pile of shit isn't exactly singing his praises. I agree that they arent the top combo but Sabathia is still a very good pitcher.

the ape

EOG Addicted
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

most of my friends who r casual fans dont even know who ben sheets is i think that is loco the guy is one of the best pitchers in all of the majors

Apple

Banned

Calling him a fat out of shape pile of shit isn't exactly singing his praises. I agree that they arent the top combo but Sabathia is still a very good pitcher.

Top 3 though correct?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

5 star and Bucsfan,

Game 7 of the LCS. Who would you prefer giving the ball to with a spot in the World Series on the line -- C.C. or Dempster?

based on his consistancy and performance, this year, i would take Dempster....

Last year, CC (of course Demps was a closer)

next year, might be CC again....this is just an "all star" year for Dempster, and he has shown over 18 starts, that it isnt a fluke, that he can do the job...

Now all this is based on the 1st half of the year, cuz thats all we have seen, if CC goes to Milwaukee and reverts to form, then i might change my mind....but we are supposed to be basing this on this season i thought....

if we are basing it on "career" then the #1 duo would be Peavy/Maddux i would think.....but not anymore

webb haren by a nose; but sheets sabathia much more run support.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Brewers made a HUGE mistake getting rid of Laporta. Especially since C.C. is going to be looking for a huge deal in the off season. I doubt Brewers can hold on to him beyond this year. Very risky move

you are just a Cubs hater and that is very well documented... you bash them at every chance you get... to suggest that Zambrano and Demp isnt a top 5 sp duo this year is an absolute joke. They are definitely top 3 without a doubt. The #'s dont lie

Right, I'M the one who's proven I can't be objective and keep my personal feelings on a player or team out of an intelligent debate. Yeah, that's me, not you. Definitely. Of course. Yup.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Let the adults talk now. Go play tea party with your friends.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Skins stick to NBA. Baseball isn't your thing...

Journeyman

EOG Master

sabathia won the CY young last year....who cares?? he's 6-8 this year...he's a fat out of shape pile of shit. Brewers gave up WAY TOO much

Was he in better shape last yr?

What he did earlier means nothing.... I can give you several examples, here's a couple, Rick Sutcliffe, Doyle Alexander and Randy Johnson all left their teams during the season and went on to dominate with their new team ...there are many others, this is a the perfect storm for C.C. to turn it around.

I doubt his shape has anything to do with it, he's never been in shape. :rolleyes:

rjt721

EOG Master

This year..... Dempster

based on his consistancy and performance, this year, i would take Dempster....

You guys are both delusional. What do you mean "this year"? Wouldn't you want the best pitcher in this spot, a distinction that surely points to C.C. being the easy choice?

Now all this is based on the 1st half of the year, cuz thats all we have seen, if CC goes to Milwaukee and reverts to form, then i might change my mind....but we are supposed to be basing this on this season i thought....

Reverts back to form? What are you talking about?

Sabathia has a 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 109 Ks in 104.1 IP over his last 14 starts. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good form. He's a lefthanded power pitcher in the prime of his career, yet you'd take Ryan Dempster over him based on 3 months of work? Wow. That's unbelievable. Take off the Cubs blinders. Thanks in advance.

the ape

EOG Addicted

im with rjt721 here

That's unbelievable.

Really? You can't believe that some Cubs homers are unable to be objective when it comes to an intelligent, rational baseball conversation? Really?

REALLY?!?!?

Journeyman

EOG Master

You guys are both delusional. What do you mean "this year"? Wouldn't you want the best pitcher in this spot, a distinction that surely points to C.C. being the easy choice?

Sabathia has a 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 109 Ks in 104.1 IP over his last 14 starts. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good form. He's a lefthanded power pitcher in the prime of his career, yet you'd take Ryan Dempster over him based on 3 months of work? Wow. That's unbelievable. Take off the Cubs blinders. Thanks in advance.

Cubs fans have been delusional for 100 years :houra :houra :houra

<5 Star Sausage gobbler :+textinb3

rjt721

EOG Master

Really? You can't believe that some Cubs homers are unable to be objective when it comes to an intelligent, rational baseball conversation? Really?

REALLY?!?!?
Good point.

Fuck it, I can do it too. Tim Wakefield and Justin Masterson are the premier 1/2 pitching combo in baseball.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Thanks in advance for what?

we were asked our opinion, i gave mine...not sure why thats upsetting you so much...i stated i would rather have zambo/dempster this year than sheets/sabathia....thats MY OPINION.....yours differs, thats cool......i dont mind you having your opinion, not sure whyyou mind me having mine.....and yes, i'm sure my opinion is shaded by the fact that i am a fan of the Cubs, so i know what the guy has meant to us this year......i dont hide that.....

no where did i tell you that you were WRONG for thinking CC was better, i simply told you WHY i thought Dempster was better this year....

should be a good race now, as Zambo and Dempster have to take on the best combo in baseball to win their division, let the race begin

rjt721

EOG Master

Cubs fans have been delusional for 100 years :houra :houra :houra

<5 Star Sausage gobbler :+textinb3
Another good point. Keep them coming. Maybe eventually we can drown out the lunacy that's filled most of this thread.

Ryan fuckin' Dempster over Sabathia. ::LMAO::

5 star bomb

EOG Master

we were asked our opinion, i gave mine...not sure why thats upsetting you so much...i stated i would rather have zambo/dempster this year than sheets/sabathia....thats MY OPINION.....yours differs, thats cool......i dont mind you having your opinion, not sure whyyou mind me having mine.....and yes, i'm sure my opinion is shaded by the fact that i am a fan of the Cubs, so i know what the guy has meant to us this year......i dont hide that.....

no where did i tell you that you were WRONG for thinking CC was better, i simply told you WHY i thought Dempster was better this year....

should be a good race now, as Zambo and Dempster have to take on the best combo in baseball to win their division, let the race begin

Exactly dude... i feel the exact same way as you do. Let these guys say all they want. The better team will come out on top by the end of the year. C.C. will help the Brewers but I would still go to battle with Z and Demp any day of the week

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Another good point. Keep them coming. Maybe eventually we can drown out the lunacy that's filled most of this thread.

Ryan fuckin' Dempster over Sabathia. ::LMAO::

Hey Moron... Demp is having a MUCH better year the C.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12io4j2w90

rjt721

EOG Master

Nothing. I just like saying that.

we were asked our opinion, i gave mine...not sure why thats upsetting you so much.
It doesn't upset me at all. I think you're way off base in this discussion, and I think even considering Dempster over C.C. is ridiculous, but I'm not upset.

Cubs are a good team. They should be right there in the NL.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Guys , he was Ryan Dumpster not that long ago, tred lightly.

Yes he's had a great 1st half. 12io4j2w90

rjt721

EOG Master

Hey Moron... Demp is having a MUCH better year the C.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12io4j2w90
You're just mad that my fantasy team is dominating yours and that I was fortunate enough to pickup Jeff Suppan for a spot start today and watch him allow 6 runs over 3 innings to the fucking Pirates.

Good point.

Fuck it, I can do it too. Tim Wakefield and Justin Masterson are the premier 1/2 pitching combo in baseball.

Uh, maybe in the AL...nobody beats Tim Redding/Odalis Perez this season. NATS 2 NASTY

Odalis Perez makes C.C. Sabathia look like Joe Borowski.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Guys , he was Ryan Dumpster not that long ago, tred lightly.

Yes he's had a great 1st half. 12io4j2w90

He was NEVER as bad as most Cus fans made him out to be. He wasnt a great closer by all means but he wasnt that bad either. He worked super hard in the offseason, dropped 25 lbs or so and it is really paying off this yr

If i had to go into the playoffs, this season, i would take (in no particular order) before them

Santana-Maine
Zambrano-Dempster
Webb-Haren
Beckett-Matsuzaka
Bedard-Hernandez
Lackey-Saunders

Why don't you throw Odalis Perez/Jason Bergmann in there while you're at it?

Santana-Maine Maine? Seriously? He's not in the top 30 pitchers in MLB. PLus, Santana is among the leaders in HR allowed annually.
Zambrano-Dempster Both having solid years, but Dempster wearing down in the 2nd half would concern me if I were a Cubs fan
Webb-Haren Two of the best and most consistent in baseball(44-45 record isn't helping their case though)
Beckett-Matsuzaka - Dice is a turd
Bedard-Hernandez - Bedard is weirdo that cries too much and Felix is on the DL again
Lackey-Saunders - Saunders? 50 career starts over 4 MLB seasons, this is his first with a sub 4.45 era. Come on. Maybe you meant Ervin Santana.

Go Brewers. I dunno if USDBet even pays out, but I got the Crew at 10-1 odds to win the Central there last week. :pop:

Uh, maybe in the AL...nobody beats Tim Redding/Odalis Perez this season. NATS 2 NASTY

Odalis Perez makes C.C. Sabathia look like Joe Borowski.

Beat me to it- I couldn't decide who #2 should be, Bergmann or Redding. I knew Perez was a lock for the ace though.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Harden and Duchscherer is a better combo than cc/sheets

Apple

Banned

This is a great thread..

Apple

Banned

Dempster pitching tomorrow..

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Best rotation is clearly the Cubs now....

1. Z
2. Harden
3. Demp
4. Lilly
5a. Marquis
5b. Marshall

Apple

Banned

Zambrano Harden is nasty.. Jesus Christ

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Zambo and Dempster did ok again......combined 15 innings, allowing 3 HITS TOTAL, and 2 earned runs, with 9 k's....both win, and combine to go 20-6 between them...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Zambo and Dempster did ok again......combined 15 innings, allowing 3 HITS TOTAL, and 2 earned runs, with 9 k's....both win, and combine to go 20-6 between them...

Where are the haters?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

im not arguing, just pointing out, that they CONTINUE to get the job done, and Dempster isnt fading yet....

I would say 15 innings, with 3 hits, is a pretty damn good 1-2 combo...and its not like its a 1 time thing...they have been superb all year..

5 star bomb

EOG Master

im not arguing, just pointing out, that they CONTINUE to get the job done, and Dempster isnt fading yet....

I would say 15 innings, with 3 hits, is a pretty damn good 1-2 combo...and its not like its a 1 time thing...they have been superb all year..

agree.... now throw in Harden to the mix and Lilly has been throwing better also.... SCARY

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

As much as it sucks to admit as the biggest tool in forum history is a fan, but the Cubs are set up well, and not just becauce of this trade. Harden isn't right. But the national league sucks again as usual and they have a great shot to get out of it.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

As much as it sucks to admit as the biggest tool in forum history is a fan, but the Cubs are set up well, and not just becauce of this trade. Harden isn't right. But the national league sucks again as usual and they have a great shot to get out of it.

hey thats not nice pal... :nono

Its funny how all the Cubs haters try and find new ways to bring them down though. And what do you mean Harden isnt well? Yes he is

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

agree.... now throw in Harden to the mix and Lilly has been throwing better also.... SCARY

Lilly is the key to their chances down the road. If he pitches like I know he is capable of they have the best chance of getting out of the NL. Don't feel they can rely on Harden. Billy isn't stupid. The guy isn't right health wise. Velocity way down, but the homers just go googo gaga over what seems like a steal.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

hey thats not nice pal... :nono

Its funny how all the Cubs haters try and find new ways to bring them down though. And what do you mean Harden isnt well? Yes he is

Not a cubs hater at all. Love wrigleyville.